Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Westhoughton, Lancashire
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 1000
Default Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Just read an article and Mayweather is saying he is or will not rule out rematches with De la Hoya and Hatton.

What do you guys think?

I think its total bullshit, why does he have to go over old ground apart from the payday?
KCD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 03:05 AM   #2
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 35,259
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

I would like to see Void fight Hatton on neutral territory.

I think there will be a rematch with Oscar, big money fight.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD
Just read an article and Mayweather is saying he is or will not rule out rematches with De la Hoya and Hatton.

What do you guys think?

I think its total bullshit, why does he have to go over old ground apart from the payday?
I think this is first time I have ever agreed with you.

I agree he showed he was better than Hatton and ODH so it would be pointless to give them a rematch.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Westhoughton, Lancashire
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
I think this is first time I have ever agreed with you.

I agree he showed he was better than Hatton and ODH so it would be pointless to give them a rematch.

If Mayweather is going to take his career serious he needs to fight Cotto or retire, unless he wants to fight at Middleweight?
KCD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The sooner the safer
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Is he not rematching ODH in the summer?

I thought Oscar was fighting Forbes, then Mayweather, then a farewell bout at the end of the year then thats him done

Last edited by Mark D.; 04-11-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #6
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Westhoughton, Lancashire
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey
Is he not rematching ODH in the summer?

I thought Oscar was fighting Forbes, then Mayweather, then a farewell bout at the end of the year then thats him done
Yes he is meant to be, i thought the first fight was pretty close, De la Hoyas jab looked good for the first half, but the rematch is pretty pointless if it comes off.
KCD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The sooner the safer
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD
Yes he is meant to be, i thought the first fight was pretty close, De la Hoyas jab looked good for the first half, but the rematch is pretty pointless if it comes off.
Unless ODH wins
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #8
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: motherwell
Posts: 890
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD
Just read an article and Mayweather is saying he is or will not rule out rematches with De la Hoya and Hatton.

What do you guys think?

I think its total bullshit, why does he have to go over old ground apart from the payday?

hey i started a thread on the boxing forum, saying that i had read a comment on a del a hoya fan page on bebo, that a rematch with mayweather was set for 20th september.

i was askin if ther was any truth behind this..............and the ****ers slated me sayin "wer hav you been for the last 3 months?" and shit like that.

so its not common knowledge on our shores...........or is it?
maka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 AM   #9
steelem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

money money money
steelem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 AM   #10
dan-b
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Complete bullshit. He needs to fight Cotto & Hatton needs to fight Witter. The only reason he'd beat up Hatton again is for the money. I'd predict a quicker KO win for PBF should a rematch happen.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #11
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Westhoughton, Lancashire
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey
Unless ODH wins

True
KCD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #12
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Westhoughton, Lancashire
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maka
hey i started a thread on the boxing forum, saying that i had read a comment on a del a hoya fan page on bebo, that a rematch with mayweather was set for 20th september.

i was askin if ther was any truth behind this..............and the ****ers slated me sayin "wer hav you been for the last 3 months?" and shit like that.

so its not common knowledge on our shores...........or is it?


Id heard rumours, but never out of Floyds mouth in an interview.

The De la Hoya fight was close and he was doing well so there can sort of be an argument for a rematch...but its mainly for the .

There is absolutley no point in a Hatton fight.
KCD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:39 AM   #13
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Mayweather not ruling out rematches.

If the money is right PBF will fight anyone put forward. That includes Hatton and Old spice.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013