Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
Dark Magician

vCash: 500
Unhappy My 6th Fight (Video)Im Humbly asking for Advice or Tips were having a rematch in july

Hello everybody Please watch my 6th fight and give me tips or advice please im fighting this guy again in my 1st ever rematch in July.Any advice is greatly appreciated Thank You Very Much

I am Boxing out of the blue corner with the blue Gloves Im Rocky Leslie
Link is Below

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Dark Magician; 06-08-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: grammer mistakes
Dark Magician is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: My 6th Fight (Video)Im Humbly asking for Advice or Tips were having a rematch in

what weight?

More activity, jab up and down.. work his body ts wide open... you tend to telegraph your punches a bit try to disguise with feints and the such..also he loads up very easy to see what is coming make him miss and make him pay
jasper2005 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
Dark Magician

Default Re: My 6th Fight (Video)Im Humbly asking for Advice or Tips were having a rematch in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper2005 View Post
what weight?

More activity, jab up and down.. work his body ts wide open... you tend to telegraph your punches a bit try to disguise with feints and the such..also he loads up very easy to see what is coming make him miss and make him pay
The weight is Heavyweight 201

Hes a KO Artist

OK i will be more Active I should throw more punches Jasper?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
lepinthehood
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 525

loads of feints.
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
emanresu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
Hello everybody Please watch my 6th fight and give me tips or advice please im fighting this guy again in my 1st ever rematch in July.Any advice is greatly appreciated Thank You Very Much

I am Boxing out of the blue corner with the blue Gloves Im Rocky Leslie

I would touch jab and take a half step back (since the jab is lazy) and counter him with a right and left as soon as he dashes in after your jab.
You also raise your left a lot in anticipation of a right but jump back. Instead you can try to throw the jab and STAND YOUR GROUND keep your right high to catch any incoming lefts and raise your left arm (like you do) to block any possible right and counter with 2 or 3 shots. The point is if you do that sort of block then you need to stand your ground to fire right back. If you raise your arm constantly and jump back then that pattern is pretty set and he can plan moves ahead. Not bad though. Just use your jab more and stand your ground if your comfortable in anticipating incoming shots (according to how you raise your arms constantly) and let them land so you can fire right back. He won't expect that (well, from what I saw in the video).

So I guess it goes

-More Jabs with your right hand up to parry any incoming.
-Stand your ground when blocking to counter immediately
- take half steps back, no jumping! A half step back and you will see the punch miss but still keeps you withing distance to either counter him from him going forward or you take that half step forward and counter him as YOU go forward.
emanresu is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
Lartize
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2468

Relax, I understand that is hard to do, but try to let your jab flow a little more.. and I dont mean just for this fight, I mean for every fight.. that something you need to work on, period.

Also, this guy likes to counter, I am sure you noticed that at times, you gotta keep him off rhythm. Feint, jab. Then double jab.

When he does his "philly shell" shit, circle to his right side and pop the jab, but dont commit to it, you dont wanna get countered with his right.

More then anything I'd say try to establish your will over his, you are the better fighter, you are the boss in the ring, you set the pace and the tempo with your jab and feints.
Lartize is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
Dark Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartize View Post
Relax, I understand that is hard to do, but try to let your jab flow a little more.. and I dont mean just for this fight, I mean for every fight.. that something you need to work on, period.

Also, this guy likes to counter, I am sure you noticed that at times, you gotta keep him off rhythm. Feint, jab. Then double jab.

When he does his "philly shell" shit, circle to his right side and pop the jab, but dont commit to it, you dont wanna get countered with his right.

More then anything I'd say try to establish your will over his, you are the better fighter, you are the boss in the ring, you set the pace and the tempo with your jab and feints.
ok ima work my jab more and i real early before da end of da 1st i already figured out he likes to counter and i figured out hes in love with his power early to you gave me great advice thankyou i will work the jab more and will fient i also think i have to throw some more left hooks but i gotta time him with it when hes coming crazy with his right which im betting that he is gonna try to come crazy with the power shots

i gotta think like the boss im the dominant fighter not him i have to show that i think
Old 06-09-2014, 02:59 AM   #8
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

There was alot of time where you were both there just looking at each other... dont wait for him... during these "lulls" try and set some traps or at least keep a jab in his face, give him something to think about so he cant try and set up the bomb
jasper2005 is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #9
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

For 6 bouts you look okay, theres a lot to work with.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

my best advice is too study the tapes of mike tyson! mike tyson vs lou savarese!
closedguard is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #11
Dark Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
For 6 bouts you look okay, theres a lot to work with.
Any advice or words of wisdom for me ?
Old 06-10-2014, 04:36 AM   #12
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
Any advice or words of wisdom for me ?
Whoever, is working with you is doing a tidy job. I would advise you to listen, at the moment its just experience, wondering when to do and why. Balance is good and technique is nice, there seems to be the making of a good Boxer.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #13
JayTesla
Journeyman

vCash: 75

Good fight. I thought you won comfortably.
JayTesla is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #14
Dark Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTesla View Post
Good fight. I thought you won comfortably.
Thank you my goal is to do way better in the rematch it will be my 1st rematch and you guys are giving me great great advice Thank you guys so much i feel ready
Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #15
JagOfTroy
Jag
ESB Jr Member

Your opponent has decent footwork and faster hands from what I saw.
Some good shots to the body will stop him and since he typically squares off with you,
you can light him up at close range and he won't be able to move out of the way.
JagOfTroy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing