Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #31
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Maccarinelli seems to want to rewrite history!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I agree, a definite stumble. A similar Haye left hand soon after which connected with much more force had Rawling saying about Macca "think he blocked that one" .
Yes! I rewatched that bit as well.
Haye is kinda crouched down to his left, then uncoils and swings in a wide left. Macca doesn't even come close to blocking it, you can see his face contort from the blow so Rawling was way off.
DamonD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #32
Jimbo
Super Sharp Shooter
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
Yes! I rewatched that bit as well.
Haye is kinda crouched down to his left, then uncoils and swings in a wide left. Macca doesn't even come close to blocking it, you can see his face contort from the blow so Rawling was way off.
... but way on the party line.

Being generous, he did it because Macca was the underdog and he wanted to make the fight seem more competitive, but then he did pick Macca to win before the fight
Jimbo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #33
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-14-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #34
Raashid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Anyone know if there's a full video load anywhere? I only saw the highlights (not that there's much more i agree!)?
Raashid is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #35
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler
But he was holding his own before he got annihalated!
Yeah, he kept his chin down through 12 weeks of sparring, so technically it took Haye until well over the 100th round to catch him. There's no shame in being knocked out that late in a fight.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #36
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Right after the fight, Macca said he lost to a great Champion! We all said: "what a good sport Macca is!"

This is what he says now:

If Id been boxing my best and lost to a great champion the No 1 in the world at the weight I would have said I wasnt good enough.
But its not as if Ive been beaten up for seven or eight rounds, I was holding my own and just got caught.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Delusional or what?
You're reading to much into it. I actually listened to him saying what he is directly quoted as having said here and it doesn't come across the same. He admitted to losing to the No 1 in the division but wished that he could've boxed his best in doing so. As for holding his own, well it was nip and tuck but you could see Haye was the more confident one and as soon as Enzo's hand slipped down he whacked him. Super speed. Hell there was only 5 mins worth to read into!!
HOF is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #37
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF
You're reading to much into it. I actually listened to him saying what he is directly quoted as having said here and it doesn't come across the same. He admitted to losing to the No 1 in the division but wished that he could've boxed his best in doing so. As for holding his own, well it was nip and tuck but you could see Haye was the more confident one and as soon as Enzo's hand slipped down he whacked him. Super speed. Hell there was only 5 mins worth to read into!!
Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...but here's the thing: I never liked Enzo because he was pretending to be a great Champ, acting like one, whilst fighting crappy opponents he was hyping up as world beaters. Then, when he took the fight against Haye, I was very impressed with him. I was very impressed with the way he conducted himself before the fight - respectful and feet on the ground. I also liked the way he congratulated and acted in the lockerroom, after the fight (there was a video) and the way he said he was beaten by a great Champion.

So...when I saw this, I thought it was a change of tack and I didn't like it! I hope Macca is not going back to the old ways. This fight could be a turning point for him; he could finally come down to earth and start fighting tough fights, proving his real worth, acting like a challenger...he could end up a much better fighter, thus.

But if he rewrites history and pretends he was unlucky to win...he's going nowhere but down...and he'll probably not fight anything but bums to soothe his ego...so I reacted.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #38
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...but here's the thing: I never liked Enzo because he was pretending to be a great Champ, acting like one, whilst fighting crappy opponents he was hyping up as world beaters. Then, when he took the fight against Haye, I was very impressed with him. I was very impressed with the way he conducted himself before the fight - respectful and feet on the ground. I also liked the way he congratulated and acted in the lockerroom, after the fight (there was a video) and the way he said he was beaten by a great Champion.

So...when I saw this, I thought it was a change of tack and I didn't like it! I hope Macca is not going back to the old ways. This fight could be a turning point for him; he could finally come down to earth and start fighting tough fights, proving his real worth, acting like a challenger...he could end up a much better fighter, thus.

But if he rewrites history and pretends he was unlucky to win...he's going nowhere but down...and he'll probably not fight anything but bums to soothe his ego...so I reacted.
I've also been very disappointed with Enzo's recent opponents, especially since he took the belt. Other then Braithwaite they were not exactly ideal preparation for Haye!! I like the way Haye and Adam Booth work as an independent team although ironically they might need the help of someone like ****** to navigate themselves through the eastern bloc heavyweights. As for the cruisers, there could be some quality scraps for the belts fairly soon and hopefully ****** won't be shy in throwing Enzo's name into the hat
HOF is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #39
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It was clearly a lucky punch. Enzo was well ahead on points and got complacent. That's what FW told me anyway
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #40
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

What's with this "held his ground" business? Next we'll be congratulating fighters for holding out the 30 seconds or so before they get knocked out in the first round.

In that case, Khan's old opponents have to be congratulated.
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #41
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

If thats true then why did Maloney work for ****** for a while If he's so capable?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #42
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish
What's with this "held his ground" business? Next we'll be congratulating fighters for holding out the 30 seconds or so before they get knocked out in the first round.

In that case, Khan's old opponents have to be congratulated.
exactly...if it had gone at least 2 rounds longer, with macca giving as good as he took - only then could he have said he was "holding his own".

shit...gurov held his own before getting ktfo after 30 seconds.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #43
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Its like when people say Lennox Lewis got ko'd twice by lucky punches and he would have won. Shit if it was a lucky punch the fella should never have been in the ring with you in the first place.

I was hoping Enzo would win, deep down i wasnt so sure, i was proved wrong, but fighters always try to make excuses, blames somebody else.

Last edited by My dinner with Conteh; 03-28-2007 at 09:04 AM.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #44
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Yeah but Lennox just got hit by one lucky punch each time.

Enzo got hit by four lucky punches in one round.

That's like four times as unlucky.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #45
Dibbs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Frank ****** did previously say he would retire if Haye won the fight, and in the recent BBC interview he now says 'he will retire if that's what the fans want', it has nothing to do with 'the fans', you make a statement like that you stick to it, he had that much confidence in Enzo winning he comes out with that, has he ever cared what the fans want? now suddenly he does.

I notice no such statement was made for Ree's defence......
Dibbs is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum