boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default could Haye dethrown any of these?

everyone knows haye is stepping up to heavwyeight and i believe he can change the divsion for english boxing fans. but does anyone think he can dethrown any of the current champions. if so which one why and after how many fights?

chagaev?
wlad?
samuel?
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Default Re: could Haye dethrown any of these?

All three. Only Vlad stands in his way IMO.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think he would put Chagaev away without any trouble whatsoever. Peter would be more testing, if Haye can stay out of trouble for a bit, the fat Nigerian will run out of steam and become cannon fodder.

Wlad is the most interesting fight. Here you have a guy with a reputation of being chinny, has been down a few times but still comes to fight, whilst having a great skill set (Haye), against a naturally athletic, intelligent, powerful man, yet who seems afraid of copping one on the whiskers (Klitschko) - I think if Haye can get through the Lennox-esque jab of Wlad, he will win easily, if he can't, I see him having difficulty.

I think Haye is suitably managed to avoid getting on the domestic merry go round which seems to have affected our heavies of late, thank god for that!
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
TFFP

vCash:

Chagaev would be tricky, he's pretty cautious and the southpaw stance and counterpunching could give Haye problems if he fails to keep his hands up. Still very winnable

He would **** Peter up, he's far too slow and plodding. People talk about how Haye will will be KTFO when he gets hit, but how the hell is Peter going to hit him? His punches are so wild and telegraphed, Haye is used to fighting quick cruisers

Wlad he is a live underdog. If he can get Wlad in one of his panic states with a good shot he has a chance. Easier said than done. This is 70/30 Wlad
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I think Peter would be the easiest fight for him. He is very slow and technicly not great, has a poor chin. He is a big pucnher but Hayes speed would make him difficult to hit. Haye would likley KO him in 6!

Wlad sheer size will cause problems for Haye. It would be intresting to see how he does agaisnt a guy that hits harder than him. Wlad will not have been in with anyone thats as quick as Haye though, and his chin is questionable. Its 60-40 to Wlad at the mo.

I think Chagaev is very under rated. He should not be judged on his performance agaisnt Skelton He is also a simular size and build (20lbs bigger) to Mormeck, which causes Haye alot of problems. Technicly he is very strong, and physicly to. Very Solid Chin. Haye would have to keep him at range and scare him with his power and speed. 50-50 fight.

He should fight Rahman, Eliminator, American in America then Peter. 1 Defence then go for a Unification.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The key is that he'll look like prime RJJ compared to almost every heavyweight. We now know that Roy has a dodgy chin, but how many people checked it in his prime?

Wlad, obviously, would be favourite but he ****s himself when up against anyone who is even rumoured to have something resembling a punch. He'd go insanely negative and under those circumstances he'll either:

Jab and hold his way to a decision.

Get KOed as he panics.

Catch a frustrated, bored Haye coming in and win by stoppage.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

All the heavies have is a punchers chance. Wlad is the only one with the ability to fight Haye on even terms but even then Haye has that power which can neutralise.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
dwilson

vCash:

Obviously all three would give him a tough test. All are probarly the best in the division right now, I do think the belts are with rightful owners and Haye has a long way to go before being ready to take them on. I would like Haye to have 4 or five fights before a world title shot and I think that is how long it will actually take. Hopefully the American tv guys will build him up into a huge global star and give him the shot when he is a far and well known boxer, a guy that can bring the heavy weight division back to glory.

Haye will not be on the top of anyones list of opponents yet, he looks very dangerous and talented so Haye will have to go out and make it so the title holders have to face him.

Chagaev is thought to be the weakest and that is prob right. His the smallest and wierdest looking of the top three but still very dangerous, his stats are pretty damm good.

Peter is a monster but very beatable, as long as he does not hit you.

Wlad is the best but we all already know his bad points.

All three could ko Haye and all three could be KOED by Haye. Hopefully our guy will come out on top.

I would love to see a Skelton fight when Haye comes back. Skelton would tell us alot about how Haye will do at heavy, alot more so than fighting some unknown rated guy or an old dud who happens to be rated high cos he koed someone years ago.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
rusticraver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haye;s jab is key
rusticraver is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #10
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Peter would be easy for him, by far the most winnable. Did you guys see the Macca fight, his reflexes are pretty amazing. Every jab Enzo threw he just moved his head back a fraction to evade it, and Peter is more crude than an elephant. He simply would not be able to land his clubbing punches on the vastly quicker and evasive Haye, who would pepper him with huge shots.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Skelton is probably the worst fight out there for Haye!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
All three. Only Vlad stands in his way IMO.
Yup. 50/50 on Wlad, he bombs out the others.
LiamE is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Obviously all three would give him a tough test. All are probarly the best in the division right now, I do think the belts are with rightful owners and Haye has a long way to go before being ready to take them on. I would like Haye to have 4 or five fights before a world title shot and I think that is how long it will actually take. Hopefully the American tv guys will build him up into a huge global star and give him the shot when he is a far and well known boxer, a guy that can bring the heavy weight division back to glory.

Haye will not be on the top of anyones list of opponents yet, he looks very dangerous and talented so Haye will have to go out and make it so the title holders have to face him.

Chagaev is thought to be the weakest and that is prob right. His the smallest and wierdest looking of the top three but still very dangerous, his stats are pretty damm good.

Peter is a monster but very beatable, as long as he does not hit you.

Wlad is the best but we all already know his bad points.

All three could ko Haye and all three could be KOED by Haye. Hopefully our guy will come out on top.

I would love to see a Skelton fight when Haye comes back. Skelton would tell us alot about how Haye will do at heavy, alot more so than fighting some unknown rated guy or an old dud who happens to be rated high cos he koed someone years ago.
Styles make fights. Although they are hte top three I'd reckon David would have more trouble with a fighter like Povetkin.

I cant see a Skelton fight happening. Fruadley on the other hand would be great.... though I have major, major doubts as to whether he'd ever agree to it.
LiamE is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
John18
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think only Wlad beats him with relative ease. The other champs have punchers chance but I would expect Haye to come out on top for the reasons already given.

The Skelton fight could be a nightmare, his smothering, grinding style coupled with his sheer size could really take Haye out of his stride. I'd hope his class would tell though.

I would like to see Haye fight Ruiz. Ruiz goes for his patented cuddle manouver, only to be side stepped and KTFO.
John18 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

He would have to go the distance with Chagaev though, Ruslan's chin Is granite and will take Haye's shots. Skelton's style just made Ruslan look ugly.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum