Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 AM   #31
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ali v tyson

It does in this case. Ali wins. End of chat.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2007, 01:37 AM   #32
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by josak
As for the ear bite -- who knows why that happened? I don't believe he was trying to 'get out of the fight', as he was actually winning that round. It probably had to do with the headbutting and the fact that Tyson was a pretty unstable guy.

He deliberately got himself disqualified, nothing could be more obvious, that's why the ear bit happened twice.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #33
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=rekcutnevets]Ali is my favorite fighter ever, but damn. I here Ali's name so much, that it is becoming cliche to pick him against anyone./quote]

Join the club. The Ali worship is a bit embarrassing. Still, having Tyson as a hero is embarrassing in itself.

Despite this, Ali's still the logical pick to beat Tyson.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #34
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
It does in this case. Ali wins. End of chat.

...are you a schoolteacher, by any chance?
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 AM   #35
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Ali would win viá late TKO IMO, but he can´t "play" with Tyson or let his hands so low like against other fighters to disrespect them, because if Tyson lands something on him, he would/ could finish even the iron-chinned Ali. But a motivated and in-shape Ali would outpoint him and later TKO Mike...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 06:18 AM   #36
fatballer_10

I think if it was to go down Tyson would win in 5 or 6 or if it went longer, Ali would win in 10 - 12. Tyson had massive power especially early in fights, but Ali had amazing stamina and heart and he was so quick and elusive.

9 times out of 10 Ali wins.
fatballer_10 is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #37
groove
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
When have you ever seen Muhammad ali come forward and press the attack effectively against a world class opponent? He was incredibly awkward when forced to attack
Well watch peak Ali v Williams and Terrell. That Ali would give Tyson a boxing lesson.
groove is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #38
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Legend
the one thats sees Clay carry his hands at his waist and almost get KO'd by cooper. His hands were so low, he could get away with it against bums like terrel, but not against a world class fighter like mike tyson.
Tyson had his hands absolutely full vs a decrepid "Quick" Tillis, get my drift?

Quote:
Ali never met a truly great finisher either, if he gets stunned against tyson, i reckon he'd be finished.
Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Shavers, Holmes, surely a good finisher somewhere in that lot lmao. Whatever you are on, i'll have a pound of it.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #39
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Legend
Shot joe frazier had ali in serious trouble in the thrilla, put a prime tyson in place of shot joe frazier in that fight and you'd get a KO/TKO in under 10 rounds.
Maybe, tho Ali might stop Tyson a bit later than that. But you're right, Tyson wouldn't have the patience and calm to last as long as Frazier did. Good post

Old 07-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #40
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
He deliberately got himself disqualified, nothing could be more obvious, that's why the ear bit happened twice.
Total agreement here, and Holyfield said as much. Instead of being relieved to get out of a tough fight he stated Tyson took the cowards way out. Holyfield knew all along Tyson's ass was a gonna be grass. Wayyyy too much mental strength had Holyfield, beat him with your ability (not your fear factor or intimidation) or don't beat the man at all. Of course Mike didn't beat him at all, and never would as long as his ass pointed to the ground.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #41
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Total agreement here, and Holyfield said as much. Instead of being relieved to get out of a tough fight he stated Tyson took the cowards way out. Holyfield knew all along Tyson's ass was a gonna be grass. Wayyyy too much mental strength had Holyfield, beat him with your ability (not your fear factor or intimidation) or don't beat the man at all. Of course Mike didn't beat him at all, and never would as long as his ass pointed to the ground.
Tyson sucked up Holyfield's ass at the post-fight press conference after their first fight. "I want to shake your hand man". He had respect for Holyfield with a capital R. And his indimidation was at its weakest for the rematch, especailly when they stared off in the centre of the ring. Tyson was blinking and glanced to the side for a second. You could say it was as if Tyson was looking at himself in his prime. He turned from intimidator, to the the intimidated.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #42
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
Tyson sucked up Holyfield's ass at the post-fight press conference after their first fight. "I want to shake your hand man". He had respect for Holyfield with a capital R. And his indimidation was at its weakest for the rematch, especailly when they stared off in the centre of the ring. Tyson was blinking and glanced to the side for a second. You could say it was as if Tyson was looking at himself in his prime. He turned from intimidator, to the the intimidated.
Exactly, and Tyson lapped up to Lewis in one of the most surreal still in the ring post fight interviews ever. Even later in the dressing room he was coming out with some freaky stuff. Maybe it all supports the Tyson bully syndrome. I must add however that it takes an ATG to bring forth this scenario against the best of Tyson. But yes, he goes from driving noses thru brains to looking for easy ways out or potshotting when the chips are down. At least the post peak version does.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #43
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Let's get one damn thing straight about that ear bite. Tyson did it because he hadn't eaten all day and was hungry. Feeling himself getting weaker, he needed a quick and convenient source of protein to revitalize himself. Being descended from cannibals, Iron Bite went after the most readily available and convenient nutritional snack available, a chocolate Eario.

If Frazier couldn't finish off Ali in round 11 of the FOTC, as diminished as Ali still was from his exile, it's difficult for me to imagine how Tyson would be able to do it. For three rounds, an aging and stale Larry Holmes, displaying considerable ring rust and difficulties with timing and accuracy, was able to nonetheless give Tyson a world of trouble with his greater height, reach, and cobweb shrouded jab. Given all that, how on earth would Tyson cope with similar physical disadvantages facing a prime Ali? Think Ali didn't have an uppercut? Check out the combination he used to finish off the rematch with Quarry.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe Cus D'Amato had succeeded in developing the perfect style for defeating Ali, just like Eddie Futch. Yeah, no doubt about it. Along with Frazier and Norton, nobody bothered Ali the way Floyd Patterson did. When I look at how Floyd picked Muhammad apart in their pair of meetings, I have to ask myself, "How on Earth could Ali ever learn how to cope with a superfast hook and peek-a-boo defense?" Yep, styles make fights, and Patterson proved that Tyson had the perfect size and style for beating Ali.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #44
groove
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
When I look at how Floyd picked Muhammad apart in their pair of meetings, I have to ask myself, "How on Earth could Ali ever learn how to cope with a superfast hook and peek-a-boo defense?" Yep, styles make fights, and Patterson proved that Tyson had the perfect size and style for beating Ali.
I hope you're joking?
groove is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #45
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove
I hope you're joking?
Did you say "smoking?"