Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Silva Explains Why He Turned Fight Down!!

Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time"

The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]"

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."
eze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Silva Explains Why He Turned Fight Down!!

Lets hope Liddell doesnt break his hand vs Jardine and the fight happens.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

That is weird, they send him a contract for November but they won't let the fight happen then.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
That is weird, they send him a contract for November but they won't let the fight happen then.
Why won't they?
Donut62 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

This fight has got to happen. Good find btw, thx.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
SweetScienceFan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Doesn't make sense. Now all of the sudden Silva wants to fight Chuck in November? On a show that will be less than two months away from Chuck's fight in Sept? There is no way in hell that Liddell is going to fight on Sept. 22nd, and then again about 5-8 weeks later against Silva sometime in November.
SweetScienceFan is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScienceFan
Doesn't make sense. Now all of the sudden Silva wants to fight Chuck in November? On a show that will be less than two months away from Chuck's fight in Sept? There is no way in hell that Liddell is going to fight on Sept. 22nd, and then again about 5-8 weeks later against Silva sometime in November.
Well, from what i figured is that someone is lying. Either Silva didn't have the option to fight in November or White thought it was a done deal for September(which wouldn't suprise me).
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict

White is a prick and should keep his mouth shut and just make and annouce the fights and dates, not stir the pot and cause trouble. Dana is the kid that if it doesn't go his way he crys about it and has to make a big scene and embarrass his parents in public places.
Nuke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum