Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Truth about high intensity training

All you need is 3 busts of 20 seconds 3 times a week on the bike to improve, actually that is quite a lot for your metabolism and muscle. This program will reduce the fat in your blood stream by 1/3. What I do know from personal experience is that short burst of high intensity mixed with recovery periods of lower intensity seems to build up your cardiac performance better than mid-intensity endurance training.

Yes some athletes are super responders. please refer to "IS Three Minutes of Exercise Enough? - Horizon:BBC".
closedguard is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Truth about high intensity training

So some researchers took a bunch of overweight guys (this was based on BMI numbers which as we all know is utter bullshit) that hadn't trained for 2 years, got them to train intensely a few times a week and they showed a small improvement in their fitness...

This isn't really anything shocking or new.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
So some researchers took a bunch of overweight guys (
Quote:
this was based on BMI numbers which as we all know is utter bullshit)
that hadn't trained for 2 years, got them to train intensely a few times a week and they showed a small improvement in their fitness...

This isn't really anything shocking or new.
I won't even respond to your response the only thing I ask is for you to watch the entire documentary something which impossible for you since it requires a lengthy attention span.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by closedguard View Post
I won't even respond to your response the only thing I ask is for you to watch the entire documentary something which impossible for you since it requires a lengthy attention span.
Feel free to explain where I'm wrong.

Regardless, who cares? This isn't a fitness forum for overweight men, it's a boxing forum where the vast majority of training is high intensity anyway. Why are you even posting this?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
ant-man
ant
ESB Addict

Quote:
All you need is 3 busts of 20 seconds 3 times a week on the bike to improve, actually that is quite a lot for your metabolism and muscle. This program will reduce the fat in your blood stream by 1/3. What I do know from personal experience is that short burst of high intensity mixed with recovery periods of lower intensity seems to build up your cardiac performance better than mid-intensity endurance training.

Yes some athletes are super responders. please refer to "IS Three Minutes of Exercise Enough? - Horizon:BBC".
Get the f*ck out of here and come back when you've something serious to contribute.

Oh, and no offence.
ant-man is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Feel free to explain where I'm wrong.

Regardless, who cares? This isn't a fitness forum for overweight men, it's a boxing forum where the vast majority of training is high intensity anyway. Why are you even posting this?
Who said this is for fat men, my point to young boxers don't over train. Had you studied the research from their studies you'd know that a young boxer doesn't need 2 hours of running our cycling a day.Vo2 Max in its own entirety is near impossible to improve however, you can improve your bodies ability to tolerate and recover from Lactic Acid thus improving your Lactic Acid Threshold and by doing so you increase your body's ability to take in oxygen and use it effectively (Vo2 Max) therefore improving your aerobic and lactate energy systems together.

As for the boxing trainer quaking in their track pants, HIT has been promoted in boxing gyms for a long time now. Cross Fit gyms do nothing but HIT training. HIT applies to aerobic exercise but also to resistance trainer with weights.

Last edited by closedguard; 05-29-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Reading comprehension really isn't your strong point.

Quote:
Who said this is for fat men, my point to young boxers don't over train.
The study showed overweight men gained a slight increase in fitness using a pathetically easy training protocol. This type of training (very short training times) is in no way compatible with boxing or the vast majority of athletic events. Hence the reason I asked why you posted it.

Quote:
Had you studied the research from their studies you'd know that a young boxer doesn't need 2 hours of running our cycling a day.
Who said they do? We've known this for a very long time.

Quote:
Vo2 Max in its own entirety is near impossible to improve however, you can improve your bodies ability to tolerate and recover from Lactic Acid thus improving your Lactic Acid Threshold and by doing so you increase your body's ability to take in oxygen and use it effectively (Vo2 Max) therefore improving your aerobic and lactate energy systems together.

Quote:
As for the boxing trainer quaking in their track pants, HIT has been promoted in boxing gyms for a long time now.
Again, we all know this.

Quote:
Cross Fit gyms do nothing but HIT training.

And...?

Quote:
HIT applies to aerobic exercise but also to resistance trainer with weights.
And...?

It seems you're doing a bit of research and for some reason feel the need to post every little thing you learn?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Virus watch the video your looking stupid, HIT has everything to do with boxing. Virus take the test 3 sets of 20 bursts 3x a week for 20 weeks forget skipping and at the end tell us if Your VO2 max has improved to the point that your body can process more oxygen to produce energy. If not than why skip rope, why not do very little exercise and save the cardio for the bags? This my point don't have young boxers over exercising with burpees etc!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #9
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I hope you're trolling, if not you're extremely dense.

Quote:
Virus watch the video your looking stupid, HIT has everything to do with boxing.
Where did I say it didn't?

Quote:
Virus take the test 3 sets of 20 bursts 3x a week for 20 weeks forget skipping and at the end tell us if Your VO2 max has improved to the point that your body can process more oxygen to produce energy. If not than why skip rope, why not do very little exercise and save the cardio for the bags? This my point don't have young boxers over exercising with burpees etc!
Firstly, I already do HIIT training, have done for years. It's nothing new.

Second, you're taking a study done on overweight men with the goal to improve their fitness. Why in the **** would an athlete want to use this protocol? No athlete would get anywhere doing this training.

And if you think burpees equates to over training I would hate to see your pathetic training.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I hope you're trolling, if not you're extremely dense.

Where did I say it didn't?

question stands why apart from hiit and hitting bag why exercise?

Firstly, I already do HIIT training, have done for years. It's nothing new.

Second, you're taking a study done on overweight men with the goal to improve their fitness. Why in the **** would an athlete want to use this protocol? No athlete would get anywhere doing this training.

And if you think burpees equates to over training I would hate to see your pathetic training.
why exercise if your improvements are limited?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #11
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
why exercise if your improvements are limited?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Reading comprehension really isn't your strong point.

The study showed overweight men gained a slight increase in fitness using a pathetically easy training protocol. This type of training (very short training times) is in no way compatible with boxing or the vast majority of athletic events. Hence the reason I asked why you posted it.

Who said they do? We've known this for a very long time.

Again, we all know this.

And...?

And...?

It seems you're doing a bit of research and for some reason feel the need to post every little thing you learn?
hey beekoff since I don't know if your smoking or poking let me ask you a question. Do you think that with enough exercise and training that you could beat Mike Tyson?
Old 05-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #13
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
hey beekoff since I don't know if your smoking or poking let me ask you a question. Do you think that with enough exercise and training that you could beat Mike Tyson?
Have you ever been to the National Sea Life Centre?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #14
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:

^ Why is this person allowed to post things?
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #15
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Have you ever been to the National Sea Life Centre?
pieball if you know so much than go and fight Mike Tyson!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing