Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #31
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Friday nights fight... Woolcombe vs Rhodes.

so pleased for rhodes. If you guys realised where he has come from to win this. I'm so inspired. That was fairy tail stuff.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #32
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
so pleased for rhodes. If you guys realised where he has come from to win this. I'm so inspired. That was fairy tail stuff.
It was great stuff, his ring entrance with the music and the dancing was straigth from the old days. In the pre-fight interviews I thought he looked drawn at the weight but he kept a decent pace up all fight except when he took that 'breather' in the 6th or 7th.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #33
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Yep, Reid was poor and John wanted no part of Willaims but those last two attacks were put together very well esp. for a domestic heavyweight.
No worries Gaz, I was just fooling around My namesake beat Reid after all! Good finish from big John, in fact I think McDermott should have went into that prizefighter tournament, he would have won it & got his name out & about again. I have no doubt.
Im still sick that Ian Millarvie pulled out, what a chance he missed to make a quick name for himself

Last edited by kg0208; 05-24-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #34
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I never had SKY back in the 90's, & missed out on the young Rhodes. Maybe he was on terrestrial tv also, but he slipped under my radar. On last nights performance though, how the **** is Rhodes stuck at british level? The guy is talented, & I heard he got robbed against Lockett also.

He was awesome last night. I havent enjoyed a fight like that in ages, where the wily veteran schools the ****y youngster. I know Calzaghe isnt exactly a youngster, but was that an omen of whats to happen tomorrow? hmm.... Food for thought.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:27 AM   #35
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
& it was also great to see Ajose Olusegun back to his flashy best, that was the kind of performance that wil remind his doubters here that Ajose is the real deal.
Hope he gets that big fight he dreams of soon.

I wonder if Witter will react to Ajose calling him out?
Thanks Dunky I knew you would be watching. I have passed on your kind words to Ajose hopeful one of these days we can come up and do a show for you guys in Scotland especially with our our growing Scottish fan base. Junior Witter is a good fighter but Ajose will retire him and make him Senior Witter. The time is coming. Why they have to fight Timothy Bradley or waste time with Demetrius Hopkins is beyond me as we are ready willing and able. When the fight is made you and Top Dog and Rich Dam will get ringside tickets courtesy of yours truly.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 03:29 AM   #36
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Very Happy for Rhodes. I have met Woolcoombe a very nice lad but I have to be happy for Rhodes.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 06:10 AM   #37
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Junior Witter is a good fighter but Ajose will retire him and make him Senior Witter. The time is coming. Why they have to fight Timothy Bradley or waste time with Demetrius Hopkins is beyond me as we are ready willing and able.

My understanding is that Timothy Bradley is Junior Witter's WBC mandatory challenger.
elle is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #38
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thanks Dunky I knew you would be watching. I have passed on your kind words to Ajose hopeful one of these days we can come up and do a show for you guys in Scotland especially with our our growing Scottish fan base. Junior Witter is a good fighter but Ajose will retire him and make him Senior Witter. The time is coming. Why they have to fight Timothy Bradley or waste time with Demetrius Hopkins is beyond me as we are ready willing and able. When the fight is made you and Top Dog and Rich Dam will get ringside tickets courtesy of yours truly.

Awright Olu, Ajose looked sharp last night, very clinical! nasty clash of heads at the start But glad Ajose called out Witter Hes looking good, hopefully you can get into a really meaningful fight shortly
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #39
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You're a top man Olu. Was good to see Ajose back in the ring so soon after the Wright fight. Was pleased the fight was stopped when it was as Ajose was starting to tee off on Spitko. Really looking forward to seeing him fight again soon, and hope Maloney can finally deliver the fight he deserves.
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #40
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
It was great stuff, his ring entrance with the music and the dancing was straigth from the old days. In the pre-fight interviews I thought he looked drawn at the weight but he kept a decent pace up all fight except when he took that 'breather' in the 6th or 7th.
Anyone know what song he came out to? When I saw him in the prefight interviews he looked so drawn I was really worried but then his body was in tremendous shape.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #41
dwilson

vCash:

Yep. I really enjoyed the fights last night.

Rhodes looks real class and prob a step up in class from the rest of the lads at Light Middle although him vs Jaime Moore could be really entertaining and maybe a future European title fight. Woolcombe changed tactic way too early. I expected him to get frustrated and go after Rhodes but only after keeping the fight at arms length for a few rounds, he just was not upto Rhodes class and needs to avoid Ingle style fighters. Great KO shot and thankfully the lad was ok. I was surprised how much punishment Woolcobe could take, a tough lad.

Big John looks good but still needs to work on fitness if he wants to be taken seriously at the top end of the domestic scene. I think he should maybe fight Mark Krence or a couple of decent foriegn fighters before getting in the ring with Williams. Pele has a similar body to me.

A Batia looks very good but needs to start trying to stop guys. I have seen him fight live a few times and he has some good moves, maybe by the end of the year they can start to think of matching him for a domestic title.

Ajose looked great but against Spitko who is tailored for him he always should do. I still fear for his wide shots but he has the tools to beat any fighter in the division. He really needs to make a move and fight a decent opponent. No fault of his and the avoiding excuse is wearing thin. No way will a title holder fight an awkward dangerous fighter who no one has ever heard of. He needs to start making noise and taking on better guys. If no Brits will then fight Europeans or Americans, just do something and stop complaining.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #42
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
A Batia looks very good but needs to start trying to stop guys. I have seen him fight live a few times and he has some good moves, maybe by the end of the year they can start to think of matching him for a domestic title.

Back in the day the jeffro did a far more convincing job on Peter then Batia managed last night.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #43
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Back in the day the jeffro did a far more convincing job on Peter then Batia managed last night.

Yep.

Peter definetly has his off nights.

I saw him fight Gary Sykes back at the Barnsley bill and he looks a rugged war horse and some one I really would not want to get into a ruck with.

How did you fare with him?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #44
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Yep.

Peter definetly has his off nights.

I saw him fight Gary Sykes back at the Barnsley bill and he looks a rugged war horse and some one I really would not want to get into a ruck with.

How did you fare with him?
I broke my right hand on his head but generally bashed the granny out of him.... But he has an absolutely iron chin.... He's a bit more fragile these days but **** me he could take a shot.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:58 AM   #45
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Thanks Olu, Im honestly honoured if you pass my words onto Ajose. & I am not kidding. hes a great fighter & I wish him all the best. He came across well in his post fight interview also, when the interviewer tried to say his win gainst Wright was an average performance, ajose was quick to put him right & give Nigel Wright the respect he deserved.

Hes a nice guy, a fantastic fighter & deserves the support of ESB. Scottish, english, irish & welsh.

Before people attack him for daring to call out hatton & witter, they should watch Ajose fight, & listen to him in post fight interviews. Fine fighter & thoroughly decent human being. That is all.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum