Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #31
Doyley10
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The worst boxing fans in Britain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
I have a mate who went to a couple of the early Khan fights. He hated it and say's he will never go to another fight again due to what went off at those Khan fights. I think he was at the Limond fight when alot of trouble was caused by Khan fan's. He noted he scared for his life trying to get to his car after the event. Every single Khan fight seems to be surrounded with awful events in the crowd.

Anyone know how the kid is who got taken to hospital during the Khan/Kristjansen fight is?

Alot of trouble has followed his younger brother at amature events too.
I was at the Limond fight with Stuey and Doggyland. We actually found the whole thing pretty entertaining. There was loads of chest beating and "hold me back" ing from the Dagenham boys and the asian lads (all in uniform of black bomber jacket to hide their natualy skinnyness) pulled scarves up round thier faces so they couldn't be caught on CCTV, pointed and shouted back. Occasionally there would be a cessation of hostilties and some pissed up and be-kilted Sweaties stumbled through to everybody's amusement. All harmless bullshit really, but I can't comment on the car park.
Doyley10 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #32
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
I never used to have any trouble at my fights.... my fans always kept themselves to themselves..... and as an added bonus they all used to fit in the Ford Ka and leave enough room for me to get home if I was to concussed to drive. lol

That night was the first time I have been to an event and seen real trouble. You always get someone abit loud or a bunch of noobs but that night the Donny fans were really up for a punch up. I think the biggest part of the people at these events are fine but you only need a couple to be dickheads and you can have trouble.

My oldest kid is four nearly five and he is begging to go to a show and to a gym. I do not think he is old enough yet.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #33
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyley10
I was at the Limond fight with Stuey and Doggyland. We actually found the whole thing pretty entertaining. There was loads of chest beating and "hold me back" ing from the Dagenham boys and the asian lads (all in uniform of black bomber jacket to hide their natualy skinnyness) pulled scarves up round thier faces so they couldn't be caught on CCTV, pointed and shouted back. Occasionally there would be a cessation of hostilties and some pissed up and be-kilted Sweaties stumbled through to everybody's amusement. All harmless bullshit really, but I can't comment on the car park.
No doubt there was someone near the front with short back and sides- jumping up and down shaking there hand at the wrist from side to side at hish speed ali g stye?
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #34
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:

My mate is a soft headed nob. He does not like boxing, he just got a freeby for the shows from work. I think he was in near a bunch of Khan fans and he felt over intimidated. He happened to park well out of the way, he never said what went off outside just that he nearly shit himself.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #35
Doyley10
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
No doubt there was someone near the front with short back and sides- jumping up and down shaking there hand at the wrist from side to side at hish speed ali g stye?
There are few sights in life more amusing than an Asian lad pretending to be black. They seem to think that by dint of not being white, they don't look every bit as ridiculous as yer average wigger, when in reality they're often even worse.
Doyley10 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #36
Doyley10
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
My mate is a soft headed nob. He does not like boxing, he just got a freeby for the shows from work. I think he was in near a bunch of Khan fans and he felt over intimidated. He happened to park well out of the way, he never said what went off outside just that he nearly shit himself.
Ah fair enough. It was funny on the concourse, when the Dagenham boys were chanting "tube bomber" at any passing asian (this is what cause most of the pointing, holding back of each other and, in a few cases, removal of shirts) when someone noticed they'd just shouted it at Monty Panesar (who is a surprisingly big lad and was wearing what was blatantly a sikh turban if you've got half a brain). The chants turned to rather sheepish thumbs up, quick smart.
Doyley10 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #37
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Ah fair enough. It was funny on the concourse, when the Dagenham boys were chanting "tube bomber" at any passing asian (this is what cause most of the pointing, holding back of each other and, in a few cases, removal of shirts) when someone noticed they'd just shouted it at Monty Panesar (who is a surprisingly big lad and was wearing what was blatantly a sikh turban if you've got half a brain). The chants turned to rather sheepish thumbs up, quick smart.

Yep dickheads come in all colours and shapes. My mate is one of those guys who talks serious over hyped shit but I believed him on this topic due to hearing through the grapevine other stuff that went off. The earlier incident at another Khan fight was abit of flag flying and taunting that turned nasty.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #38
Doyley10
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yep dickheads come in all colours and shapes. My mate is one of those guys who talks serious over hyped shit but I believed him on this topic due to hearing through the grapevine other stuff that went off. The earlier incident at another Khan fight was abit of flag flying and taunting that turned nasty.
It may have gone off elsewhere but, not to put to fine a point on it, I am one of the greatest pussies you are ever going to meet and at no point did I feel threatened.
Doyley10 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #39
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
The worst thing about Lacy's bird was the incredible tactical advice of "hit him, JEFF!!!!"

Wow... he hadn't thought of that yet, clearly.

Anyway, I've never gone to a boxing match in person, mostly because of the stories I keep hearing about "lad" behaviour.

Also, none of my mates like boxing, so I'd be ****ing depressed going alone.

I usually go on my own. I just talk to whoever is near. Most of the people at boxing are great. It is very rare you get some hostile trouble and it is usually sorted by the stewards who are 99% very good.

I feel alot safer at boxing than I do when watching footy. I had to stop going to watch Leeds due to wankers fighting, Barnsley fans are worse.

Nothing and no where is more violent and intimidating than junior football. If you want a punch up on a Saturday moring then in kids footy it is guaranteed.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #40
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
As daft as this may sound, i'm mixed raced: My mother is Irish and my dad is, well a little bit of everything. At my familes get togethers i'm very proud to be sat along side asians, whites, blacks and even thais and malaysians.... But I find racist jokes absolutley hilarious no matter what the origin or target. I get called all sorts by my mates and trust me they get it back just as bad. My son is white with blond hair..... I've had to put up with the verses from kanye wests Gold digga for the last 3 years.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #41
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
I usually go on my own. I just talk to whoever is near. Most of the people at boxing are great. It is very rare you get some hostile trouble and it is usually sorted by the stewards who are 99% very good.

I feel alot safer at boxing than I do when watching footy. I had to stop going to watch Leeds due to wankers fighting, Barnsley fans are worse.

Nothing and no where is more violent and intimidating than junior football. If you want a punch up on a Saturday moring then in kids footy it is guaranteed.
I love football hooligans.... they made great punch bags when I worked on the door. One dickhead kicked off one night in yates when we were closing he tried to punch one of my colleagues so I Ali'd him out through the door where he lay in a heap for a couple of mins he gets up and starts chanting 'i am millwall' and had another go this time got properly shelled- then 3-4 mins later he's found his feet and he walks away saying 'It took all of you to get me out of the pub.....' I had to laugh because there was only me and one of my colleagues there and he just watched..... so funny.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #42
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
I love football hooligans.... they made great punch bags when I worked on the door. One dickhead kicked off one night in yates when we were closing he tried to punch one of my colleagues so I Ali'd him out through the door where he lay in a heap for a couple of mins he gets up and starts chanting 'i am millwall' and had another go this time got properly shelled- then 3-4 mins later he's found his feet and he walks away saying 'It took all of you to get me out of the pub.....' I had to laugh because there was only me and one of my colleagues there and he just watched..... so funny.

Yep.

My wife used to work with this ex Rugby player who was mates with the ICF lot. He lived up in Barnsley and brought them up for a night out for his birthday a few year back. I went along too to show em round. They were giving it large everywhere, shouting abusing and acting hard. We had a little bit of trouble early in the night so a couple were up for a fight and started on a kid in a toilet. Anyway the bouncers came in and just chucked em outside. Hilarious stuff, it was like some one had stolen thier dinner money. Complete fags.

I hate hooligans and have had the displeasure of knowing lots. 99% soft bullshitters who run when any chance of real trouble, always act tough when threre are 30 of them. I have never been one for fighting or acting tough but I will stand my ground if I need to, these guys are just scum. They have kids and act the same at junior footy. The things I have seen and heard at kids footy is disgusting.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #43
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yep.

My wife used to work with this ex Rugby player who was mates with the ICF lot. He lived up in Barnsley and brought them up for a night out for his birthday a few year back. I went along too to show em round. They were giving it large everywhere, shouting abusing and acting hard. We had a little bit of trouble early in the night so a couple were up for a fight and started on a kid in a toilet. Anyway the bouncers came in and just chucked em outside. Hilarious stuff, it was like some one had stolen thier dinner money. Complete fags.

I hate hooligans and have had the displeasure of knowing lots. 99% soft bullshitters who run when any chance of real trouble, always act tough when threre are 30 of them. I have never been one for fighting or acting tough but I will stand my ground if I need to, these guys are just scum. They have kids and act the same at junior footy. The things I have seen and heard at kids footy is disgusting.
I've had lots of run ins with various wannabes... don't get me wrong theres some tough men involved but the majority are your typical coke head beer louts with absolutly no heart or bottle. I won't go into details for obvious reasons but I had a fabulously sucessful run in with a well known football tough guy that my dad had known in his youth. He was embarrasingly useless and punched like a girl... for the few seconds he was upright before he got mashed by Someone and then kicked off with the police outside the club I was working and got bit by a dog and clubbed Rodney King style by all the coppers and got bit by a alsation. Awesome.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #44
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
You know... i dislike police brutality, but when it's to someone who likes to think he's tasty and picks on other folk - i'ma ll for it.
lol me too.... its brilliant. The worm turning is a pricelss moment in all walks of life.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #45
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
I've had lots of run ins with various wannabes... don't get me wrong theres some tough men involved but the majority are your typical coke head beer louts with absolutly no heart or bottle. I won't go into details for obvious reasons but I had a fabulously sucessful run in with a well known football tough guy that my dad had known in his youth. He was embarrasingly useless and punched like a girl... for the few seconds he was upright before he got mashed by Someone and then kicked off with the police outside the club I was working and got bit by a dog and clubbed Rodney King style by all the coppers and got bit by a alsation. Awesome.

I know what you mean. There are some tough guys but most are just like you said. Being drunk does not help you fight better, these guys think the opposite.

I was in a club a couple of year ago with a few of my uncles mates. One was a tough guy, ex Royal Marine and a big bloke, well known and liked. We were having a good laugh when these two big bold fella's came up to him and started mouthing. I got nervous as **** but the rest of lads just told me to keep it shut and watch. This one bold guy went to punch him and the next thing I saw was both of the boldies on the floor knocked cold. He has sorted out a couple of problems for me since.

I seriously think bouncers should be hired for kids footy.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum