Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #31
alpo1
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 75
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

To be fair the knockdown was awkward. His foot got tangled in the rope after he was backing off after the first punch, then he stumbled forward and got hit with 3 clean shots.

He showed heart keeping limond at bay after the knockdown. Duke Mckenzie did his usual 'he's gone' routine
alpo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #32
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
While your right about Audley and Khan you overuse the chin logic when It comes to fighters like Lewis.

Judah didn't have the best chin and he was a two weight champ.
You can't compare a World Class level "shaky" chin of Judah, to a sickening "china chin" level of Amir Khan.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #33
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
I did allow myself a chuckle at Khan's mother praying after he went down. he had a lucky escape there.
I'm all for seeing an over hyped ****y brat being taught a valuable lesson or two in the ring but coments like that are a little harsh

I'm allways uncomfortable when a fighters mum/wife or kid is at ringside. What the **** are they thinking?
Watching Gattis wife have an hystrerical panic attack when her husband nearly got beaten to death by Gomez last night is a case in point. Its no place for some family members and uptill now The Kahn family have treated his fights as a picnic treat.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #34
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpo1
To be fair the knockdown was awkward. His foot got tangled in the rope after he was backing off after the first punch, then he stumbled forward and got hit with 3 clean shots.

He showed heart keeping limond at bay after the knockdown. Duke Mckenzie did his usual 'he's gone' routine
Duke also gave the memerable "both these guys are good at giving HEAD................and body shots"!!!
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #35
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
What happened was not china chinned. Yes he didn't look like he had a great chin but it was still 5 huge shots. Someone with a china chin gets put out for 10. What you also found out is he has survival skills, heart and the mental fortitude to turn things around in one round.
Sorry, but what happened was an example of a china chin, Limond is by no means a potent puncher and he nearly had Khan removed from the spectrum for good. If it was Romanov then I wouldn't be here saying the same things, because Romanov is actually a decent hitter, Limond is however feather fisted...

This is like if Fraudley Harrison got nearly KTFO by Taurus Sykes, that'd be even worse than the average punching journeyman in Sprott laying him out cold.

Quote:
Amsterdam and Zakman are a disgrace to the sport.
I disagree that two objective, long time fans, whom give major credit to real fighters and both support actions that would strengthen the sport are a disgrace to the sport.

I'd argue that RIDICULOUS hype jobs, which are novelty sells to the average idiot are a disgrace to true fighters, therefore a disgrace to the overall sport.

Quote:
Both of you would be put clean out by the shots landed on guys like Harrison and Khan. Khan wasn't born with a legendary chin. In this case it is all about heart making up for it and he sure as hell showed that.
Fair, he showed heart. But he doesn't even have the chin to take hard hitting domestic blows, much less World Class blows, after all of this build up and hype, he's going to accomplish nothing and his legacy will be remembered as the kid who won the silver medal at 17 and whom turned out to be a joke and a professional hype job.

... And I'm sorry, but Limond absolutley could not lay me out flat with some combinations landed, Sprott would obviously because I'm 12 st.

They're professional boxers, as a fan, I'm going to rate them as athletes, not next to normal guys... get a grip.

Quote:
Amster you should be saying 'I'm a ****, Khan proves his heart'.
Amsterdam is saying it like it is. You're just mad that you're little china chinned joke was exposed in full, won't accomplish shit and it therefore makes British boxing look bad as a result. No need to get testy Achilles, if the boxing fanbase GLOBALLY would wisen up, we'd have LESS hype jobs and that's BETTER for the sport.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #36
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris
I'm all for seeing an over hyped ****y brat being taught a valuable lesson or two in the ring but coments like that are a little harsh

I'm allways uncomfortable when a fighters mum/wife or kid is at ringside. What the **** are they thinking?
Watching Gattis wife have an hystrerical panic attack when her husband nearly got beaten to death by Gomez last night is a case in point. Its no place for some family members and uptill now The Kahn family have treated his fights as a picnic treat.
Watching Gatti get beaten up by Gomez was heart wrenching for me, I could barely get through it and I was screaming at the TV for the ref to stop it about round 5-6, especially knowing the guys history and how dangerous it is for him to be in the ring.

But for some little pampered twat to get KD'd finally?

I don't want physical harm on the kid, but that's a NORMAL thing in a tough fight, the Khan family are just going to have to realise that the sport is called "boxing", not "Amir Khan's domain where he can execute bums for the rest of his career".

...Then they're going to have to realise that his time is limited as a spotlight fighter. Oh no...

Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 PM   #37
alpo1
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 75
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris
I'm all for seeing an over hyped ****y brat being taught a valuable lesson or two in the ring but coments like that are a little harsh

I'm allways uncomfortable when a fighters mum/wife or kid is at ringside. What the **** are they thinking?
Watching Gattis wife have an hystrerical panic attack when her husband nearly got beaten to death by Gomez last night is a case in point. Its no place for some family members and uptill now The Kahn family have treated his fights as a picnic treat.
I agree. I'm a ****stani boy myself and know how emotional our mums can get.
alpo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #38
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog
Of course Amsterdam is a fan of boxing, just cause he wants Khan to get smoked dont mean otherwise. I'l just the same as Amsterdam, I've said from the very start that Khan is over-hyped, and I'm just waiting my time till the big K.O. Yeah, cool
Never liked Khan attitude, he was humbled big time, I bet you ****** shat a brick last night, you could see him panicing like feck at the side of the ring, pure quality
Top Dog I agree Khan was exposed big time yesterday. Can you imagine what would have happened had he been in with a bigger puncher than Limond. At the time most fighters like Anderson, Nuumbembee, Action Jackson Asiku and Ajose Olusegun win Commonwealth titles the L-plates are off but Khan looks like an accident waiting to happen.

I have also noticed they have put him in with lots of smaller men/junior Lightweights and clearly don't want him in with Junior Welterweights. When you look at Khan it is clear that he should be fighting at Junior Welterweight however imagine what David Barnes, Barry Morrison,Colin Lynes, Gary Reid, Young Muttley, Ted Bami and co would do to him.

In fact I am not convinced he can take John Thaxton at Lightweight. Alex Arthur would definitely defeat him.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #39
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Top Dog I agree Khan was exposed big time yesterday. Can you imagine what would have happened had he been in with a bigger puncher than Limond. At the time most fighters like Anderson, Nuumbembee, Action Jackson Asiku and Ajose Olusegun win Commonwealth titles the L-plates are off but Khan looks like an accident waiting to happen.

I have also noticed they have put him in with lots of smaller men/junior Lightweights and clearly don't want him in with Junior Welterweights. When you look at Khan it is clear that he should be fighting at Junior Welterweight however imagine what David Barnes, Barry Morrison,Colin Lynes, Gary Reid, Young Muttley, Ted Bami and co would do to him.

In fact I am not convinced he can take John Thaxton at Lightweight. Alex Arthur would definitely defeat him.
Yes, they'd all smoke his ass. If Limond almost did it, I see no reason why the rest can't do it and the bigger ones would definitley do it.

Point in case, after all of this insane hype, he isn't shit. Nice try exploiters.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #40
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
You can't compare a World Class level "shaky" chin of Judah, to a sickening "china chin" level of Amir Khan.
My point was that fighters with bad chins have gone on to world level still.

Khan would have to prove he can though.

Zakman said once that Williams was probably going to lose to Gammer just because he lost to china chinned Audley. Zak's logic Is weird sometimes.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #41
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam


Well, now you DO!

Dropped and stunned by a light hitting domestic fighter, whom is a division up from his natural division. How's this kid going to take the shots of real World Class fighters?

For everyone who doubts the Zakman-Amsterdam scientific process of checking chins... here's to you!

"But... But... There's no evidence that he has a china chin.... you're just making outlandish claims as a hater"



All of this hype for what? A china chinned joke with some flashy speed.. wow. The only reason that I am not celebrating in full is that he wasn't finished off by Limond, but if Limond hit even a slight lick harder, it would have been OVER for this joker train.

It's likely that the better domestics remove him before he even breaks out into true World Rankings, what a ****ing joke.

By the way, let's give Willie some credit, he trained hard to the best of his abilities and officially exposed this fraud, GOOD ON YOU WILLIE!
so you diss khan as a fraud,but praise willie for getting stopped by a fraud.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #42
ferd cloupes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
so you diss khan as a fraud,but praise willie for getting stopped by a fraud.

that's pretty much what i'm getting from all of this congratulatory dick sucking..
"well done wulliie, you were beaten by a china chinned fraud. you did us proud"
ferd cloupes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #43
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Sorry, but what happened was an example of a china chin, Limond is by no means a potent puncher and he nearly had Khan removed from the spectrum for good. If it was Romanov then I wouldn't be here saying the same things, because Romanov is actually a decent hitter, Limond is however feather fisted...
Limond has got some pop, plus he landed 5 major shots. Light punchers have put down greats like Robinson and Leonard. Your estimation of a china chin is grossly inaccurate. Plus, why do people hate on chin? It is something you are born with. It is true you can tweak it but Khan is working on those things every day i.e. defence, conditioning, mental fortitude etc

Quote:
I disagree that two objective, long time fans, whom give major credit to real fighters and both support actions that would strengthen the sport are a disgrace to the sport.
Objective? Are you having a bubble? No fan who chooses to take a shot in the dark on a fighters chin is of any use to the sport. You guys hate on things you don't know about. You take guesses rather than let a man prove it in the ring. Truth is you should be punching yourself for being so rude to a pugilist who showed such heart. You don't respect combat when you come up with the manure that you do.

Quote:
I'd argue that RIDICULOUS hype jobs, which are novelty sells to the average idiot are a disgrace to true fighters, therefore a disgrace to the overall sport.
Well it would be stupid to argue that. Especially when the person in question is a silver medalist, broke through at 17 and beat the best P4P amateur in the world. Not much more you can do to set yourself a foundation in the pros.

Quote:
Fair, he showed heart. But he doesn't even have the chin to take hard hitting domestic blows, much less World Class blows, after all of this build up and hype, he's going to accomplish nothing and his legacy will be remembered as the kid who won the silver medal at 17 and whom turned out to be a joke and a professional hype job.
You say this but fact remains he is the commonwealth champion and at the very least he could establish an impressive domestic record. I think that is something to be proud about. You wouldn't because it appears you think everyone should be a legend.

Khan is still growing. Defence and conditioning is improving. Don't be suprised if a move up in weight helps him.

Most said Ali couldn't take Listons blows, especially after Banks and Cooper dropped him and Jones stunned him.

Quote:
... And I'm sorry, but Limond absolutley could not lay me out flat with some combinations landed, Sprott would obviously because I'm 12 st.
...and this is why you will remain delusional. If Limond landed those 5 punches on your head, I'd bet my house you'd be out.

Quote:
They're professional boxers, as a fan, I'm going to rate them as athletes, not next to normal guys... get a grip.
Exactly, they are combatants but you don't respect this. If you keep it in context of the sport then you will realise Khan hasn't got a china chin. Plus you wouldn't take a shot in the dark before even seeing his chin tested.

Quote:
Amsterdam is saying it like it is. You're just mad that you're little china chinned joke was exposed in full, won't accomplish shit and it therefore makes British boxing look bad as a result. No need to get testy Achilles, if the boxing fanbase GLOBALLY would wisen up, we'd have LESS hype jobs and that's BETTER for the sport.
How can you be telling it like it is when you simply GUESSED his chin would be bad. You think he got exposed in full when he got up and knocked Limond out. How can he not accomplish shit and is bad for British boxing when he always gives us a good fight and is now the Commonwealth champ? Surely you can see you don't know what you are on about?

Hype jobs are guys like Matt Vanda who are 30-0 and don't have talent or skill. Khan is a sensational amateur taking a shot in the pros. By claiming the Commonwealth title he has already proved he isn't a hype job. Yes, he and everyone else talk about world titles and all that but he is in the game to be the best. It would be bad for boxing if he didn't set his eyes on the prize.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #44
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Limond has got some pop
Don't be ridiculous.

Quote:
plus he landed 5 major shots
If you consider 5 powder puff shots from a powder puff domestic hitter to be "major", why am I even debating you on this?

But anyway, let's continue:




Quote:
. Light punchers have put down greats like Robinson and Leonard. Your estimation of a china chin is grossly inaccurate. Plus, why do people hate on chin? It is something you are born with. It is true you can tweak it but Khan is working on those things every day i.e. defence, conditioning, mental fortitude etc
I don't hate on guys for having a bad chin alone, some of my all time favourites didn't have the best chin. I hate on HYPE JOBS who are poison for the sport due to fraudulent exploitation. The chin is Khan's biggest problem as a fraudulent hype job, therefore it's the factor that I harp on the most, but if you will notice with your rosey coloured glasses, I harp on plenty of factors surrounding this joke.

Leonard and Robinson had great chins, they were never nearly taken out by some feather fisted journeyman, there is no need to dig deep to THAT level mate, christ.

Quote:
Objective? Are you having a bubble? No fan who chooses to take a shot in the dark on a fighters chin is of any use to the sport. You guys hate on things you don't know about. You take guesses rather than let a man prove it in the ring. Truth is you should be punching yourself for being so rude to a pugilist who showed such heart. You don't respect combat when you come up with the manure that you do.
It's not just a guess, it's actually a very well thought process of elimination and since Zakman and I have yet to fail in spotting a bad chin(which in effect lead to all the fighters we called it on NOT HAVING THE SUCCESS that they were projected), what does that say for "the guess".

Furthermore, you are still denying that his chin is made out of grade A china, yet you are here calling me delusional. You wouldn't give two shits about this kid if he were not a British fighter also and shoved down your throat constantly, you'd be brushing him off like any other for being dropped and nearly removed by a feather fisted journeyman.

Quote:
Well it would be stupid to argue that. Especially when the person in question is a silver medalist, broke through at 17 and beat the best P4P amateur in the world. Not much more you can do to set yourself a foundation in the pros.
The olympics aren't what it was in the glory days, these days it's a "hit or miss" with olympic champs, Khan's definitley a "miss".

But the fact that he was a kid is a great "novelty sell" to the average ****ing moron who eats up hollywood-esque success stories due to their own lives being piss.

It's never fooled me however. How you are impressed by this little cunt to the point of defending him to this degree is beyond me.

Quote:
You say this but fact remains he is the commonwealth champion and at the very least he could establish an impressive domestic record. I think that is something to be proud about. You wouldn't because it appears you think everyone should be a legend.
No, I don't. You're spinning facts in thinking that I only respect top P4P fighters, when I give praise to tough warriors and tough low level fighters who come in to do their job.

I despise hype jobs, I honour any valiant fighter of any level.

Quote:
Khan is still growing. Defence and conditioning is improving. Don't be suprised if a move up in weight helps him.
I hope he moves up, bigger hitters, more of a chance of him getting brutally starched like Fraudley and this joke trip gets sealed finished finally.

Quote:
Most said Ali couldn't take Listons blows, especially after Banks and Cooper dropped him and Jones stunned him.
Difference is that Cooper could actually hit pretty decent, not great, but pretty decent, he was by no means feather fisted and Ali took a perfect shot and got up well.

Ali proved time and time again that this was a fluke occurance. However, Khan won't do so, because all of the evidence stacks up to the Limond KD and most people agree...

Wake up.


Quote:
...and this is why you will remain delusional. If Limond landed those 5 punches on your head, I'd bet my house you'd be out.
Wrong Achilles, a small feather fisted 135 pounder landing 5 shots is not going to take me out, I know my own chin and I've taken harder blows than Limond could ever produce, which includes kicks to the head in Muay Thai training.

Not every professional fighter automatically can KO a non-professional fighter with a simple combination, Limond is a very small man and I am a rather large 12 st. man. Again, why is there a need to compare a professional athlete to a civilian, when as a fan of boxing, I am going to GRADE them at their craft, just like I'd GRADE a musician, actor or any other type of entertainment figure...

Even though they are OBVIOUSLY far more skilled at their craft then the average person.



Quote:
Exactly, they are combatants but you don't respect this. If you keep it in context of the sport then you will realise Khan hasn't got a china chin. Plus you wouldn't take a shot in the dark before even seeing his chin tested.
I can formulate a well thought out hypothesis and snuff out a bad chin every damn time, it's far more than a shot in the dark, considering that everytime I project it, it comes true.

Khan has a china chin, you're making a fool out of yourself for saying otherwise.

But don't worry, I know why you are, and I don't disrespect you at all for it, but you are looking silly for arguing that Khan hasn't got a china chin.

I guess he'll have to get starched officially by some mediocre puncher for you to submit that Khan can't take a shot.


Quote:
How can you be telling it like it is when you simply GUESSED his chin would be bad. You think he got exposed in full when he got up and knocked Limond out. How can he not accomplish shit and is bad for British boxing when he always gives us a good fight and is now the Commonwealth champ? Surely you can see you don't know what you are on about?
I know exactly what I am on about, you're just going off on any direction you can because you know deep down that I am 100% correct.

You don't like my material on this subject, fair, and you are putting up a well thought out defence, despite it being impossible to defend, so I suppose credit for that.

Quote:
Hype jobs are guys like Matt Vanda who are 30-0 and don't have talent or skill. Khan is a sensational amateur taking a shot in the pros. By claiming the Commonwealth title he has already proved he isn't a hype job. Yes, he and everyone else talk about world titles and all that but he is in the game to be the best. It would be bad for boxing if he didn't set his eyes on the prize.
Vanda was never projected to be the saviour of anything and a garaunteed ATG level phenom.

The Commonwealth title means absolute shit to what Khan's hype train suggests that he will accomplish, because all in all, the common wealth title holds about as much value as the European title, which mostly journeymen/fringe contenders at the World scene contend for.

It's sad that you're convinced, because normally you're on target.

Please open your eyes.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #45
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,140
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "You have no evidence that Khan has a china chin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Top Dog I agree Khan was exposed big time yesterday. Can you imagine what would have happened had he been in with a bigger puncher than Limond. At the time most fighters like Anderson, Nuumbembee, Action Jackson Asiku and Ajose Olusegun win Commonwealth titles the L-plates are off but Khan looks like an accident waiting to happen.

I have also noticed they have put him in with lots of smaller men/junior Lightweights and clearly don't want him in with Junior Welterweights. When you look at Khan it is clear that he should be fighting at Junior Welterweight however imagine what David Barnes, Barry Morrison,Colin Lynes, Gary Reid, Young Muttley, Ted Bami and co would do to him.

In fact I am not convinced he can take John Thaxton at Lightweight. Alex Arthur would definitely defeat him.
Olu, totally agree with you, a lot of the british guys would hammer Khan, he's a total hype job. I have it in my head now, Khan takes on someone like Thaxton and gets smoked, he blames it on weight problems so he moves up a weight, he then runs into Ajose and gets smoked in a couple of rounds Man, I would piss myself laughing When is Ajose back on??
Top Dog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013