Old 03-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye Povetkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
But then we'd have old sick note putting peoples careers on hold plus no chance of an undisputed champ if the two brothers are holding the belts. You seem to have a lot of irrational hate Kurt. Why is this?
No hate but I think Peter is one of the worst black HW belt holders since Berbick. He brings nothing to the ring and shows no real skills. He is just a black Roman Greenberg.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
No hate but I think Peter is one of the worst black HW belt holders since Berbick. He brings nothing to the ring and shows no real skills. He is just a black Roman Greenberg.
What I mean is that the only time you seem to post is to get stuck into someone. Rarely do we here a rational post based around logic. Are you bitter about something?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #18
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
What I mean is that the only time you seem to post is to get stuck into someone. Rarely do we here a rational post based around logic. Are you bitter about something?
Just bitter about all the shit in boxing these days and the shit we get served up on television which leads to some right plonkers becoming world champs, Peter being a prime example.

Plenty of positive posts on the David Haye threads (and threads on how to get big fights for free via satellite) so not all my posts are bitter. I honestly think Haye would take fat Peter apart and having seen Povetkin I think he is nothing more than a gatekeeper. I suppose a plus of Povetkin Haye would be that german television would show it free on satellite so no money to Sultana from me.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #19
dan-b

vCash:

It's unlikely Povetkin's team will take this fight when they are already mandatory for Klitschko. Even if they do decide it's too soon for the Klitschko fight its even less likely they would decide to take on a dangerous puncher like Haye instead.

We all know the ills of boxing Kurt but I think overall the sport is enjoying a resurgence even if the heavies do let it down some what. Alphabet politics is nothing new but we are seeing more unifications across the divisions which can only be a good thing.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #20
TFFP

vCash:

This fight is very unlikely, unless one becomes champion

Both are at the prospect stage (maybe Povetkin could be counted as a contender). Even if Haye wanted it, Povetkin's people would never let it happen

If it did, Haye would knock him out. He is very susceptible to the overhand right, he took countless against the light hitting Chambers.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #21
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

I think Vitali would be the toughest test for Haye but i would'nt be suprised one bit if he beat everyone else, including Wlad.

He's got the tools to beat everyone, and maybe even Vitali considering his innactivity.

I'm really excited to see Haye at heavyweight. He's like a breath of fresh air.

I hope he does'nt get over confident though.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2008, 02:13 AM   #22
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

I think we need to see Haye at heavyweight before we can make our minds up guys lets not get to carried away. Povetkin is a proven heavyweight both in the amatuers and currentley in the pros.

Although im not a David Haye fan, i have to admit that he will be going for the big fights straight away because thats in his makeup as a fighter, which is good for boxing.

If the guys fought tomorrow i would like to think that Povetkin would stop him in about 6 rounds after taking a few hard shots.

To be honest this could be a fight for a future unification?
KCD is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #23
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I would put my money on Haye to win. He is the more talented and dynamic fighter. It is whether Povetkins consistent and methodical work can break him down. I think not.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum