Old 04-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #46
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: LIVE weigh in for calzaghe vs hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
Are you being serious, he was all over-the-top grinning and shit with Lacy aswell?
Not to the same extent but he did do the knowing broad smile and head nods when they did the face off.

He was hyper at the Reid weigh in too if im not mistaken.
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #47
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatboxer
Where were the throat cutting gestures?

The slaps?

If anyone acted ever so slightly out of character it was Hopkins. Calzaghe has pulled that sort of goofy shit before against Reid and Kessler.

He said he would get in Hopkins face and he did. Hopkins on the other hand was reserved.
You are actually shitting me now, he did that spasticy thing against Reid?

The more I think about it the more I don't remember any Calzaghe staredowns. I recall the Kessler one now. But surely I wouldn't forget such a strange action if it was a Calzaghe trademark!!!?!?!
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #48
BIG WORM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 6785

ahhhh im gonna knock my computer out i swear i cant get the ****ing fing to work

it keeps chopping up half way up the screen
BIG WORM is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #49
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You are actually shitting me now, he did that spasticy thing against Reid?

The more I think about it the more I don't remember any Calzaghe staredowns. I recall the Kessler one now. But surely I wouldn't forget such a strange action if it was a Calzaghe trademark!!!?!?!
Im not liking your use of language here tbh. He's never been one to take the staredown stuff seriously. Him and Lacy both started laughing and grinning doing it. With Kessler they both started laughing but then Kessler went serious and Joe did also...it went back and forth like that.

He has pretty much always been like this....how you could have missed that I don't know.

I already said in any case I was looking forward to seeing if Hopkins did any of the shit thats become his trademark at weigh ins. He didn't.

I notice you have refrained from giving predicitions on this fight. Tell me please definitively your pick.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #50
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Im not liking your use of language here tbh. He's never been one to take the staredown stuff seriously. Him and Lacy both started laughing and grinning doing it. With Kessler they both started laughing but then Kessler went serious and Joe did also...it went back and forth like that.

He has pretty much always been like this....how you could have missed that I don't know.

I already said in any case I was looking forward to seeing if Hopkins did any of the shit thats become his trademark at weigh ins. He didn't.

I notice you have refrained from giving predicitions on this fight. Tell me please definitively your pick.
Wow, I must have just blanked it all out.

I remember Manfredo even out-goofing Calzaghe, but that was just because he always looks like a bit of a gormless idiot I think.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #51
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Who have you come to see?.. Floyd?.. Me?..

...now that was a weigh in.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #52
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:

I was there, it was pure pantomine. Great stuff!!! Hopkins was funny as **** during that weigh in as well, he really baited the Brits but in a tongue in cheek way.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #53
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Wow, I must have just blanked it all out.

I remember Manfredo even out-goofing Calzaghe, but that was just because he always looks like a bit of a gormless idiot I think.
No. You were simply trying to spin Calzaghes actions at the weigh in as being something HIGHLY unusual, a sign of his nervousness, of fear.

As ever however your talking shite and if you can't remember Calzaghe pulling the grinning nodding shit before with his opponents its because as I and others suspect, your just another box rec warrior.

Now stop ducking my question.

Hopkins or Calzaghe. Pick.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #54
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Ahhhhh the ohh sooo vital affirmation of the Man City Chav football fans.....that know **** all about boxing.

Gotta love it.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #55
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No. You were simply trying to spin Calzaghes actions at the weigh in as being something HIGHLY unusual, a sign of his nervousness, of fear.

As ever however your talking shite and if you can't remember Calzaghe pulling the grinning nodding shit before with his opponents its because as I and others suspect, your just another box rec warrior.

Now stop ducking my question.

Hopkins or Calzaghe. Pick.
I'm pretty sure Calzaghe hasn't done it before the Kessler fight ever, Are you gonna make me dig out my videos back through Calzaghe's career to check it out... boxrec my arse.

This fight is a real difficult pick. Hopkins beats Calzaghe if he was 33.
Calzaghe looked nervous tonight. Hopkins didn't...
I'm leaning towards the old man.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #56
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycaz
No, c'mon, that really was a good weigh in. A have it an overall draw, after Hatton winning the weigh in & PBF winning the fight.

Pose-down at Wembley, winner takes all.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #57
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycaz
God bless Michael J, look how excited he is, he's shaking!!
You've got one sick sense of humour - keep them coming
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #58
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Calzaghe hasn't done it before the Kessler fight ever, Are you gonna make me dig out my videos back through Calzaghe's career to check it out... boxrec my arse.

This fight is a real difficult pick. Hopkins beats Calzaghe if he was 33.
Calzaghe looked nervous tonight. Hopkins didn't...
I'm leaning towards the old man.
Go ahead. You go back and tell me if Calzaghe wasn't grinning and doing the smiling and nodding in the fights I mentioned. With Lacy at the press conferences they were both smiling and nodding and all that jazz...generally Calzaghe reacts to his opponents and this is best exemplified by the Kessler fight...the assertion that tonight was a wild deparature from his weigh in and stare down performances in the past was utter tosh and yet more spin from an ardent Calzaghe hater.

You've never proven anything to the contrary in regards to the box rec jibe btw...your assesment and analysis of certain situations is superficial at best.

Thank you for that pick. Of course you have added an asterik to cover your back, but still it will be nice when im proven right and you wrong. And also when true Hopkins fans that actually know what they're talking about such as Jeff Thomas and Dan B credit JC with a truly great win
Old 04-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #59
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Go ahead. You go back and tell me if Calzaghe wasn't grinning and doing the smiling and nodding in the fights I mentioned. With Lacy at the press conferences they were both smiling and nodding and all that jazz...generally Calzaghe reacts to his opponents and this is best exemplified by the Kessler fight...the assertion that tonight was a wild deparature from his weigh in and stare down performances in the past was utter tosh and yet more spin from an ardent Calzaghe hater.

You've never proven anything to the contrary in regards to the box rec jibe btw...your assesment and analysis of certain situations is superficial at best.

Thank you for that pick. Of course you have added an asterik to cover your back, but still it will be nice when im proven right and you wrong. And also when true Hopkins fans that actually know what they're talking about such as Jeff Thomas and Dan B credit JC with a truly great win
A truly great win would've been the scalp of one Roy Jones around about 2000... A truly great win if ever there could be one on JC's resume.

Man, we're having fun with the weigh in and now look where we're back at...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #60
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Anyone see the Sheika weigh-in. Bunce was saying yesterday that Joe was shaken up by Sheika's antics.
Fat Joe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum