vCash: 1000
Default Enzo Calzaghe rips on Haye

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

======================================================
Big Enzo will be back

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Written by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
on Monday, 17 March 2008

Enzo Maccarinelli will be back this week. He had a bad turn, he's licked his wounds and he'll come back harder, stronger and better. A defeat doesn't have to be the end, it could be the beginning of your life. He wasnt hurt technically.
I'd rather it have gone that way than him been involved in a 12-round war. There is no physical damage like there would have been in a long battle. The only thing hurt is his pride.

He'll be back and start kicking arse big time. We'll adjust to the mistakes he made. He's come to terms with it. There's no one to blame but himself. He won't do that again.
I was 28-0 in world title fights, every good bubbles got to burst. I'm not God, there's only one God and he's up there.
No boxer or trainer's immortal. As long as we did our job right, when it comes down to business its down to the fighters.
All this said, Haye did nothing for me to change my views on him. It wasnt his performance that counted it was Enzo's performance. He was only as good as Enzo made him look.
He answered no questions to me. He only threw four punches himself a round. Four whole punches.
Lets be honest about it, this hot property: B*******.
I think the same of him as I did before. If Enzo went 12 rounds with the guy he would have destroyed him.
He didnt get a chance to show it because he did what he did wrong.
You can't judge what Haye is all about from that fight. It took him five big straight rights to deck Enzo.
Now you think he is going to be fighting 17 stone guys. It will take a lot more to put them down.
Lets not look too much . If thats 12 rounds as Maccarinelli can fight, as he does all the time, that greatest thing since sliced bread wouldn't be around today.
He won fair and square but lets not get carried away because enzo underperformed.
It wont be hard to get Enzo over this. He's a very positive character. He believes in his ability and he wont blame anyone. He knows a true Enzo would have done a job on this guy.
It could be lots of things, I'm not going to question what this was. He said straight afterwards: 'The thing I was asked to do I didnt do'. He will be back. Hopefully we can get him back in the beginning of June and we'll be ready to rumble with Enzo again.
We'll give him a ten-rounder to start with to dust the cobwebs off and then we'll get him straight back fighting for a world title.

======================================================

He's glad Macca didn't go 12 damaging rounds, but on the other hand Haye hits like a ***** and would've been destroyed anyway. Haye only threw 4 punches a round (?!) and it took him a whopping 5 (count 'em, 5) punches to put away Macca anyway.

If you lose to a guy that, by Enzo's count, threw a mere 8 punches, that reflects pretty badly on you...perhaps Enzo C is deep in the grip of senility or something.

Last edited by DamonD; 03-17-2008 at 09:01 AM.
DamonD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Default Re: Enzo Calzaghe rips on Haye

you wouldn't expect anthing but a load of bullhsit from this guy. he's the biggest ****roach in the sport is Calzaghe senior. he's a total moron
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #3
Tony Harrison
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ridiculous.

Frankly shows a lack of class too. I wouldn't begrudge the little nutter a rant straight after the fight/massacre when emotions were still running high but discrediting Haye's win a week later is pathetic.
Tony Harrison is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Utterly ridiculous.

Well, no, Haye didn't answer any questions quite frankly. Because he wasn't asked any. Nor did I expect him to be, I always felt Maccarinelli would be a step down in class for Haye. Haye answered his questions previously. This fight was just for a bit of easy money and recognition.

Maccarinelli was the one stepping up and being asked the questions. His answers were not particularly positive.

Enzo Calzaghe should follow Frank ******'s lead and retire.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
dwilson

vCash:

Come be serious. Which boxer or trainer ever say's the opposite to what Enzo Calzaghe just said after a defeat.

I do think he's a **** but every trainer and fighter comes up with excuses and reasons why the fight could have turned out different.

We did not learn anything from the fight about how good Haye will be at heavyweight except he can destroy guys who are physically smaller than him and not on his level with technique. I think whatever you thought about Haye's chances at heavy will not have been affected by anything that happened during the Haye vs Macca fight.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #6
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Fair enough if he'd said: I still believe Enzo has the beating of Haye, but he made a mistake.

We'll carry on.

he really dismissed Haye entirely. basically, to EC, Haye got lucky.

Really out of order.
I do not doubt he's abit of a **** but he will still try to defend his fighter and himself. Plus the bad blood from the build up came from him, ****** and Booth so he is not going to start singing Haye's praises and swing from his nuts.

Enzo is right to be glad that his fighter did not take a sustained beating, he obviously believes Macca can get back on track and fight for world honours once again. Enzo is a confident guy who will be trying to put abit of that belief into his fighters. If Haye cops abit of it while he's doing it he will not mind and I doubt Haye will either.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Nothing wrong with defending your fighter, but all this carry on is just crass.

There wasn't anything wrong with his preparation granted, but it doesn;t matter how good one's preparation is, if the guy in the opposite corner is in a different league.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #8
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Enzo threw a counter hook as he pulled back. Enzo does it ALL THE TIME. Haye just had the goods to make him pay for it.

How did Haye not show unbelieve speed and power? How about the fact he was bossing the first round as a ring general. He was comfortable and his defence was working. Very few mistakes and then a devastating finish.

I liked it and Haye looked good because of what Haye did. Enzo fought like he always does, you saw the same moves inside those 5mins. Why didn't others put Enzo away like that? cos they ain't got the speed, timing, power, finishing ability etc
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
I can read the article as well, so there's no objection that he wants to make clear Enzo isn't finished and that they'll work on the flaws Enzo made.

However, Enzo is basically saying that Haye is shit and that he was lucky he caught Enzo at all. If it had gone further, he'd have thrashed Haye senseless.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

It's really out of line - he should show some humility rather than be bitter that Haye is getting much deserved praise.
I agree but do you not think people are making somethinng of it just because it has come from Enzo Calzaghes mouth?

This type of talk happens just about all the time, after just about every fight.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Agreed, not in the immediate aftermath, not a week later when rational thought should have taken over!

Enzo just ain't good enough to beat Haye - deal with it Mr Calzaghe.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #11
LB3000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Enzo talking shite again, what a surprise.
LB3000 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #12
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Talk about sour grapes.

Enzo C should accept the best boxer won. Macca looked scared and timid against Haye and rightly so. Haye has a huge punch and Macca was scared of taking one and landing on his backside.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #13
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Well, I think I'm making an issue out of it because it's so aggressive and detrimental to Haye.

It wasn't like Enzo was handing David his ass and got caught - Enzo had lost the first round and was on his way to losing the second when it happened.

If David goes on to win a title at HW, I imagine Enzo C will suddenly be bigging Haye up and saying how no wonder Enzo lost: he was fighting a damn good HW.
Yep your right he will, he is a **** and he really does not like Haye. Im sure in his mind he believer he's right.

I got pissed off with some of the stuff Mitchell said after the Johanneson fight, im a Johanneson fan. What Mitchell said was fairly normal to what is usually said but when it is about a fighter you like you get a little bit more pissed off than you usually would.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #14
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

it's all very well sticking up for your own guy and trying to build his confidence back up etc., after getting sparked.....yes that's normal.
But this little dipshit is going out of his way to discredit Haye. He's a bitter old ****er......Enzo Calzaghe is just a cunt of enormous proportions. Go look at all his interviews.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #15
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

There's defending and protecting your fighter (and reputation), and then there's just delusion. Feeding the line that Macca lost due to bad luck to a sub-par opponent that he should've thrashed.

This is the kind of delusion that could mean the flaws he showed against Haye will be ignored and overlooked. And what that potentially leads to is another bad knockout loss in the future.

Enzo C is in denial, and that does his fighter no good at all.
DamonD is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum