Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

======================================================
Big Enzo will be back

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Written by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
on Monday, 17 March 2008

Enzo Maccarinelli will be back this week. He had a bad turn, he's licked his wounds and he'll come back harder, stronger and better. A defeat doesn't have to be the end, it could be the beginning of your life. He wasnt hurt technically.
I'd rather it have gone that way than him been involved in a 12-round war. There is no physical damage like there would have been in a long battle. The only thing hurt is his pride.

He'll be back and start kicking arse big time. We'll adjust to the mistakes he made. He's come to terms with it. There's no one to blame but himself. He won't do that again.
I was 28-0 in world title fights, every good bubbles got to burst. I'm not God, there's only one God and he's up there.
No boxer or trainer's immortal. As long as we did our job right, when it comes down to business its down to the fighters.
All this said, Haye did nothing for me to change my views on him. It wasnt his performance that counted it was Enzo's performance. He was only as good as Enzo made him look.
He answered no questions to me. He only threw four punches himself a round. Four whole punches.
Lets be honest about it, this hot property: B*******.
I think the same of him as I did before. If Enzo went 12 rounds with the guy he would have destroyed him.
He didnt get a chance to show it because he did what he did wrong.
You can't judge what Haye is all about from that fight. It took him five big straight rights to deck Enzo.
Now you think he is going to be fighting 17 stone guys. It will take a lot more to put them down.
Lets not look too much . If thats 12 rounds as Maccarinelli can fight, as he does all the time, that greatest thing since sliced bread wouldn't be around today.
He won fair and square but lets not get carried away because enzo underperformed.
It wont be hard to get Enzo over this. He's a very positive character. He believes in his ability and he wont blame anyone. He knows a true Enzo would have done a job on this guy.
It could be lots of things, I'm not going to question what this was. He said straight afterwards: 'The thing I was asked to do I didnt do'. He will be back. Hopefully we can get him back in the beginning of June and we'll be ready to rumble with Enzo again.
We'll give him a ten-rounder to start with to dust the cobwebs off and then we'll get him straight back fighting for a world title.

======================================================

He's glad Macca didn't go 12 damaging rounds, but on the other hand Haye hits like a ***** and would've been destroyed anyway. Haye only threw 4 punches a round (?!) and it took him a whopping 5 (count 'em, 5) punches to put away Macca anyway.

If you lose to a guy that, by Enzo's count, threw a mere 8 punches, that reflects pretty badly on you...perhaps Enzo C is deep in the grip of senility or something.

It's hardly ripping, his guy got beat but It doesn't mean he exactly has to change an opinion.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #17
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Enzo Calzaghe rips on Haye

Or even give a shred of credit, either.

Which makes Macca look worse for losing to the guy.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #18
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Haye threw more punches than Macca, infact when he had him agaisnt the ropes he threw about 15 punches and didnt look out of breath.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #19
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'd rather it have gone that way than him been involved in a 12-round war.

Quote:
If Enzo went 12 rounds with the guy he would have destroyed him.

****!
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #20
Maza1987
Illin' since '87
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3356

Holy ****.
Thats needs to be put in the dictionary next to sour grapes.
Maza1987 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #21
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

EC is very close to ruining his reputation... There is nothing worse then a loud mouth trainer. I find this version of events puzzling... If your a fighter and your trainer says that you have to start asking yourself some questions. EC results so far as a trainer have been excellent but judging by the forums response to this madness coupled with the 'ticket' issue the other week and you have a seriously declining adoration for this guy. Personally I think he's had too much success too soon and its gone to his head. 'Trainer of the year' and all that.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #22
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Macceranelli must be reading this so embarrassed!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #23
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
EC is very close to ruining his reputation... There is nothing worse then a loud mouth trainer. I find this version of events puzzling... If your a fighter and your trainer says that you have to start asking yourself some questions. EC results so far as a trainer have been excellent but judging by the forums response to this madness coupled with the 'ticket' issue the other week and you have a seriously declining adoration for this guy. Personally I think he's had too much success too soon and its gone to his head. 'Trainer of the year' and all that.
I think Enzo Calzaghe would have been best adviced to keep quiet if this is what he comes out with. Haye won for 1 very good reason he was the better man having more talent and having mixed in higher class. I have watched Enzo Maccarinelli closely even at ringside and while he is a good puncher especially with the left hook he has always had vulnerability about him. Haye is a sharper fighter than Macarinelli full stop. Enzo Calzaghe is on his way to losing all respect. I for one had never judged him based on his son Joe's success.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #24
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

What a total ****.

Max - how the **** can you defend him mate? He was saying before the fight that Haye was crap and he is now saying not just that Mac is much better and was unlucky but that Haye is going nowhere, is basically no good and he sounds like a ****ing 5 year old crying.

He said before the fight that Mac was "twice as fast" and he now says he feels exactly the same about Haye as before the fight, thats funny because one of the rights Haye landed was a perfect example of speed and reactions, dodging a Mac punch to flash in a right that was simply too quick for Mac.

Enzo Calzaghe is an utter prick.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #25
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-14-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #26
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

the old fanny lives off joes sucess he isnt shit in boxing, when lockett and bradley get KTFO in america he'll really know how much of a big shit he really is
faisal is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #27
riot187
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The man is a f*cking embarrassment. What a prize ****!
riot187 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #28
Dibbs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Unhappy Re: Enzo Calzaghe rips on Haye

All this crap about Enzo making a mistake, he fought like he always does, only this time he was backed up more, he fought a guy who threw faster punches and quite simply he got caught. It's not about making mistakes that's just a cop-out, he fought a better fighter and got beat. It's as simple as that.

The difference was Enzo Calzaghe talked a good fight, and Haye fought one. So if Gavin Ree's loses that will be because Kotelnik had a good night???

And if Joe Calzaghe loses that might be because he became home sick???

It just goes to show bad sportsmanship doesn't just affect some fighters....and that's a shame for all concerned.
Dibbs is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #29
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I suppose in a way it's undertsandable Calzaghe Sr talks like this but it just doesn't sound very good. With Rees, JC and Lockett training for world title fights he's gotta keep everything positive but he didn't need to undermine Haye. Smacks of sour grapes and doesn't sound particularly good when your fighter just got taken clean out by him.
HOF is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #30
Diablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hes clearly an idiot, take his son out of his stable and its seriously lacking
Diablo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum