Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
Doggie03
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

This ma be my first post, but I do read the posts from tme to time see what people think

First, as a huge Mayweather fan, I have to say I was dissapointed when he wouldn't fight Cotto after the Zab fight.

Everyone saying that Floyd is a boring fighter are only basing it on his last 2 fights. The Oscar fight wasn't boring, and many people think the same. It just didn't live up to the hype, and no other fight could. As for him dancing around the ring against him, did anyone notice that Oscar looked 20 pounds heavier than him, and probably was. No one fight toe-to-toe the whole time against that.

Has anyone ever seen his past fights to make this, floyd is boring, rationalization.

G. Hernandez - 130 pound champ, and undefeated at that weight. one of the best to fight in that division. Floyd beat him mercifully.

A. Manfredy - Also a huge threat in that weight class, 2nd round TKO.

E. Burton - Maybe not the best, but very tough. Fought him toe-to-toe the whole way.

D. Corrales(RIP) - The favorite in the fight, knocked him down 5 times.

P. Ndou - 31 wins, 30 kockouts, toe-to-toe the whole way, 7th round knockout.

D. Corley - Solid fighter, again, toe-to-toe the whole way, 2 knockdowns, easy win.

A. Gatti - I won't even go into this one

Z. Judah - one time undisputed champ. Wasn't dancing around him all night. In fact, he was walking him down all night whoopin his arse.

Sorry to say that, unfortunately, boxing is also a business. Now he's fighting Hatton, and that's a solid. Before everyone was saying he is ducking Hatton, and now that he is fighting Hatton, everyone is saying he's ducking Cotto and Margarito. Make up your mind, or stop hating.

Hatton would bring in the most money. Hatton is ranked #8 P4P, while Cotto is 10 and Marg...lol. Why would he fight Margarito, WHO THE FLOCK IS MARGARITO!!! He is an unkown fighter that no one would pay to see. Let him fight a quality fighter, and someone who is actually a someone in the sport, and then maybe he will get his chance, and I'm not talking about Paul Williams either, he's also a no name.

As far as Cotto, let him fight another quality opponent and get his name out there, he's pretty much only known in the PR scene. Hatton beat Zoo, and Castillo, and they were both quality fighters, and now has his name out there, not to mention the fanatics in Ireland, which 13,000 people traveled to Vegas to see this fight. This fight would sell out easily.

Ok, Bring on the arguments
Doggie03 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie03
This ma be my first post, but I do read the posts from tme to time see what people think

First, as a huge Mayweather fan, I have to say I was dissapointed when he wouldn't fight Cotto after the Zab fight.

Everyone saying that Floyd is a boring fighter are only basing it on his last 2 fights. The Oscar fight wasn't boring, and many people think the same. It just didn't live up to the hype, and no other fight could. As for him dancing around the ring against him, did anyone notice that Oscar looked 20 pounds heavier than him, and probably was. No one fight toe-to-toe the whole time against that.

Has anyone ever seen his past fights to make this, floyd is boring, rationalization.

G. Hernandez - 130 pound champ, and undefeated at that weight. one of the best to fight in that division. Floyd beat him mercifully.

A. Manfredy - Also a huge threat in that weight class, 2nd round TKO.

E. Burton - Maybe not the best, but very tough. Fought him toe-to-toe the whole way.

D. Corrales(RIP) - The favorite in the fight, knocked him down 5 times.

P. Ndou - 31 wins, 30 kockouts, toe-to-toe the whole way, 7th round knockout.

D. Corley - Solid fighter, again, toe-to-toe the whole way, 2 knockdowns, easy win.

A. Gatti - I won't even go into this one

Z. Judah - one time undisputed champ. Wasn't dancing around him all night. In fact, he was walking him down all night whoopin his arse.

Sorry to say that, unfortunately, boxing is also a business. Now he's fighting Hatton, and that's a solid. Before everyone was saying he is ducking Hatton, and now that he is fighting Hatton, everyone is saying he's ducking Cotto and Margarito. Make up your mind, or stop hating.

Hatton would bring in the most money. Hatton is ranked #8 P4P, while Cotto is 10 and Marg...lol. Why would he fight Margarito, WHO THE FLOCK IS MARGARITO!!! He is an unkown fighter that no one would pay to see. Let him fight a quality fighter, and someone who is actually a someone in the sport, and then maybe he will get his chance, and I'm not talking about Paul Williams either, he's also a no name.

As far as Cotto, let him fight another quality opponent and get his name out there, he's pretty much only known in the PR scene. Hatton beat Zoo, and Castillo, and they were both quality fighters, and now has his name out there, not to mention the fanatics in Ireland, which 13,000 people traveled to Vegas to see this fight. This fight would sell out easily.

Ok, Bring on the arguments
KoByBriggs..............is that you? That was actually a well thought out post. wellcome aboard. No argument from my end,but i'm sure someone will call you a nuthugger or even worse.................a FAG.
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

we all no this shit, but now hes boring, below 147 he was awsome to watch but for some, he is no longer
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
mightyd40
Spartan
ESB Senior Member

i dont like mayweather but i am a pretty reasonable thinking fan and i agree with most of your arguments
mightyd40 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #5
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Welcome to ESB. I'm a fan of the "sweet science" so naturally I'm a big Floyd fan as well. You'll find there are many 'fight' fans who rather enjoy watching two guys hitting each other constantly than enjoy a good boxing match. It's all good whatever your preference is, just ignore the idiots, youll get a feel for who is who
justaboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
Doggie03
Journeyman

Well, thanks to all welcoming me to the board
Doggie03 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
jonesjrp4p1
16 yr old prodigy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1557

i agree with all your arguments especially about marg and not just because im a pbf fan
jonesjrp4p1 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaboxingfan
Welcome to ESB. I'm a fan of the "sweet science" so naturally I'm a big Floyd fan as well. You'll find there are many 'fight' fans who rather enjoy watching two guys hitting each other constantly than enjoy a good boxing match. It's all good whatever your preference is, just ignore the idiots, youll get a feel for who is who
Here we go again with this nonsense that you have to like a certain fight style to be a fight fan. Floyd fans love to polarize boxing, either you love Floyds fight style or you love to watch crude brawlers.

Blah, blah, blah, b.s., b.s., b.s.

I have nothing for Floyd, and I enjoy the whole spectrum of fight styles, ALL OF THEM. So I guess in your eyes Im not a boxing fan.
acb is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Being a boxer or a brawler or whatever the **** style people want to see. Ring Magazine says hes number 1 , then he's number one. Like the threadstarter stated, he didnt get there for no reason.

Who does people want to determine whos number 1, ESB posters??? dont think so
I don't think you understood my point. Some people here don't like Floyds style of fighting hence they would rather see a P4P champ who likes to get in and mix it up (Pac, Cotto) Don't get me wrong, Floyd is the best boxer today
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #10
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Here we go again with this nonsense that you have to like a certain fight style to be a fight fan. Floyd fans love to polarize boxing, either you love Floyds fight style or you love to watch crude brawlers.

Blah, blah, blah, b.s., b.s., b.s.

I have nothing for Floyd, and I enjoy the whole spectrum of fight styles, ALL OF THEM. So I guess in your eyes Im not a boxing fan.
I don't care what style you like, I rather see a boxing clinic than an all out brawl, hence this is why I am a Floyd Mayweather fan.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #11
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't think you understood my point. Some people here don't like Floyds style of fighting hence they would rather see a P4P champ who likes to get in and mix it up (Pac, Cotto) Don't get me wrong, Floyd is the best boxer today
No dont try this now. What your saying now doesnt match what you said before.

You'll find there are many 'fight' fans who rather enjoy watching two guys hitting each other constantly than enjoy a good boxing match.
acb is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #12
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't care what style you like, I rather see a boxing clinic than an all out brawl, hence this is why I am a Floyd Mayweather fan.
Yes and I could really care less what you like either. Thats not the issue, the issue is your arguement that to be a real fight fan you have to like the way Floyd fights. You can be a real fight fan and like any style, period. It doesnt make you a less intelligent or knowledgable fan whatsoever.
acb is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #13
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It doesnt make you a less intelligent or knowledgable fan whatsoever.
what are you doing in a floyd appreciation thread
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #14
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

hmm lets see

would most fans rather see Corrales vs Castillo

or FMJ vs Spinks?
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #15
Doggie03
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
hmm lets see

would most fans rather see Corrales vs Castillo

or FMJ vs Spinks?
When was that fight made? Let me know, cause I'd like to watch it.
Doggie03 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum