Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: hopkins or calzaghe
hopkins 17 21.25%
calzaghe 63 78.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nottingham England!
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 1000
Default lets settle this amongst brits

it seems everytime i check the british forum more and more people are actually betting against JC and picking Bhop to cause the upset where as when the fight was announced 90% or more people on the british forum said JC would win easily, i am interested to know, at this point (2 days before the fight) just how the voting now stands and who people think will win. simple poll calzaghe or hopkins?
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
draw99
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 360
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

It always happens that you start to doubt the favourite close to a big fight. With Hatton - Mayweather, intially I thought Floyd easy win, but then the closer the fight got, the more I thought Hatton had a chance. But once it happenend you realise your first insticts were right, and you feel a bit of a muppet for thinking otherwise (easy in hindsight, I know!)

I think most people are going with a Calzaghe UD, which is what I'm going with. Too many people are judging Hopkins on what he was like a few years ago, not the fighter he is now.
draw99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Hmm, I wonder who voted for Hopkins????
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
sdavi3680
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 227
vCash: 4184
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Loads of people on this site are predicting a Hopkins win, even the dude on the main page. I just hope they are all made to eat their words.
sdavi3680 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nottingham England!
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by draw99
It always happens that you start to doubt the favourite close to a big fight. With Hatton - Mayweather, intially I thought Floyd easy win, but then the closer the fight got, the more I thought Hatton had a chance. But once it happenend you realise your first insticts were right, and you feel a bit of a muppet for thinking otherwise (easy in hindsight, I know!)

I think most people are going with a Calzaghe UD, which is what I'm going with. Too many people are judging Hopkins on what he was like a few years ago, not the fighter he is now.
hell thats true
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Hmm, I wonder who voted for Hopkins????

Often wish posters set up public rather than anonymous polls....

Anyway, Robs official poll on the brit forum currently stands at approx. 77% in Calzaghes favour!
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nottingham England!
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Often wish posters set up public rather than anonymous polls....

Anyway, Robs official poll on the brit forum currently stands at approx. 77% in Calzaghes favour!

oh well thats not too bad then
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
mofo2
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

I think Joe will win the fight UD...easily outpointing Hopkins...if he has any chance of winning the fight he has to finish it early on, because the longer the fight goes on, the more Joe will take control.
mofo2 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Also, Hopkins is a master spoiler, so it can't be discounted that he could pull off an upset.
Joe is a master of ad******g his tactics to suit a particular style, so in that respect Hopkins could possibly find himself outspoiled. Anybody dare remember the David Starie fight?
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #10
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: philadelphia museum of art
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

does that answer your question?
rendog67 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #11
dan-b
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Hmm, I wonder who voted for Hopkins????
I haven't voted yet if thats what you are implying. I thought we already had a prediction thread going.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #12
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
I haven't voted yet if thats what you are implying. I thought we already had a prediction thread going.
I was indeed implying. I have not voted yet myself, as I don't think things are as clear cut as I would like.
There may well be another prediction thread, but I stay away from incorrectly titled, self proclaimed "Official" threads.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #13
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiabc
it seems everytime i check the british forum more and more people are actually betting against JC and picking Bhop to cause the upset where as when the fight was announced 90% or more people on the british forum said JC would win easily, i am interested to know, at this point (2 days before the fight) just how the voting now stands and who people think will win. simple poll calzaghe or hopkins?
People are suggestable and are being fooled by the boxing media into believing this will even be a fight, rather than assault on Hopkins.

Last edited by oztriker; 05-21-2007 at 03:49 AM.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #14
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 1937
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

Hopkins is 9/4 to win this fight...
And I don't know whether that's too big or too small.

This fight is comfusing me quite a bit.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #15
steelem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lets settle this amongst brits

i can see why ppl are picking hopkins to win -that tarver fight was just awesome - but have to say did tarver turn up for the fight & winky - why did he put on so much weight ? & why was hopkins so dirty - i think if hopkins can be as fit against tarver then well have one hell of a fight - still think calzaghe will win !!
steelem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013