Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default So, if Haye had instead signed with a certain British promoter in 2002....

What would he be looking forward to for his next fight?

What, if any, 'world title' would he currently be carrying?

What sort of fighters would have been hyped up as legitimate, hardcore opposition (ala 'monster' Ezra Sellers)?
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: So, if Haye had instead signed with a certain British promoter in 2002....

WBO title fights against the likes of Bobby Gunn
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: So, if Haye had instead signed with a certain British promoter in 2002....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
WBO title fights against the likes of Bobby Gunn
I think Haye vs Gunn might well be the first fight in which the challenger is KOed BEFORE the bout even starts, by the air from the champ shadow boxing in his dressing room.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Let's just say Damon Reed would be eagerly looking forward to another pay day...
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #5
dwilson

vCash:

Ver good thread. We do not know how Mr Haye's career would have gone like but we can presume it would have along the same lines as Macca's.

So right at this moment Haye would be just coming off a huge fight that unified the cruiserweight division and would be making claims to move up to heavy weight. Haye would still be undefeated.

But we would all hate him because he is with a certain promoter and only fighting guys that should never be in a ring with him.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
brown_bomber
BROWN BOMBER
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1597

haye wud be shaping up next to fight audley harrison and danny williams
brown_bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

slightly off topic but just think back 6 to 12 months ago.

****** was lambasting haye in his newspaper column for backing out of a £250k offer to fight enzo and if haye won having to give ****** options on his next 4 fights , which if he stepped up to heavy would have to include
sprott/williams/skelton.

whats the betting in ******`s newspaper column this week he does not say

"jeez david haye was smart not to take up my offer that i called him every kind of dipshit for not taking"

but i just know he will say something to the effect good luck to david haye in the heavyweight division but he better not go near him , him him etc etc.
sean is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

****** is a bad loser but this time, if he puts the knife in, everyone will think he's a ****, even those who don't know anything about what's been going on.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
slightly off topic but just think back 6 to 12 months ago.

****** was lambasting haye in his newspaper column for backing out of a 250k offer to fight enzo and if haye won having to give ****** options on his next 4 fights , which if he stepped up to heavy would have to include
sprott/williams/skelton.

whats the betting in ******`s newspaper column this week he does not say

"jeez david haye was smart not to take up my offer that i called him every kind of dipshit for not taking"

but i just know he will say something to the effect good luck to david haye in the heavyweight division but he better not go near him , him him etc etc.
Haye definitely owned Frank ******. Took a nice chunk of money off him, embarrassed one of his top fighters and forced him to retire as a promotor.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
Tony Harrison
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I fear Bobby Gunn would no longer be with us.
Tony Harrison is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison
I fear Bobby Gunn would no longer be with us.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #12
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Hay would be 37-0 (37ko's) and the undisputed WBO, WBU, IBA and IBO interim champion. Next fight at O2 Arena against TBA but soon to step up and face the reigning champion in his next fight.... yeah right.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #13
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Would he still have Booth at his side perhaps or a trainer that doesn"t give him an easy ride.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
****** is a bad loser but this time, if he puts the knife in, everyone will think he's a ****, even those who don't know anything about what's been going on.
He's never been afraid of looking like a **** though, so I get the feeling his usual mean spirited "my way or the highway" nature will kick in and he'll have a few jabs at Haye.

I did notice, during the build-up, that he did concede at one point that making the fight now was actually higher-profile and more lucrative than if they'd fought a year back. Whether he remembers he admitted that or no is another matter.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #15
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

I dont think Hayes pride would have allowed himself to go through any mismatches.

I am not a fan of Haye, but i give props where props are due and whilst i dont belive he will be an elite heavyweight, i believe that he will beat a fair few good men.

Plus Haye has an ego, ****** has an ego therefore they wouldnt e compatable.
KCD is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum