Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 03-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Did the ref really lift up Hernandez from the 1st KD?

Nemesis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Did the ref really lift up Hernandez from the 1st KD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Yeah, it happened again! last year, when Amin Asikainen knocked down Sebastian Sylvester the ref lifted the hometown boy up and helped him back to his corner...

Only in Sauerland Eventīs boxingnights, baby?

How do they search refīs and judges to their events? Do thay ask things like: Are you willing to give the decision to our boxer whatever happends? If our boxer is knocked down, are you willing to lift him up?
Toney is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

didnt even start the count till he made sure he was ok either.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You are right,guys! Watching the ref in yesterday's fight I almost got the impression that he must be on Sauerland's payroll.
However,no ref could help the young Cuban in round 3 of his encounter with Braithwaite.

All in all Hernandez vs Braithwaithe was a quite entertaining and fan friendly fight.
Hernandez showed a very impressive first round almost outclassing his foe knocking him down and brutalising him as he he had been a mediocre journeyman.
Very interesting to watch the young Cuban's coach going beserk warning his boy not to take the fight seriously anymore.
In round 2 Braithwaite had his moments,but the Cuban more or less dominated it without being able to hurt his opponent once again.
Once again Hernandez's coach implored him to stick to the game plan.
Hernandez paid the price for not listening to his coach in round 3.

Perfect point in time for such a ko for the young Cuban.Hernandez is still a very young fighter who has to learn one or two things.He can box as well as bang. A very gifted young fighter who seems to be the complete package.His chin isnt the best out there,but carefully matched he will be a little king in a castle one day.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hernandez didnt seem too bothered about defeat at the end of the fight. doesnt exactly come across the most determined fighter.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufc16
Hernandez didnt seem too bothered about defeat at the end of the fight. doesnt exactly come across the most determined fighter.

By the same token he didnt seem to be that interested in his coach's opinion during the breakes.
Easy first for him making him look like a future all time great.Result: he gets ****y and thinks that Braitwaithe is no match for him anymore.The arrogant and inexperienced young greenhorn paid the price for his stupid mistakes in round 3.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am supriced that Ulli Wegnerīs boxer made a huge tactical mistake. Hernandez could had very easilly outboxed the faded Braithwaite. But Hernandez hurt him early and got too carried away with it... Tryed to take him out and gave Braithwaite a chance. Usually Wegnerīs boxers stick to gameolan... Can someone tell what Ulli told Hernandez between rounds? To box or to go for the KO?

A belive that if Marco Huck has recovered from his loss to Cunningham, that Sauerland will promote Huck vs. Braithwaite soon. Braithwaite is faided, but still a big name, expecially now when he took Hernandez out...
Toney is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufc16
I belive that is becouse he is from Cuba. Boxing is more of a sport in Cuba... I belive that Cubans donīt mind that bad to lose to a better man. Braithwaite beat Hernandez and Hernandez respected that and him. I liked that... Real sportmanship!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Real bad ref and showed why german boxing is considered to be fixed. No wonder the likes of Ottke and Beyer kept getting gift decisions. Sauerland has taken boxing to the depths of professional wrestling.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #10
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Refs are paid by the sanctioning bodies, in this the by the WBC...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #11
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Refs are paid by the sanctioning bodies, in this the by the WBC...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
They might be paid for by the WBC but who provides all the hospitality in Germany ? Sauerland Event´s of cause and this fight once again shows that fights are fixed in Germany (when possible).

This is not just a job for the WBC but a job for the German police. This is nothing short of corruption.

People need to email the German sports minister and let him know of these corrupt practices. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #12
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think it is as bad as it first seems. If you watch the ref it looks like he thought it was a slip (we can't say what he saw in that split second) so I think he was trying to force Braithwaite to stand up quickly so that he couldn't take a breather, only then does he realise that Hernandez is on wobbly legs so starts counting, he couldn't just randomly start at 8 or 9! But more importantly he waved the fight off, even after Hernandez was up on the count of 3, a corrupt ref would have probably tried to drag it out for at least another knock down or two!

Then again, I'm not sure, I watched it again - I just can't tell what the hell the ref was thinking, surely it's too blatant?! Maybe...
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #13
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

I wouldn't say the events are fixed, but against a hometown fighter (as is the case anywhere in the world), you have to overcome everything from referee to biased judges.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

BORKED
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #15
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
I wouldn't say the events are fixed, but against a hometown fighter (as is the case anywhere in the world), you have to overcome everything from referee to biased judges.
Yeah! Fixed is too strong a word. Life is not fair. Fighthing a German or German based fighter in his or better in their German promoters' backyard and winning there is no easy task.
Germany isnt the most friendly place for foreign fighters,and neither are most other important fight markets out there.
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum