Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #91
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if Tyson had kept his corner complete for his entire career?

why the big deal about Cus? Cus died before Tyson had any kind of meaningful fight. Tyson continued to improve dramatically for another 4yrs. OK, he was heavyweight champ of the world but he was still a kid developing emotionally. Cus woulda had to chain him to a radiator to stop him going out whoring and touring at 21/22yr old with a sackful of money and all the accesses to depravity that comes with his fame. Sure, he may have made a bit of a difference when it came to training camp for fights, but Tyson still woulda been living to excess between them albiet maybe on a lesser scale, and that shit takes it outta a fighter.

And he doesnt hold the title for 45yrs, 8564 defences, and KO everyone who comes after him either. Tysons style of fighting makes for a short enough career at the top relatively speaking. I still see Douglas beating him (though Tyson takes the return) and i still see Holy beating him too, only sooner in time.
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #92
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
why the big deal about Cus? Cus died before Tyson had any kind of meaningful fight. Tyson continued to improve dramatically for another 4yrs. OK, he was heavyweight champ of the world but he was still a kid developing emotionally. Cus woulda had to chain him to a radiator to stop him going out whoring and touring at 21/22yr old with a sackful of money and all the accesses to depravity that comes with his fame. Sure, he may have made a bit of a difference when it came to training camp for fights, but Tyson still woulda been living to excess between them albiet maybe on a lesser scale, and that shit takes it outta a fighter.

And he doesnt hold the title for 45yrs, 8564 defences, and KO everyone who comes after him either. Tysons style of fighting makes for a short enough career at the top relatively speaking. I still see Douglas beating him (though Tyson takes the return) and i still see Holy beating him too, only sooner in time.
This is just the truth. The stability and consistency keeps him together for MAYBE another 2 years, before Don King, his fame and fortune, and his own broken, damaged psyche get him into trouble. I frankly do not believe history changes that much.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #93
bonzo7580
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

he would have gone unbeaten until about 96 where holyfield or lewis beat him in a rematch .
bonzo7580 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #94
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
And I'm sure a better trained Douglas does an even better job still.

Fact is, in his prime, he got battered by Douglas. It wasn't even close Douglas kicked the shit out of him.

Sure Tyson will have a punchers chance against anyone but against Douglas that's all he has.
But 99 times out of 100, Douglas DOESNT turn up in the shape that he did for Tokyo
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #95
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
But 99 times out of 100, Douglas DOESNT turn up in the shape that he did for Tokyo
Tyson got his shit pushed in. Fight wasn't even that competitive. Douglas could have come in worse shape and still kicked his arse. He could have come in better shape and kicked it earlier.

Tyson has a punchers chance but not much more.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #96
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
1990: He beats Buster Douglas by Kayo

1990: He knocks out Evander Holyfield in 4-5 rounds

1991: Knocks out Razor Ruddock

1991: Knocks out Henry Tillman

1991: Outpoints Ray Mercer

1992: Knocks out Riddick Bowe

Knocks out Lennox Lewis

Outpoints George Foreman 12 rounds to Zero

1994 Knocks out Michael Mooorer
Knocks Out Tommy Morrison
Outpoints former sparring partner Oliver Mccall

1995-98 Continues to win but less and less fights.......Finally Lennox upsets Tyson who retires soon after at young age of 32.
Lennox would never EVER beat Tyson.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #97
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In fact, if Tyson still had his team in his prime. He would still be the Heavyweight Champion right now. Dead serious.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #98
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

I dont think it would have mattered

i mean he was basically like one of those child star actors/performers he had all this luxury tossed in his face all before he is really an adult i think eventually no matter who was there he was gonna crack

number 2 its hard for me to believe he goes thru the 90's beating Douglas, Holyfield, Bowe, Moorer, Big George, Lewis, McCall, Mercer, Morrison, Tua, Golota without a loss at some point

number 3 his style is great for youth but as he gets further in his 20's he will slow down and break down
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #99
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post

agree completely with the bold points
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #100
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
I dont think it would have mattered

i mean he was basically like one of those child star actors/performers he had all this luxury tossed in his face all before he is really an adult i think eventually no matter who was there he was gonna crack

number 2 its hard for me to believe he goes thru the 90's beating Douglas, Holyfield, Bowe, Moorer, Big George, Lewis, McCall, Mercer, Morrison, Tua, Golota without a loss at some point

number 3 his style is great for youth but as he gets further in his 20's he will slow down and break down
And the punishment, kid. I read those names you listed, some of whom Tyson would have had to fight...With his style, with how many punches he managed to take in fights(Too many, against fighters like Foreman, Morrison, Bowe, Lewis, Tua...Jesus), his prime would have been beaten out of him sooner than later.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #101
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Foreman and Tua would both be KOed in the first round. Bowe would last maximum 5 rounds and Lewis would be KOed in 2 rounds max.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #102
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBCboxer View Post
He would have gone undefeated and probably would have retired at the age of 40 or so after knocking out both Klit bros. My reasoning for this is because he was an athletic specimen, who could outlast the wear and tear.

This.
ThinBlack is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #103
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Tyson got his shit pushed in. Fight wasn't even that competitive. Douglas could have come in worse shape and still kicked his arse. He could have come in better shape and kicked it earlier.

The whole point is, a very motivate and well trained Douglas beat a very poorly trained Tyson.

Majority of the time neither Douglas nor Tyson would come in the shape they came in Tokyo, a weel prepared Tyson takes care of Douglas
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #104
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Pretty much waht i believe has already been covered

1st of all, Tyson, no matter who he had in his corner, would always have self destructed in his personal life. The question here is, can a good team/good promoter help Tyson secure his legacy before he implodes????

Lets just say Tyson still goes to prison in 91, with a good corner he would have not lost to Douglas (take that LUFC ) so from 90-91 he has to beat Holyfield and Foreman and maybe green versions of Bowe/Lewis, can he do it? i believe he could.

But as Tyson gets older, now way does he beat Lewis/Holyfield. They both may be older than Tyson in terms of age but style wise i think tysons style aged much quicker
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #105
CrossedLine
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I'm not sure if you're joking. He had a puncher's chance that night because thats all he was. He had no gameplan, barely any training, and no one to keep him on the straight and narrow in Japan. You don't think Cus would've stayed on top of that? He came in untrained and put Douglass down for a long count with a lucky punch. Had he been half as trained as he once was he would've beaten Douglass easily.
CrossedLine is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum