Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #46
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Berto is the American Khan - very good but intensly chinny and ready to be KOed when he steps up in class.
He's not "intensly chinny" at all. Sure, the guy ha been down a ouple of times, but he's hardly ever been seriously hurt. The guy has a punchers chin, which is fair enough. He walks into punches he shouldn't be taking. Khan has been hurt by feather fisted guys in the past, so I don't think they're on the same level. Berto has a chin which is good enough to work around and protect, perhaps like Thomas Hearns. Khan has a chin that is nowhere near strong enough for world level. He could be the greatest technician in the world, but as soon as he gets hit by a puncher, it's lights out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Marg is a joke who is so slow it hurts. Witter would walk round him all night and win a UD.
Laughable. And you say I'm on the pisstake? I don't know which is funnier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
lol he seems to rate on power and size only.
Why don't you **** off? If you want to debate with me, fair does. I don't mind debating with anyone who has a contrasting opinion to mine. However, ydon't just make a bullshit post like that, when I've clearly explained why I think Cintron would beat Witter. it doesn't do me justice. If you can't have a reasonable discussion, then **** you.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #47
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Of the welterweights, Margarito is probably Witter's best chance from a stylistic viewpoint. Margarito is pretty slow, and his defence is porus, and he is always right infront of you. Perfect for the counterpuncher. Only question is whether Witter can deal with constant pressure and a granite chin for 12 rounds to take a decision, because as we know he likes to take the odd time out...

No forgone conclusion
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #48
fatdrunkenslob
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,251
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Cintron would decapitate Witter in 5 rounds. Margo would be all over him from the bell and beat Witter into bloody submission within 6.
fatdrunkenslob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #49
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Of the welterweights, Margarito is probably Witter's best chance from a stylistic viewpoint. Margarito is pretty slow, and his defence is porus, and he is always right infront of you. Perfect for the counterpuncher. Only question is whether Witter can deal with constant pressure and a granite chin for 12 rounds to take a decision, because as we know he likes to take the odd time out...

No forgone conclusion

That is my point. No way would Witter win this fight at ease but it is a good match up for him compared to the others against the fighter most suited to his capabilities. Witter would very likely pull off a UD against a very unskilled and crude slugger who has little skill. I would pick Witter to beat Cintron as well. One thing is for certain and that is that they would be good fights to make.

Witter needs to come through Bradley first though.

Berto is very good but he is chinny, a good puncher will KO him.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #50
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Carlisle, England
Posts: 575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Cintron wont achieve anything at Workd title level he was lucky he had to face a bum for the vacant IBF belt.

Cintron just doesn't have the patience or intelligence to beat Witter, all he has is a punchers chance. Cintron I reckon would punch himself out and Witter stops him late rounds or wide UD.
Mikey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #51
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Carlisle, England
Posts: 575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack

Why don't you **** off? If you want to debate with me, fair does. I don't mind debating with anyone who has a contrasting opinion to mine. However, ydon't just make a bullshit post like that, when I've clearly explained why I think Cintron would beat Witter. it doesn't do me justice. If you can't have a reasonable discussion, then **** you.
lol

Reasonable you always shit on Witter, your only point you are making is that Cintron has power and will knock his face off, Cintron struggled to put Feliciano away, Feliciano is a journeyman who was KO'ed in 4 rounds by Demetrius Hopkins who was scared Witter was gonna KO him.

Witter beats Cintron cause he will always look for the KO, Witter would have a field day with Cintron. A guy looks for KO's in there with a exceptional counter puncher.

YOu are only rating Cintron cause of some devasting KO's he has managed to pull of against fighters who aren't even in the same league as Witter. Why else would you rate such a overrated fighter?
Mikey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #52
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
your only point you are making is that Cintron has power and will knock his face off, Cintron struggled to put Feliciano away, Feliciano is a journeyman who was KO'ed in 4 rounds by Demetrius Hopkins who was scared Witter was gonna KO him.
Cintron borke his hand in that fight, so I think it can be put down to that injury rather than him actually struggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Witter beats Cintron cause he will always look for the KO, Witter would have a field day with Cintron. A guy looks for KO's in there with a exceptional counter puncher.
Doesn't exactly mean Witter would beat Cintron, but fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
YOu are only rating Cintron cause of some devasting KO's he has managed to pull of against fighters who aren't even in the same league as Witter. Why else would you rate such a overrated fighter?
I honestly don't think I am overrating him. I think he loses to the top welterweights with ease. I'd pick Berto to get an upset win. Quintana may beat him. Williams would. Cotto would slaughter him. However, I don't think anyone at 140lbs can beat him. He hits as hard as a lot of light heavyweights, if you believe the reports. Has a good chin and workrate to boost. I just don't think you can beat him by running from him. And if you're smaller, you can't outfight him either. Am I underrating Witter and Hatton because I think Cintron beats them? No. I just think the guy is too big and strong for the pair of them, even if he does have technical flaws.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #53
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Cintron has looked like trash against ANY live body, and a half live one in Feliciano

Being big and strong is a bit misleading, he doesn't use his physical strength anyway, and for good reason, he has NO inside game at all as was woefully exposed against Margarito

As long as Witter doesn't get knocked out he outboxes that chump, and given he has superior defence to anybody Cintron has faced, and is several levels above Feliciano I'd say thats a good chance.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #54
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,545
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Witter admitted turned down a Miguel Cotto fight.
At 2 weeks notice
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #55
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Probably a wise move, even though he would have stood a favourable chance against Cotto at 140.

Taking a fight at two weeks notice almost wrecked his career, or should I say the manner in which he fought during the fight did - he didn't even come out throwing bombs in the last for a lucky KO - just accepted defeat, which will haunt him long into his retirement.

Reminded me of Johnny Nelson in his first title fight.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #56
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Berto is very good but he is chinny, a good puncher will KO him.
If he was chinny like you say, I think he would be more protected. His next opponent seemed to bother the iron chinned Baldomir a couple of times. There is no way a fighter hyped as much as Berto would get stuck in the ring with a hard hitter like Rodriguez, by such a good promoter. It wouldn't happen. He'd be fighting people with no punch, like Khan is.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #57
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley: How will it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
If he was chinny like you say, I think he would be more protected. His next opponent seemed to bother the iron chinned Baldomir a couple of times. There is no way a fighter hyped as much as Berto would get stuck in the ring with a hard hitter like Rodriguez, by such a good promoter. It wouldn't happen. He'd be fighting people with no punch, like Khan is.


Khan's chin is not on Berto's level but that is becuase Khan KO's himself shaving. Berto is a great prospect and will go on to have a very good career but he is no way ready for the top guys. He can beat the guys just underneath but he will lose just like fraud Punisher did after he beat a bum.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013