Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
dwilson

vCash:
Default Boxers looking on internet before fights.

I've heard it a few times that boxers have a look on internet sites and forums to see how people view there up coming fight. Does this actually happen and if so is that the reason Enzo Macc looked so freaked out when he entered the ring against Haye, I mean some of the shit written on ESB must have freaked him out abit.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
brown_bomber
BROWN BOMBER
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1597
Default Re: Boxers looking on internet before fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
I've heard it a few times that boxers have a look on internet sites and forums to see how people view there up coming fight. Does this actually happen and if so is that the reason Enzo Macc looked so freaked out when he entered the ring against Haye, I mean some of the shit written on ESB must have freaked him out abit.
don't think he did otherwise macranelli woudlen't have said enzo calzaghe was going kill him back in the locker room
brown_bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I doubt the opinion of some forum junkies is going to mean too much to them. David Haye used to post on here when he 1st turned pro. Does he still even browse the board?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Diablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I remember when Haye posted about his first career knockdown on here. I doubt he bothers looking anymore..
Diablo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

What was the other American light middle that used to post on the general forum.I forget his name.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Diablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Nah im sure it was Haye trying to reassure us about his "chinny chin chin" ...his words lol. Hes a funny guy as well as a crackin fighter.
Diablo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #7
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
What was the other American light middle that used to post on the general forum.I forget his name.
John Scully?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Naw thats not him. He was quite slim but wiry and used to have locks or long plaits..
Old 03-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #9
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Well, we have two fine fighters in Willie Limond & Barry Morrison, both former commonwealth & British champions who are still in the mix for more big fights in the near future who have posted/still post here for a start, theres no doubt fighters have a look at the forums to see what people are saying about them. I know if I were a prizefighter I would!

& heres a wee thought from me about how word on this forum spreads. I am pretty sure that Joan Guzman has been told about some of the things being said by me & some of the lads here about how Arthur is going to beat him, going by the quotes he made recently about how hes 'going to rip Arthurs head off' cos some scottish & british people have said Guzman wont turn up & Arthur will win etc...

Now ONLY on ESB brit forum has anyone backed Arthur to win & been quite vocal about it, my good self & a few more select people here. On EVERY other forum no-one is giving Arthur a snowballs chance in hell of winning, & the press over here have written Arthur off too.
So I am more or less sure Guzman has been told by someone about the ESB lads on here who have been backing Arthur to whup his ass, & the arrogant wee sod is raging! & he even gave ESB an interview recently too saying what he going to do to Arthur, so Guzman is watching, & its nice to think he could be thinking of my words of wisdomm when AAA is hurting him, & he will wish he took the advice & never turned up in bonnie Scotland
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 01:29 AM   #10
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
The internet is a very small world dude put it that way!
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 AM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
The internet is a very small world dude put it that way!
Tell me about it
I even got grief recently from a guy who claimed to know Barry McGuigan, cos I had a few 'choice words' to say about Barry cos he wasnt too nice to willie Limond & Scotty Harrison.

yer right, the internet is indeed a small world, especially when its boxing thats the hot topic!
Old 03-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #12
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Well, we have two fine fighters in Willie Limond & Barry Morrison, both former commonwealth & British champions who are still in the mix for more big fights in the near future who have posted/still post here for a start, theres no doubt fighters have a look at the forums to see what people are saying about them. I know if I were a prizefighter I would!

& heres a wee thought from me about how word on this forum spreads. I am pretty sure that Joan Guzman has been told about some of the things being said by me & some of the lads here about how Arthur is going to beat him, going by the quotes he made recently about how hes 'going to rip Arthurs head off' cos some scottish & british people have said Guzman wont turn up & Arthur will win etc...

Now ONLY on ESB brit forum has anyone backed Arthur to win & been quite vocal about it, my good self & a few more select people here. On EVERY other forum no-one is giving Arthur a snowballs chance in hell of winning, & the press over here have written Arthur off too.
So I am more or less sure Guzman has been told by someone about the ESB lads on here who have been backing Arthur to whup his ass, & the arrogant wee sod is raging! & he even gave ESB an interview recently too saying what he going to do to Arthur, so Guzman is watching, & its nice to think he could be thinking of my words of wisdomm when AAA is hurting him, & he will wish he took the advice & never turned up in bonnie Scotland

Hey joan ya wee scrawny poof wi a lassie's name, Alex Arthur is going to punch your ****ing cunt in.

Get it ****ing roon ye.
themacallan is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 02:09 AM   #13
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Tell me about it
I even got grief recently from a guy who claimed to know Barry McGuigan, cos I had a few 'choice words' to say about Barry cos he wasnt too nice to willie Limond & Scotty Harrison.

yer right, the internet is indeed a small world, especially when its boxing thats the hot topic!
I recorded and uploaded the Kevin Anderson vs Craig Dickson fight to another site about 2 hours after the fight. I posted screenshots of Dickson and took the piss out of him for looking like Robocop. The next day i get a PM from Dickson and a picture of him wth black eyes giving me the finger.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 02:10 AM   #14
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by themacallan

Hey joan ya wee scrawny poof wi a lassie's name, Alex Arthur is going to punch your ****ing cunt in.

Get it ****ing roon ye.
Stop making things worse for Alex.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 02:14 AM   #15
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by themacallan

Get it ****ing roon ye.

Aye Guzman, ye look like a ****in lollipop wi' that wee stick body and massive heid o' yours, come tae Scotland if ye think yer tough enough ya dominican dickhead ye!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum