Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #16
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Two guys who won't be fighting Amir Khan any time soon...

Khan will never face livewire fighters. He will only fight for the real WBU title as all other titles are meaningless to him.

I can see Khan still fighting blown up straw-weights in a years time. The guy is going no where fast.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #17
Dibbs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Brutal fight, great to watch, agreed not opponents for Khan! At least the Rees option has gone, Amir was just waiting for that fight, going for the weakest champion, so he could announce 'see i am now world champion', so much for the best laid plans....
Dibbs is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #18
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
nice one...i'll definitely be recording this when sky show it on friday. looks to be a great fight

i like the way katsidis has great workrate and effective aggression - he can still do well in the lightweight division. a fight against juan diaz is another which has foty written all over it.

casamayor managed to recover very well from his battering in the 6th - i hope he goes on to take the title away from the least deserving champion out there, david diaz.

how would khan do against these two? hard to say because he hasn't fought anyone remotely world level. i'd be worried for him fighting either of these two, as both katsidis and casamayor can absorb a lot of punishment whilst continuing to dish it out.

if khan were to fight katsidis he'd have to box most of the 12 rounds on the backfoot and try not to get caught, and i'm not sure if he's good enough to do that.

I think Katsidis would steam roll Khan and have an easy job doing it. Alot of people think Khan will take Katsidis out ala Earl, but this wont happen. Katsidis has a good chin and whilst he has been down he has never been really hurt (except in the 10th) and i also believe Khan isnt a big enough puncher to keep Katsidis off.

Casa ko 9 Khan
Katsidis ko 4 Khan
KCD is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #19
Eubank
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Joel Casamayor did not fight for a world title until he was 28 and fought for the vacant interim WBA Super Featherweight title against Antonio Hernandez, a bum who lost 22 fights in his career.

Michael Kassidis also fought for an interim title, vacant WBO lightweight against Graham Earl, a man Khan destroyed in a few seconds. Age 26.
Eubank is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #20
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eubank
Michael Kassidis also fought for an interim title, vacant WBO lightweight against Graham Earl, a man Khan destroyed in a few seconds. Age 26.
How does Khan beating an utterly shot Earl mean anything? The Graham Earl before the Katsidis fight was a different one that stumbled into Amir Khan.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #21
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Joel Casamayor did not fight for a world title until he was 28 and fought for the vacant interim WBA Super Featherweight title against Antonio Hernandez, a bum who lost 22 fights in his career.

I think the fight with Katsidis basically ruined what was an always average fighter in Earl. A prime Earl was made for Khan so the version of him that Khan beat was never going to do much in the fight, once again great matchmaking by ***** ******.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #22
Eubank
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Earl was always crap. Kassidis took the easy route the same as Khan will.
Eubank is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #23
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

how does katsidis stopping earl whilst being put on queer street and getting ko' by a very old man in casamayor make him a worl class boxer.

he is great to watch, dont get me wrong...but he is just a gatti type fighter.

casamayor would have serious trouble from khan.....

btw casamayor in his prime would **** up both katsidis and pre-prime khan on the same night.
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #24
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Earl was always crap. Kassidis took the easy route the same as Khan will.
intelligent.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #25
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Granted Katsidis will never become a great but he has an excellent attitude, as i have said before he was slated to fight Guzman and Diaz, they fell through so he fought Casamayor instead, thats the type of attitude we need in boxing.

Not slagging someone off and then refusing to fight them (Khan and Thaxton)
KCD is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #26
UK2004
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Can't help feeling Katsidis is similar to John Duddy excellent just below world level and good power but not got that talent for the top.
UK2004 is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #27
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2004
Can't help feeling Katsidis is similar to John Duddy excellent just below world level and good power but not got that talent for the top.
Katsidis is much better than Duddy. To date I have not understood the hype about Duddy, the only reason for it I see is that he is white and Irish which goes down well in places like Boston.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #28
UK2004
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I see them as similar Katsidis is not a great boxer in my opinion he relie son the equaliser both are easy to hit.
UK2004 is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #29
seconds out
Journeyman

Thanks for that vid mate, that was a *******.
seconds out is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #30
Alex_NA_Exile
Journeyman

Thanks for the vid. Very entertaining.

Katsidis has exceptional strength but the guy is wide open from every single angle. His punches even come from crazy angles which make for good exciting fights but with an almost non-existant jab, he could fight Casa 10 times and would ko'ed 9 times. I wouldn't even call Casa a hugely powerful puncher. A Casa who is really on his way down and i hope that he isn't around in a couple of yrs to take on Khan!

Some ppl on here seem to think that this Kats is some world class stalwart and ppl who have seen at least a few of his last fights, without even needing to follow him closely, would know that he just ain't!

I think within a year, Khan would be ready for him. I think he could take him now but i think the right level of experience is necessary for Khan. Not that i think Khan is anywhere near a world level fighter yet but Kats (One of my fave fighters to watch, btw) would just be a name on Khan's resume.

Yeah, he would cause Khan huge problems with Kats' sheer power but Khan would have the advantage of his skills and size advantage and the fact that he'll be fighting someone who can't defend for shit! Sometimes i would wish Kats would calm it down a little cos i really hope to see him continue for ten more years cos he's is one of my favourite warriors!

And another thing is that I will not be making the mistake in thinking that Casa is somehow still in his prime because, i just don't think he is. This fight just gives a very distorted view. He beat Kats who is many ppls fave fighter but in no way did he beat a world class young fighter. He didnt even beat a fighter who made 'mistakes' as Kats claimed because that's just the way he fights. If he did just makes 'mistakes', he's been doing that shit for a long time and will be doing it until he retires.
Alex_NA_Exile is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum