Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 04-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Very interesting young heavy turns pro

The young Romanian heavy weight talent Bodgan Dinu will give his pro debut against durable and tough Canadien cookie Stephan Tessier( went the full route of 4 rounds with Povetkin and Maskaev,and 6 rounds with Joe Mesi) on the undercard of Adrian Diaconu(24-0) vs Chris Henry(21-0) in Romania's capital Bucharesti on april the 19th.
Dinu won gold at the 3rd cadet championship in Bucharest a couple of years ago.Sorrowly,his name was also involved in a less shining moment of time.
Three Romanian boxers were given lifetime bans after they were caught shoplifting in a Chicago department store during the World Amateur Championships.
Marius Bogdan Dinu, 21, Ronald Gavril, 21, and Iulian Stan, 20, were caught and sent home, the Amateur International Boxing Association said.
Binu once shared the same ring with rising Russian heavy weight hope Denis Boytsov.Binu as all other opponent in the world championship tournament(juniours) in South Corea could not manage to go the full route with Boystov then.
Nevertheless,Binu can punch,and his style is probably better suited for the pros than for the amateurs.Properly trained and promoted he can go quite far in my opinion.Of course he needs the right attitude towards his chosen profesion and good matchmaking as well as the drive and determination to climb up the hill.

American light heavy Carl Handy and Italian vet Silvion Branco will also appear on the fight card.

Ionat Dan Ion(20-0) will face the toughest challenge of his entire pro career by squaring off against experienced Argie vet Balbi(55-
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Very interesting young heavy turns pro

Robert Helenius stopped this guy in round one in the European Championships 2006.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
SavonSolis
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

from what ive heard, Dinu has a big punch but not a great deal of skill
SavonSolis is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
Robert Helenius stopped this guy in round one in the European Championships 2006.
Thanks for the info! I didnt know that he had lost to Helenius.
Well,the young Romanian is certainly no second Denis Boytsov,but he was quite successful at the amateurs.He won gold at the european cadets tournament and silver at the european juniours tournament.
He is still a very young lad for a boxer who wants to compete at the big boys' league.
His pro debut will tell us a lot about his future in the paid ranks as his opponent is a relatively durable journeyman.

Anyone knows anything about the Brit Tyson Fury?
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Thanks for the info! I didnt know that he had lost to Helenius.
Well,the young Romanian is certainly no second Denis Boytsov,but he was quite successful at the amateurs.He won gold at the european cadets tournament and silver at the european juniours tournament.
He is still a very young lad for a boxer who wants to compete at the big boys' league.
His pro debut will tell us a lot about his future in the paid ranks as his opponent is a relatively durable journeyman.

Anyone knows anything about the Brit Tyson Fury?
He's a talented guy. Very tall and strong, although still very young. He called out David Price quite aggressivly, and Price obliged but beat him pretty easily. Fury tried to box for Ireland when he couldn't get the English spot, but didn't get to box in the Irish nationals because he simply had no connection to Ireland! He's also apparently beat Michael Hunter (USA) some time ago.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Mick4

vCash: 910

Quote:
Fury tried to box for Ireland when he couldn't get the English spot, but didn't get to box in the Irish nationals because he simply had no connection to Ireland
He does, his family are Irish travellers. I think they didn't have evidence of where his parents were born though. Billy Joe Saunders, John Joe Nevin and John Joe Joyce (all qualified for the Olympics) are travellers as well. Frankie Gavin's parents are Irish as well. With a total of 13 boxers qualified between England (don't think anyone from Scotland or Wales qualified) and Ireland, the Olympics will be interesting for Irish and British boxing fans.
Mick4 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick4
He does, his family are Irish travellers. I think they didn't have evidence of where his parents were born though. Billy Joe Saunders, John Joe Nevin and John Joe Joyce (all qualified for the Olympics) are travellers as well. Frankie Gavin's parents are Irish as well. With a total of 13 boxers qualified between England (don't think anyone from Scotland or Wales qualified) and Ireland, the Olympics will be interesting for Irish and British boxing fans.
I know they are. But does being an Irish traveller make you elligable for Ireland though? Or were his parents born in Ireland?
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #8
Mick4

Quote:
I know they are. But does being an Irish traveller make you elligable for Ireland though? Or were his parents born in Ireland?
No Irish travellers aren't automatically eligible for Ireland. He claimed his father was born in Ireland, but couldn't document it.
Mick4 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
SavonSolis
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47
Fury tried to box for Ireland when he couldn't get the English spot, but didn't get to box in the Irish nationals because he simply had no connection to Ireland! He's also apparently beat Michael Hunter (USA) some time ago.
Fury never fought Hunter to the best of my knowledge. They both made it to the Semi Finals of the World Junior Championship in 2006. Hunter lost to Cristian Ciocan, of Romania. Fury lost to Sardor Abdullayev, of Uzbekistan. There was no third place match, so they never got a change to fight. Now thats not to say they didnt fight on a different occasion, but thats the only time I could remember them coming close to fighting
SavonSolis is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Interesting stuff,guys!

I would like to ask you another question: anything heard if Fury wants to turn pro?

Come to think about it I have one question more: is a traveller a kind of gypsy? Fury doesnt look like a gypsy.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Adrian Diaconu against Chris Henry can be watched live exclusively on DonKingTV.com for free beginning at 1:30 p.m. ET/10:30 a.m. PT (GMT 5:30 p.m.) from the Sala Polivalenta in Romania's capital Bucharesti. Three additional bouts will be broadcast live from Romania. Undefeated Ion Ionut Dan (20-0, 11 KOs), from Romania will square off against Argie vet Raul Balbi (55-8-1, 38 KOs) , undefeated Romanian prospect Viorel Simion (7-0, 3 KOs) tangles with Spanish battler Rudy Encarnacion (18-11-2, 8 KOs),and 2003 world junior champion Bogdan Dinu, from Romania, will make his professional debut against Stephane Tessier, from Canada.

Dinu's pro debut live on DonKingTV.Life is getting weirder and weirder.Anyway!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #12
Mick4

Quote:
Interesting stuff,guys!

I would like to ask you another question: anything heard if Fury wants to turn pro?

Come to think about it I have one question more: is a traveller a kind of gypsy? Fury doesnt look like a gypsy.
Fury is an Irish traveller, ethnically they're Irish. Some people call them gypsies, but they're not actually Roma gypsies. Not all travellers in the UK are Irish, there are also Roma gypsies, who look more like what you're thinking of.
Mick4 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #13
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick4
Fury is an Irish traveller, ethnically they're Irish. Some people call them gypsies, but they're not actually Roma gypsies. Not all travellers in the UK are Irish, there are also Roma gypsies, who look more like what you're thinking of.
Can I deduce from your post that being a traveller is a kind of modern lifestyle like being a hippie or something like that or do they form their own ethnic group and speak their own particular language?
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #14
Mick4

Quote:
Can I deduce from your post that being a traveller is a kind of modern lifestyle like being a hippie or something like that or do they form their own ethnic group and speak their own particular language?
They're not a seperate ethnic group, but they have their own culture. It's not a modern lifestyle, they've been around for centuries.
Mick4 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 AM   #15
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

I wish him lots of luck.
Farmboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum