Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #31
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

witter needs the belt. without it nobody is going to face him. unless the WBC promised him a top 3 spot.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #32
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I think the previous guy hit the nail on the head.

Has Witter ever had to fight for 36 minutes no stop against a guy who can walk through punches and bang as well?

I think not.

That is not a derisory remark, just the truth. If he went and achieved this in his next fight or the one after that, I would be the first to stand and applaud him. Until such time, I reserve judgement on this matter, which is unusual for me!

Last edited by J_Roth; 05-21-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #33
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Then again Cintron is a shit boxer who has no tools to beat any top fighter, Margarito is gonna get schooled when he faced Cotto, and who has Margarito beaten to prove he can hang with any top fighter, Cintron is s shitty measurement.
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #34
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Bradley is far better than D-Hop and would have schooled Castillo.
No he wouldn't. Castillo handpicked Bradley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Cotto would beat him yes but Witter would beat Cintron, jsut cause he is a big hitter menas **** all, Witter would constantly counter Cintron and make him look like a dumbass.
Witter can't Cintron's power. I think he's underrated a lot, actually. The guy has insane power, but he's also fairly fast and accurate. Cintron KO 3 Witter.
Quote:
YOu ever seen Witter being twatted around the ring?
No, but I've never seen Witter in with a guy who has so many strengths, like Berto has. Witter is made for Berto.

And Margarito vs. Witter should never be debated. Witter has zero chance. There is absolutely no way you can make an agument for Margarito being suited towards Witter. Bullshit. Margarito KO 6.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #35
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Witter can't Cintron's power. I think he's underrated a lot, actually. The guy has insane power, but he's also fairly fast and accurate. Cintron KO 3 Witter.
No, but I've never seen Witter in with a guy who has so many strengths, like Berto has. Witter is made for Berto.

And Margarito vs. Witter should never be debated. Witter has zero chance. There is absolutely no way you can make an agument for Margarito being suited towards Witter. Bullshit. Margarito KO 6.
Castillo didnt handpick Bradley. Bradley was WBC's number 1, Castillo was number 2.

Cintron is a ****ing bum, oh look he brutally KO'ed Matthysse, he has gotta be the real deal right he got sparked again?? Id pick Hatton over Cintron as well, any fighter with any skill is gonna put the hurt on Cintron, Witter just has far too skill for Cintron and make him look a idiot and I'd see Witter actually knocking Cintron out, and I'd pick Hatton to knock out Cintron late on, bold statement but thats how bad I think Cintron is.

Get over your hate for Witter and stop servely overrating bums.
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #36
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack

Berto is the American Khan - very good but intensly chinny and ready to be KOed when he steps up in class.

Marg is a joke who is so slow it hurts. Witter would walk round him all night and win a UD.

Castillo is shot and Bradley would have maybe stopped him.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #37
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Witter has a good chin, and the reason he has not faught a guy that could walk through is punches is because of his boxing skill and power.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #38
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Oh how refreshing to have a convo about Witter and no one has mentioned the H world. and we have to to 3 pages. Thats got to be an ESB Record.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #39
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Oh how refreshing to have a convo about Witter and no one has mentioned the H world. and we have to to 3 pages. Thats got to be an ESB Record.
I agree....Good news.... Lets see Witter make his own name.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #40
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Castillo didnt handpick Bradley. Bradley was WBC's number 1, Castillo was number 2.
That was the fight Castillo asked for. he was given the choice of a highly ranked WBC fighter, with the chance of a titleshot if he won. He chose Bradley. Yes, they were both highly ranked but Castillo obviously fancied his chances.

Quote:
Cintron is a ****ing bum, oh look he brutally KO'ed Matthysse, he has gotta be the real deal right he got sparked again?? Id pick Hatton over Cintron as well, any fighter with any skill is gonna put the hurt on Cintron, Witter just has far too skill for Cintron and make him look a idiot and I'd see Witter actually knocking Cintron out, and I'd pick Hatton to knock out Cintron late on, bold statement but thats how bad I think Cintron is.
Bullshit. Cintron would knock Hatton into next week. Yeah, you can pick apart Cintron's technical flaws but you could do the same for guys like John Mugabi, Pipino Cuevas, Earnie Shavers and many other enormous punchers. Cintron has a chin and power. He'd beat the shit out of Hatton and Witter, even if he does have a lot of flaws.

Quote:
Get over your hate for Witter and stop servely overrating bums.
I don't hate Witter at all. I just realise he is nowhere near as good as certain people think he is. He doesn't beat Cintron, I don't think. He doesn't come close to beating Margarito, too.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #41
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

Cintron is a idiot and cant box for shit, he gets told to fight outside and use skill but cant help himself to go inside and look for a KO punch, Witter would counter him all day and night and Cintron wont have a chance to give him a sound beating and I'd pick him to knock Cintron out, he is one of the most overrated fighters in recent times, Cintron has only fought bums his entire career, any time he steps up he is gonna get a sound beating, Hatton would pressure Cintron into late stoppage only if he can take Cintrons power which maybe the undoing of Hatton, but if he escapes the big blows you would think Hatton has a chance.

Witter is a very good boxer and should get credit instead of people hating on him all the time, yes he is a whiner but far from overrated.
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #42
dwilson

vCash:

Jack is on the piss take. Ignore him.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #43
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

lol he seems to rate on power and size only.

So many people rate Cintron, Margarito and Williams it astounds me, actually thats unfair on Williams he has skills, just in the wrong division probably looking for an easy title.
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #44
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

I have to admit I've watched a lot of Cintron and he is absolute shite at elite level... World class yes but only in a Bronco McKart type way. He'll get owned by every decent fighter he meets. Berto, Cotto, Mayweather, Witter, Hatton and anyone else considered exceptional should be too good for the guy. He's ok in many areas but he's not going anywhere.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #45
dalek
Journeyman

margarito has the perfect tools to derail cintron,not least of which is a fantastic chin so wheras the blueprint to beating cintron is there for everyone to see not every pressure fighter will take his shots.witter is the wrong stlye to beat kermit imo.
dalek is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum