Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-12-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
QuestionKid7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default A Few Questions

Hey everyone I just got a few questions about my training and diet. Just a bit of background, I havn't been to my boxing gym for about three months, just been taking a break. I'm ready to go back now though but im kind of out of shape. So just need a few things answered.

So I got about a week till I go back to the gym, during that time I want to get into better shape (I know it wont be great). Im not fat or anything, I can still do alot of cardio and etc. but I want more.

When running it's been really hot out here lately so I either run at 6 in the morning which I can't I dont know why. I'm just not able to get up I need my sleep im 14. It doesn't get dark at night until 10-11 and my mom is really paranoid so I can't run then.. Would it be horrible if I didn't do any running until the winter starts, when it's cooler?

I'm 5' 8" 14 years old, and 130 pounds, should I start lifting weights? Not heavy or anything, just 2-3 times a week, I'd like to build u my speed and get to around 135-140 pounds of muscle. Just want peoples opinions and input from personal experience.

Just a couple diet questions here. This may sound dumb but, is drinking milk with protien shakes better then water? Is a protien shake for breakfast enough ?

Sorry about the long post, but I just really want to do better at boxing when I get back then I did before I took the break.
If you don't got answers for everything please just answer the ones you know / have experience with.

Thanks so much!

-Questionkid7
QuestionKid7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #2
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: A Few Questions

i would recomened get a real meal instead of a liquid meal. try not to subsitute real food with liquid except PWO. and no protein shakes is not better than water you need water but shakes can be helpful to. but water i s essential. no you must run. if you cant then do burpees or jumprope. yes lift weights start out with mark rippetoes. ill post up the workout tomorrow im to tired tonight
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
QuestionKid7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Okay, I didn't mean subsituting protien powder with water, I meant is having it mixed with water better then with milk.

Also what is PWO ?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionKid7
Hey everyone I just got a few questions about my training and diet. Just a bit of background, I havn't been to my boxing gym for about three months, just been taking a break. I'm ready to go back now though but im kind of out of shape. So just need a few things answered.

So I got about a week till I go back to the gym, during that time I want to get into better shape (I know it wont be great). Im not fat or anything, I can still do alot of cardio and etc. but I want more.

When running it's been really hot out here lately so I either run at 6 in the morning which I can't I dont know why. I'm just not able to get up I need my sleep im 14. It doesn't get dark at night until 10-11 and my mom is really paranoid so I can't run then.. Would it be horrible if I didn't do any running until the winter starts, when it's cooler?

I'm 5' 8" 14 years old, and 130 pounds, should I start lifting weights? Not heavy or anything, just 2-3 times a week, I'd like to build u my speed and get to around 135-140 pounds of muscle. Just want peoples opinions and input from personal experience.

Just a couple diet questions here. This may sound dumb but, is drinking milk with protien shakes better then water? Is a protien shake for breakfast enough ?

Sorry about the long post, but I just really want to do better at boxing when I get back then I did before I took the break.
If you don't got answers for everything please just answer the ones you know / have experience with.

Thanks so much!

-Questionkid7
Hey Qkid! How have you been? My advice is to find a way to do some sort of cardio indoors or something you can do at home at night. Try jumping rope, shadowboxing, burpees (like he said) for 45+ minutes, trying not to rest so your heartrate stays up. For a 14 year old boy a protein shake in the morning is no where near enough. Especially if you are trying to gain weight. If you drink plenty of water throughout the day then yes, have the protein with milk for the extra calories. The weights thing I'm sure will get argued on here, but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't lift a couple times a week if you want. You could even do it like a circut if you wanted to get some extra cardio. When does your club start back up? Got any girls up there for me yet?
amy is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
QuestionKid7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The Club goes through the whole year, it just isn't open as much. I was just taking a break.
For the indoor cardio should I do jump rope, shadowboxing, and burpees for 15minutes each or just focus on one or two every night ?
I'll defiantly start doing weights then, if anyone could like a type of circuit that'd be great .
As for girls at my gym, we have had a couple but one didn't come for the boxing routine only the cardio and the other just stopped showing along time ago. Sorry Amy.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionKid7
The Club goes through the whole year, it just isn't open as much. I was just taking a break.
For the indoor cardio should I do jump rope, shadowboxing, and burpees for 15minutes each or just focus on one or two every night ?
I'll defiantly start doing weights then, if anyone could like a type of circuit that'd be great .
As for girls at my gym, we have had a couple but one didn't come for the boxing routine only the cardio and the other just stopped showing along time ago. Sorry Amy.
Yeah, the girls never stick around long here either.
One thing you could do is set aside a half hour or so and jumprope for 2 mins, then shadowbox for 2 mins, then burpees......etc without rest in between.
amy is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #7
QuestionKid7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Okay I'll do defiantly do that tonight then. Thank Amy!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
Sagefrancis
Journeyman

Location: I dont know where I am, but I know how fast im going

its good to see your getting back into it.
as for your weight training. dont expect to gain any weight at all if your doing all that cardio as well.
weights and cardio do the exact opposite of each other. One tears the muscle and promotes growth through repair and the other uses energy (calories) which you need to help in recovery.
Im not saying to cut out cardio. Im just saying that although you will gain a huge amount of strength through your weight training, dont expect to be any bigger.
Sagefrancis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing