Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 434
vCash: 1000
Default VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

SUNDAY 16TH MARCH AT EVERTON PARK LEISURE CENTRE , 2.00PM FOR 2.30 PM START
BRETT FLOURNEY v ALAIN SEBIRE
MARK MORAN v ABDHUL MOUGHARBEL
PAUL KEIR v PAUL BONSON
CARL DILCS v DEAN WALKER
MARTIN MURRAY v MICHEAL BANBULA
JOHN WATSON v BAZ CAREY
JOE McNALLY v TBA

Tickets still available from any of the above home fighters or the venue , they will also be available to purchase on the day.

DANNY HARDING - Has been given the all clear by VIP to conduct his own business – we wish him all the best.

STEPHEN FOSTER JNR – Has pulled out of his rematch with Derry Mathews and decided that following his good performance with Alex Arthur that his best weight will be Super-Featherweight . Hopefully Derry willgrow into a Super-Featherweight in the not to near future and the contest can be made again , it is one that Stephen still longs for !!!!.

MICHEAL GOMEZ – Following the withdrawal of Lee McAllister from there scheduled WBU lightweight contest Mike has taken another opportunity to fight in Scotland on the same proposed date. Barry Hughes of Braveheart promotions has kindly added Gomez onto his show in Glasgow and he will a 6 round contest. Mike and his team are gutted at the Lee McAllister ‘COP OUT’ and given his team until the end of the week to produce a contract for another date or they will decide to move elsewhere.
stegsie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

McAllister has bottled it ... Gomez would have smashed him.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:00 AM   #3
STEVE WOOD
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 70
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Jeff ,

Looks like you are right as the McCallister clan have gone very quiet !!

STEVE WOOD
STEVE WOOD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE WOOD
Jeff ,

Looks like you are right as the McCallister clan have gone very quiet !!

STEVE WOOD
No doubt about it Steve.... they would have probably fancied there chances after the Johansson fight but obviously somethings happened to make them change there minds.. Maybe he's not firing in the gym- who knows?
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #5
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Steve is John Watson formerly an Army lad?
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
STEVE WOOD
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 70
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Jeff,

Not sure mate , he is not one of the VIP lads - he is on our show as he sells a few tickets and is an exciting fighter.

Steve
STEVE WOOD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE WOOD
Jeff,

Not sure mate , he is not one of the VIP lads - he is on our show as he sells a few tickets and is an exciting fighter.

Steve
If its the former ABA champion he looks very useful from what i've seen so far... one to keep an eye on.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:19 AM   #8
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegsie
MICHEAL GOMEZ – Following the withdrawal of Lee McAllister from there scheduled WBU lightweight contest Mike has taken another opportunity to fight in Scotland on the same proposed date. Barry Hughes of Braveheart promotions has kindly added Gomez onto his show in Glasgow and he will a 6 round contest. Mike and his team are gutted at the Lee McAllister ‘COP OUT’ and given his team until the end of the week to produce a contract for another date or they will decide to move elsewhere.

This Gomez/McAllister situation seems a bit odd.

BBN ran a story along the lines of it being Gomez destined not to show up and now it seems it was McAllister that pulled out.
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM   #9
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Steve is John Watson formerly an Army lad?

Jeff, just out of interest -

How long were you in the army for?

Why did you leave?
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Jeff, just out of interest -

How long were you in the army for?

Why did you leave?
I completed Phase one training and then left coz I was missing my lad and was mis-sold the army lifestyle by the careers office aka lying bastards.... Army life and the things that the kids have to put up with was frankly disgusting. I enjoyed it though wish I had of joined younger
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #11
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 434
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

JOE McNALLY is looking good in the gym, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.
stegsie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #12
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 821
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
I completed Phase one training and then left coz I was missing my lad and was mis-sold the army lifestyle by the careers office aka lying bastards.... Army life and the things that the kids have to put up with was frankly disgusting. I enjoyed it though wish I had of joined younger
What were the problems mate?
The Lads is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,452
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
What were the problems mate?
Too many to list really plus i've signed a secrecy agreement so can't really divulge- Not impressive lets just say that...
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #14
Dan MT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Posts: 141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
This Gomez/McAllister situation seems a bit odd.

BBN ran a story along the lines of it being Gomez destined not to show up and now it seems it was McAllister that pulled out.
Yeah I noticed that story aswell. Then I heard a rumour in Aberdeen that Gomez was due to pull out.

Seems very strange that Lee is now fighting up a weight and Gomez is fighting at lightweight on the same date.

I'll be looking forward to seeing if McAllister and VIP can sort out a contract for a fight between the two.
Dan MT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News (Foster out, Gomez not Happy + More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan MT
Yeah I noticed that story aswell. Then I heard a rumour in Aberdeen that Gomez was due to pull out.

Seems very strange that Lee is now fighting up a weight and Gomez is fighting at lightweight on the same date.

I'll be looking forward to seeing if McAllister and VIP can sort out a contract for a fight between the two.

Welcome to the brit forum Dan MT!

Something doesn't add up - hopefully the situation will become clearer and the fight will still be on at some stage.
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013