Old 03-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #46
MON
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghes face...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Haye's got a small neck for someone bulking up to Heavyweight though. Seems he only built his upper body as his legs are skinny though.
That's his build.

He's lanky and has a long neck.

He'll still KO the meatheads in the HW division...
MON is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #47
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
i think it'll be Povetkin, then Ibragimov (get the ko that Wlad couldn't). It depends what the HW landscape looks like by that point - but I'd go for Chagaev and Peter next. Both eminently beatable. If Valuev's back in the frame - maybe him too?

Then Wlad.
Chagaev, Peter and then Wlad? That is much too fast...He cannot go as fast as that, I don't think. It wouldn't be wise. At this rate, he could be HW Undisputed Champ by this time next year and even Haye banks on 2 years at the earliest...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #48
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
The problem is: what happens when Haye comes against a hard chinned monster with a good punch, even a mediocre one...maybe the guy cracks his chin...

I cannot see Haye going all the way because of his chin, unless his defence becomes much better.

Im sorry but a big enough puncher Like the one the one Haye posses would pretty much level up the fact Haye has a poor chin.

When you step in with a huge puncher the quality of your chin hardly matters.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #49
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON
That's his build.

He's lanky and has a long neck.

He'll still KO the meatheads in the HW division...
Yeah, he doesn't really have a HW build but he could of built his neck too? Holy when he moved up built his neck and upper body.

He wont KO them all, guys like Chagaev have granite chins and are used to big shots, his power will look average.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #50
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Chagaev, Peter and then Wlad? That is much too fast...He cannot go as fast as that, I don't think. It wouldn't be wise. At this rate, he could be HW Undisputed Champ by this time next year and even Haye banks on 2 years at the earliest...
Don't know why he's giving It 3 years, It could take long with all the politics. Lennox took till he was 33/34 to unify them all.

Hope he doesn't have too many yes men around him.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #51
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Don't know why he's giving It 3 years, It could take long with all the politics. Lennox took till he was 33/34 to unify them all.

Hope he doesn't have too many yes men around him.
He wants to be out of boxing by the time he's 30, he said. So...2 and a half years. I guess he recons the division is weak and with so many unifications lately, he won't have to beat that many to get a shot at the best. If he beats one of the unified Champs, he only has to beat another one, Wlad, say...and that's it.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #52
Sprint
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 526

Amir Khan did well to keep his emotions in check, whereas his dad seemed to be extremely upset when the referee called it off.
Sprint is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #53
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Im sorry but a big enough puncher Like the one the one Haye posses would pretty much level up the fact Haye has a poor chin.

When you step in with a huge puncher the quality of your chin hardly matters.
It certainly does. Look at what Ezra Sellers career amounted too? And he was a VERY talented cruiser. The same can almost be said for Kelvin Davis.Anyone here remember Micheal Bennett from the 2000 Olympics? He was the US champion and a Silver medalist the previous year. He was a dynamite puncher. But his chin by far had to be the worst in the hisotry of boxing. All the power he was able to wield didnt make a blind bit of diffrence and his professional career was over in 3 years. Obviously those are extreme examples and Hayes chin isnt that bad. BUT to be shook by a career super middle, KO`ed (although via exhaustion by Thompson) and dropped with LEAD RIGHT hands by Mormeck is bad news. These are all technical flaws that Haye can fix defensively.

At heavy he wont have a chance to fix them if his busy eating punches.

Last edited by El Rey; 03-24-2007 at 10:40 AM.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #54
MON
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah, he doesn't really have a HW build but he could of built his neck too? Holy when he moved up built his neck and upper body.

He wont KO them all, guys like Chagaev have granite chins and are used to big shots, his power will look average.
How did Holyfield do it though? I know there's always been rumours about him juicing, don't know how true that is....

If Haye is going to take 9 months to be ready for the HW division, then he may be thinking about bulking areas such as his neck without becoming too heavy and losing his advantages.

I know Haye is 6ft3 and 200+ pounds, but I watched his fight and about an hour later I watched Peter - Maskaev, the size difference seemed vast, they seemed huge in comparison to Haye......partly because of their huge heads and stomachs admittedly. There's no way Haye needs to try and be anything like that though!
MON is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #55
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
At the end of the day Enzo is a decent boxer but lets be real his not up there with tbe Bells Mormecks and Hayes yet. His best foe to date prior to Haye was Wayne Braithwaite..

When it mattered most Enzo was found wanting. No shame there.
so diplomatic.

hatton lasted into the 10th with floyd and never got that sorta praise.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #56
MON
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint
Amir Khan did well to keep his emotions in check, whereas his dad seemed to be extremely upset when the referee called it off.
I don't get people who complain about stoppages like that. What do they want, deaths in the ring?

If the ref had let the fight continue then Haye could have seriously hurt Enzo and Enzo wouldn't have been the same again. All it would take is a couple of unanswered rights to the temple and a bad fall and Enzo would have been ****ed.
MON is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #57
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
so diplomatic.

hatton lasted into the 10th with floyd and never got that sorta praise.
Yeah but Enzo never had smoke blown up his ass nor a massive gravy train to derail and nor a hype train going at full pelt infront him. ****** fighters follow similar routes. Hatton Joe Enzo are all the same. Its only a matter of time before Hatton is throughly exposed. So you sit tight now your time will come.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #58
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Yeah but Enzo never had smoke blown up his ass nor a massive gravy train to derail and nor a hype train going at full pelt infront him. ****** fighters follow similar routes. Hatton Joe Enzo are all the same. Its only a matter of time before Hatton is throughly exposed. So you sit tight now your time will come.
u been spouting that shite for years rantings.

still waiting leek tbh.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #59
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I ****ing hate that word 'exposed', that and 'shot' are the two most over, and incorrectly, used words on ESB.

I can see Calzaghe having beaten Lacy, Kessler, Hopkins and Pavlik getting 'exposed' by Dawson in 2009!!!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #60
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
I ****ing hate that word 'exposed', that and 'shot' are the two most over, and incorrectly, used words on ESB.

I can see Calzaghe having beaten Lacy, Kessler, Hopkins and Pavlik getting 'exposed' by Dawson in 2009!!!!
Dawson could only beat Calzaghe if the latter was shot!

Decebal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum