Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Haye Povetkin

Haye must take this fight if he wants to jump the queue. I think Povetkin would be a very stearn test. Haye has a big mouth, so I hope he doesnt expect to get a title shot after a fight with a Rahman, McCline or such like.
Sundance is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Steve Fox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Haye Povetkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
Haye must take this fight if he wants to jump the queue. I think Povetkin would be a very stearn test. Haye has a big mouth, so I hope he doesnt expect to get a title shot after a fight with a Rahman, McCline or such like.
The WBC seem to be behind Haye, so I don't think he'll have to wait long for a title shot.
Steve Fox is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
A Rahman or a McCline is far and away enough to get you a title shot these days. Sad really.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
dan-b

vCash:

The WBC heavyweight title is a mess at the moment. Klitschko & Virchis have both been promised shots so Haye may have to look elsewhere.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Povetkin would beat Haye however. He needs a name like Rahman to get him a shot vs Peter, (admittedly may take a while as the WBC have about 5 final eliminator fights for his title) or maybe Chagaev.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
The WBC heavyweight title is a mess at the moment. Klitschko & Virchis have both been promised shots so Haye may have to look elsewhere.
As has Juan Carlos Gomez. And Toney-Williams is an eliminator. Oh yeah and Vitali.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haye
Povetkin would beat Haye however. He needs a name like Rahman to get him a shot vs Peter, (admittedly may take a while as the WBC have about 5 final eliminator fights for his title) or maybe Chagaev.
You sure about that. Povetkin did not look in good shape in his last fight. He looked fat and gassed. Also he is easy to hit. The only plus I saw in Povetkin was his workrate.

I am sure Haye would beat him.

I think the easiest option is Peter, the big fatso will be too slow and Haye would KO him.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haye
As has Juan Carlos Gomez. And Toney-Williams is an eliminator. Oh yeah and Vitali.
The Vitali thing is a ****ing joke. I hope he gets flattened in one round.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The Vitali thing is a ****ing joke. I hope he gets flattened in one round.
I hope the fight comes off as I would love to see Vitali school Peter plus it would be free to watch on one of the german satellite channels.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
I hope the fight comes off as I would love to see Vitali school Peter plus it would be free to watch on one of the german satellite channels.
Do you not think it would be terrible for boxing if sick note won back the WBC though?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Do you not think it would be terrible for boxing if sick note won back the WBC though?
No because here have been far worse comeback fights for championship belts.

I just want to see someon school fat Peter. I think he is a total disgrace to boxing and damn right dangerous with his punches to the back of opponents heads.

Vitali would do a number on him and it may force fat Peter to retire or become a gatekeeper.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
No because here have been far worse comeback fights for championship belts.

I just want to see someon school fat Peter. I think he is a total disgrace to boxing and damn right dangerous with his punches to the back of opponents heads.

Vitali would do a number on him and it may force fat Peter to retire or become a gatekeeper.
But then we'd have old sick note putting peoples careers on hold plus no chance of an undisputed champ if the two brothers are holding the belts. You seem to have a lot of irrational hate Kurt. Why is this?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #13
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Povetkin is the toughest non title fight out there.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
Diablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
But then we'd have old sick note putting peoples careers on hold plus no chance of an undisputed champ if the two brothers are holding the belts. You seem to have a lot of irrational hate Kurt. Why is this?
Peter is terrible to watch and just clubs behind the head constantly. If Vitali's body holds up he will beat Peter.

Vitali was by far the best heavy when injuries forced his retirement. Haters stating he was scared of Rahman is hilarious
Diablo is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
dwilson

vCash:

Povetkin has looked good but has done little to explain the hype that he is this super smashing great boxing star. He is good but only because the division is weak of real top class fighters. We have a bunch of guys that are pretty similar so even guys like Wlad look amazing.

Haye could come in and do some serious business and I would expect him to beat Povetkin who uses his face has his defense, he would not get away with that against Haye.

However Haye could still turn out to be a big dud and I am sure no one would be surprised if he gets KOed the first time he faces a game opponent.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum