Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 850
Default firat arslan - robbery?

i fell asleep watching his fight, but the first rounds just didn't look like he would stand a chance. what happened?
chliJs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: firat arslan - robbery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chliJs
i fell asleep watching his fight, but the first rounds just didn't look like he would stand a chance. what happened?
Where you se that Brudov was robbed ? I think you dident see fight , you was dream .
Artani is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 850

look the other thread, let's not use this anymore to not give a wrong impression on arslan's (fair, if you say so) victory. like i said, i wasn't that awake.
chliJs is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chliJs
You missed a quite entertaining fight,mate!

It was a bloody close fight which could have gone either way.I wouldnt argue the toss about it,but I for my part had Brudov ahead on points.I think that the Bulgarian judge's scorecard of 116-112 in favour of Brudov reflected the performance of both fighters fairly correctly.Brudov clearly won the first couple of rounds,and he was the one who connected with the more telling punches throughout the entire fight.As usual Arslan was constantly on the attack so that Brudov didnt have time to take a single breather.However,Brudov very often outboxed and countered his game but feather fisted foe.Most of Arslan's punches didnt find their target.
IMO Brudov deserved the victory.
By the way I watched that fight on German tv.Whoever paid attention to that chatterbox who commented that fight must have got
the impression that Arslan was winning every round of his encounter with Brudov.I gave almost all of the first 5 rounds to Brudov.Had a good laugh when that German commentator called that fight a close one after about 5 rounds.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Arslan was little bit better , he always make presure on Brudov. The fight was very interesting to watch. I was also impresed from Brudov who show great fight including left hook who punch very hard Arslan so many time, but in the last two rounds Brudov was tired and i think here Arslan won match.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

I had it 6-5-1 for Brudov.

Very close fight, no robbery but imo the wrong man won!
Axe is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 04:49 AM   #7
matt_maxx
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
By the way I watched that fight on German tv.Whoever paid attention to that chatterbox who commented that fight must have got
the impression that Arslan was winning every round of his encounter with Brudov.
Not this time, Odo. The commentator was praising Brudovs skills over the whole fight. Reading between the lines what the guy was saying I knew this fight will end with a split decision in favour for Arslan. But in most of the replays in between the rounds they didn´t show Brudov scoring. Ecspecially in the first half of the fight where he won most of the rounds.
matt_maxx is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 05:08 AM   #8
rapidfire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Brudov won imo, but it was close, so no huge robbery here.
rapidfire is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx
Not this time, Odo. The commentator was praising Brudovs skills over the whole fight. Reading between the lines what the guy was saying I knew this fight will end with a split decision in favour for Arslan. But in most of the replays in between the rounds they didn´t show Brudov scoring. Ecspecially in the first half of the fight where he won most of the rounds.
He very often praised Arslan,and whoever listened to that chatterbox could get the impression that that Arslan was far ahead on points after 6 rounds.
However,this guy wasnt as worse as some of the other guys who usually comment the fight cards of that particular German tv channel.
To be honest I am not really fond of those cold German tv commentators who could also analyse with the same passion or the lack of it the production of a tin box or a car.Eurosport's German box commentator Kastor(or Castor? Or Khastor? No idea how to write his name!) is a pleasant exception.He doesnt hesitate to call a spade a spade.Haha! Anyone remembers his comments on women's boxing?
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum