Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #31
dan-b

vCash:
Default Re: Where was the controversy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
115-112...really

I can almost accept Hopkins by like a point, but that is absurd and I'm disapointed in you...
Really? Dissapointed in a guy on the internet you will never meet. What was your exact scoring then? Come on lets get everyone posting there exact scores up.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #32
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Yes and the fight played out EXACTLY how I expected. Unfortunately the judges were as easily impressed by incorrect punching and poor pressure fighting as you!
Were they supposed to be impressed by the one Hopkins right hand a round and his excessive holding and rabbit punching?

Perhaps it was his oscar winning performance after the low blow that should have caught their eye...

He did **** all in this fight. Sure not all of Joe's work was effective, infact most wasn't, but he threw so much more its logical he landed more. It's also logical that when one guy isn't doing anything, and the other is throwing punches you score it in his favour, even if he isn't landing
Old 04-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #33
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Scoring a fight is subjective. Throwing three solidshots a round, running about the ring and then clinching is not ring generalship.

The rounds were all close, but Hopkins wasn't doing enough. I also think the two judges who scored against him probably didn't like the constant mauling.
That post wasn't aimed at you Flux.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #34
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Scoring a fight is subjective. Throwing three solidshots a round, running about the ring and then clinching is not ring generalship.

The rounds were all close, but Hopkins wasn't doing enough. I also think the two judges who scored against him probably didn't like the constant mauling.
That post wasn't aimed at you Flux.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #35
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Were they supposed to be impressed by the one Hopkins right hand a round and his excessive holding and rabbit punching?

Perhaps it was his oscar winning performance after the low blow that should have caught their eye...

He did **** all in this fight. Sure not all of Joe's work was effective, infact most wasn't, but he threw so much more its logical he landed more. It's also logical that when one guy isn't doing anything, and the other is throwing punches you score it in his favour, even if he isn't landing
You've started swearing & sound angry. Weren't you accusing me of being bitter a little while ago? If you want to make this personal lets do so. We haven't had a good row in a while have we boyo?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #36
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's also logical that when one guy isn't doing anything, and the other is throwing punches you score it in his favour, even if he isn't landing
With that statement you completely discredit anything you have to say. Well done.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #37
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Really? Dissapointed in a guy on the internet you will never meet. What was your exact scoring then? Come on lets get everyone posting there exact scores up.
I thought you would be better than to make excuses. Not only that, but I then see you digging at Joe over a potential fight with RJJ

It's all very sour, I was expecting you to man up. Oh well...
Old 04-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #38
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
With that statement you completely discredit anything you have to say. Well done.
What the **** are you on about? So are we supposed to score it for the guy doing shit all? One guy is TRYING to fight. He gets credit for that in my book, I want to encourage people to throw a god damn punch.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #39
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
The ability of a boxer to dictate the pace, style and tactics of a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] vis-a-vis his opponent.
According to the 1929 Rules of the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], for example, “ring generalship” comprised "such points as the ability to quickly grasp and take advantage of every opportunity offered, the capacity to cope with all kinds of situations which may arise; to foresee and neutralize an opponent’s method of attack; to force an opponent to adopt a style of boxing at which he is not particularly skillful."
Retrieved from "[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]"

Not much more to say really. I'll never, ever accept that i'm wrong on this one and don't want to argue with you about it so I'm not going to respond to your next post re this fight.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #40
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
I thought you would be better than to make excuses. Not only that, but I then see you digging at Joe over a potential fight with RJJ

So you think a fight with Roy is a credible fight do you? Please explain how, this should be interesting.

Come on, where are these exact scores? People seem to be using the weight of numbers argument but you must remember half the ESB sheep on here are probably agreeing with someone elses opinion so as to fit in.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #41
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
What the **** are you on about? So are we supposed to score it for the guy doing shit all? One guy is TRYING to fight. He gets credit for that in my book, I want to encourage people to throw a god damn punch.
So you are basically saying that you have created your own method for scoring a bout irrespective of how a fight is meant to be scored?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #42
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Jones-Calzaghe.... I don't think I could stomach that one.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #43
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:

Even Enzo Calzaghe conceeded that he thought Joe needed a KO in the last roungd to win. Mind you what does he know?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #44
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
So you are basically saying that you have created your own method for scoring a bout irrespective of how a fight is meant to be scored?
I don't believe its my own method, but if you are right perhaps I should patent it

When a guy is doing **** all except sit on the ropes and the other guy is throwing combinations I will score that part of the round for him. One guy is fighting, and deserves credit for it. Boxing is already dwindling, and its demise will be fairly quick if people start getting credit for doing nothing

Besides, it wasn't quite to that extreme anyway, because Joe did land, even if they weren't powerful
Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #45
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
So you think a fight with Roy is a credible fight do you? Please explain how, this should be interesting.

Come on, where are these exact scores? People seem to be using the weight of numbers argument but you must remember half the ESB sheep on here are probably agreeing with someone elses opinion so as to fit in.
New thread me thinks for people scoring of the fight round by round!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum