Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #16
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

I think Witter should be pursuing a Kermit Cintron fight myself.
Mikey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #17
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Witter isn't a great fighter. He wouldn't break the top 5 at welterweight. Cintron would knock his face off, Margarito would as well, Cotto would...Christ, I don't even want to think about that massacre. Mayweather would school him silly. I don't even know if Witter would be able to beat someone like Gomez convincingly. An up and comer like Berto would twat him too.

Anyway, Bradley is even worse. He was a stepping stone for Castillo, which says a lot. Like other people have said, if he's American, undefeated and in a world title fight and he's unknown, he's not any good. I've seen him fight and realise why people aren't backing him.

Last edited by I Am Legend; 05-21-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #18
dwilson

vCash:

Cintron is shit and Marg is suited to Witter. Witter would have a very good chance against both. I think Witter should stick at Light Welter. The differance between the top guys at Light welter and those at the top of Welter is minimal (apart from PBF and Cotto).

Bradley is far better than D-Hop and would have schooled Castillo.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #19
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Witter isn't a great fighter. He wouldn't break the top 5 at welterweight. Cintron would knock his face off, Margarito would as well, Cotto would...Christ, I don't even want to think about that massacre. Mayweather would school him silly. I don't even know if Witter would be able to beat someone like Gomez convincingly. An up and comer like Berto would twat him too.

Anyway, Bradley is even worse. He was a stepping stone for Castillo, which says a lot. Like other people have said, if he's American, undefeated and in a world title fight and he's unknown, he's not any good. I've seen him fight and realise why people aren't backing him.

More dislike for Witter to come to this view, or probably using Hatton as a measure like most do which is ****ing stupid, Cotto would beat him yes but Witter would beat Cintron, jsut cause he is a big hitter menas **** all, Witter would constantly counter Cintron and make him look like a dumbass.

YOu ever seen Witter being twatted around the ring?
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #20
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Cintron has no clue against someone who can take or avoid his punches and hit him back. He's crumbled twice now against Margarito in exactly the same fashion and Margarito is no world beater.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #21
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler
Cintron has no clue against someone who can take or avoid his punches and hit him back. He's crumbled twice now against Margarito in exactly the same fashion and Margarito is no world beater.
Agree Margarito is horribly over-rated..... I'd say he has got freakish strength and durability though.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #22
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Cintron is shit and Marg is suited to Witter. Witter would have a very good chance against both. I think Witter should stick at Light Welter. The differance between the top guys at Light welter and those at the top of Welter is minimal (apart from PBF and Cotto).

Bradley is far better than D-Hop and would have schooled Castillo.
How is Marg suited to Witter?

Witter isn't going to put a dent in him.

Then it comes down to whether Witter can throw enough to keep Margo off him and whether he can fight for 12 rounds at a fast pace....he can't.

Terrible match up for Witter.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 AM   #23
zulander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

My predictions are always wrong so ill go for Witter Ko 10 in a bit of a bore fest with a good finish
zulander is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #24
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Margo would put Witter into next week.

He has the chin of a middleweight for **** sake - Witter's only chance would be to get on his bike and hope to counter him all night, because if that uppercut lands, he will be counting stars.

Witter is good, but hasn't beaten anyone with a sufficient resume to suggest he could compete at welter. He has talked about it for ages, but that is all he does - all mouth and no trousers.

It would be interesting to find out when he turned down a Cotto fight, because the 140 version of Cotto wasn't all that cracking to be honest - rather chinny and lacking both in power and stamina, Hatton and Witter would beat him at 140, obviously a different story at 147.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #25
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
How is Marg suited to Witter?

Witter isn't going to put a dent in him.

Then it comes down to whether Witter can throw enough to keep Margo off him and whether he can fight for 12 rounds at a fast pace....he can't.

Terrible match up for Witter.

No point answering because all the Hatton fans on ESB think Witter is shit.

Marg was shit a fight ago, now he beats Shitron he is a huge threat to everyone instead of the plodding fraud he really is. Witter would have a huge chance against the kid.

Last edited by PACZ; 05-21-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #26
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

Hatton nor Witter would beat Cotto at 140, too much empahasis is put on the Torres fight.

Who has Margarito beat though? No one, plus Witter is smart enough not to go inside and Witter has a excellent chin, he may very well win a decision, but Margarito would be favourite.

Witter would beat Cintron though, I'd favour Hatton over Cintron too.
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #27
dalek
Journeyman

if witter moved to welter he'd get murdered by margarito.no way is witter gonna deter the mexican from wading in and roughing him up,marg,williams and co are all way too big for junior.
dalek is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #28
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

**** height, it would play no part, Witter is same height and has farther reach than Cotto, he also has power to mix it up with the Welterweights, Williams, Margarito and Cintron are too big for Welterweight.

I'd favour Margarito over Witter, Cotto, floyd and Mosley are other also Id favour over Witter, anyone else though Witter can beat.
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #29
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Hatton nor Witter would beat Cotto at 140, too much empahasis is put on the Torres fight.

Who has Margarito beat though? No one, plus Witter is smart enough not to go inside and Witter has a excellent chin, he may very well win a decision, but Margarito would be favourite.

Witter would beat Cintron though, I'd favour Hatton over Cintron too.
It's not about being smart enough not to go inside, it's whether Witter has the tools to stop Margarito from fighting on the inside.

Has Witter ever shown he can fight 12 rounds, 3 minutes each at a frenetic pace? I don't think he has by a long shot.

He has zero chance of KOing Margarito and only a slightly better chance of winning.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #30
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

Like I said I'd pick Margarito over Witter, but thats not to say Witter has no chance, he would have a chance of winning, Witter is the better boxer of the two, but Margarito is a very good fighter and has the size advantage, but Witter is a counter puncher and may punish Margarito sloppiness.
Mikey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum