Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #16
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie03
When was that fight made? Let me know, cause I'd like to watch it.
when the entire country needs a cure for insomnia.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #17
jonesjrp4p1
16 yr old prodigy
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: oswego
Posts: 792
vCash: 1557
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
hmm lets see

would most fans rather see Corrales vs Castillo

or FMJ vs Spinks?
haha c vs c but i love watching boxing clinics too like fmj vs corrales gatti
jonesjrp4p1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #18
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
what are you doing in a floyd appreciation thread
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #19
Doggie03
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
when the entire country needs a cure for insomnia.
That doesn't make any sense, they're not fighting.
That's like saying who would you rather watch, Klitchko Vs. Lewis, or Jermaine Taylor Vs. Jose Santa Cruz. The fight will never happen.

Plus the fight wouldn't be boring. Styles make fights. Spinks isn't bigger than Floyd by 20 pounds, so he'd be beat senseless, like he did Gatti
Doggie03 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #20
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaboxingfan
Welcome to ESB. I'm a fan of the "sweet science" so naturally I'm a big Floyd fan as well. You'll find there are many 'fight' fans who rather enjoy watching two guys hitting each other constantly than enjoy a good boxing match. It's all good whatever your preference is, just ignore the idiots, youll get a feel for who is who
wow just stfu with your« I am a fan of the sweet science so naturaly I like floyd» u clearly no nothing if u think this statement makes sence, I have fellow boxer training at my gym that HATE floyd mayweather style and they know more then I do on this sport, fighting like that is great, but not every boxing fan enjoy a safty first fighter.
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #21
DatBo215
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Philly
Posts: 351
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

I respect floyd for decisively beating most people he steps in the ring with, but there is a fine line between the "sweet science" and running. I do consider myself a boxing fan, but i like to watch fights when people FIGHT. Yea he's good at what he does, and he does win, but he doesn't fight. And i know all his fans are going to say i don't know good boxing or whatever, but i like to see fights when people fight. He is boring...effective, but boring.
DatBo215 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #22
Doggie03
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBo215
I respect floyd for decisively beating most people he steps in the ring with, but there is a fine line between the "sweet science" and running. I do consider myself a boxing fan, but i like to watch fights when people FIGHT. Yea he's good at what he does, and he does win, but he doesn't fight. And i know all his fans are going to say i don't know good boxing or whatever, but i like to see fights when people fight. He is boring...effective, but boring.
But that's what I'm trying to point out. Your're baseing that on his past 2 fights, when the fighters were much bigger than he was. Oscar looked 20 pounds heavier than he did. but before that, he was whopping ass, and he was fighting
Doggie03 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Dont have to like PBF to respect him but CANNOT do that, until he fights the best opp, something he hasnt done in ANY division he's been in. He has the opportunity to make up most of that ground at 47, if he so chooses, it's time for his legacy to be defined and a huge waste if the attempt isnt made.

As for style?? He's a boxer and there will always be diffrent style's. Greatness is defined by victories over quality opposition of various styles. I care less about style than I do about a championship attitude.

To this point, Floyds been lacking
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #24
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 282
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie03
But that's what I'm trying to point out. Your're baseing that on his past 2 fights, when the fighters were much bigger than he was. Oscar looked 20 pounds heavier than he did. but before that, he was whopping ass, and he was fighting

You make a good point Dog, but i think it has already been pointed out in those terms. But a good point is well worth repeating
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #25
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddynabuick
You make a good point Dog, but i think it has already been pointed out in those terms. But a good point is well worth repeating
No one made PBf move up in weight, that was his own doing and we allknow he aint no 54 fighter. He did that for the DLH payday and is now at 47 again. If he's concerned about size??? fight Hatton at 40
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #26
Doggie03
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Dont have to like PBF to respect him but CANNOT do that, until he fights the best opp, something he hasnt done in ANY division he's been in. He has the opportunity to make up most of that ground at 47, if he so chooses, it's time for his legacy to be defined and a huge waste if the attempt isnt made.

As for style?? He's a boxer and there will always be diffrent style's. Greatness is defined by victories over quality opposition of various styles. I care less about style than I do about a championship attitude.

To this point, Floyds been lacking
He has fought quality. Hernandez, Manfredy, Corrales, Castillo...and Oscar wasn't quality. Not just for the payday, he's been calling him out since he was at 135
Doggie03 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #27
Doggie03
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
No one made PBf move up in weight, that was his own doing and we allknow he aint no 54 fighter. He did that for the DLH payday and is now at 47 again. If he's concerned about size??? fight Hatton at 40
No, he's not a 54 pounder, but he's wanted DLH all his career, so he made that sacrifice to fight him. but now he's a 147, and Hatton can bump up to 147 like he did in the past.
Doggie03 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #28
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie03
He has fought quality. Hernandez, Manfredy, Corrales, Castillo...and Oscar wasn't quality. Not just for the payday, he's been calling him out since he was at 135

Dude, take Manteddy out of that equation, he's a turd. Replace that with Judah and you have the five best opponents on his record.

The problem is, Floyd's avoided tougher opposition at every weight

30 Casamayor

35 Spadafora(who beat floyd bad in the gym)

40 Hatton/Tszyu

47 Margarito/SSM/Cotto

Floyd has cherry picked his way through every division, now he can put an end to that shit and make up for it at 47, if he so chooses. I hope for him, his fans, and the sport that he has the balls to do it.

If you dont know, I cant stand PBF, but can respect ACTIONS. Still wouldnt like him, but would have proper respect if he does and even if he LOSES.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #29
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie03
No, he's not a 54 pounder, but he's wanted DLH all his career, so he made that sacrifice to fight him. but now he's a 147, and Hatton can bump up to 147 like he did in the past.
25 mil is hardly a sacrifice It was also another title in another weight class, which floyd loves to talk about. Still not a real championship as floyds had only two of those at 30 and 47. We are awaiting PBF's first defense of that 47 title.

I dont care what weight he fights Hatton at, though it should have happened at 40 since Hatton was CHAMP and Floyd wasnt Size wont be an issue between PBF and Hatton, like it would/could be with PBF vs Margarito.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #30
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 19,095
vCash: 75
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
25 mil is hardly a sacrifice It was also another title in another weight class, which floyd loves to talk about. Still not a real championship as floyds had only two of those at 30 and 47. We are awaiting PBF's first defense of that 47 title.

I dont care what weight he fights Hatton at, though it should have happened at 40 since Hatton was CHAMP and Floyd wasnt Size wont be an issue between PBF and Hatton, like it would/could be with PBF vs Margarito.
If Floyd wasn't the real champ at 135 and 154, then who were the real champs?
BigReg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013