Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #46
dan-b

vCash:
Default Re: Where was the controversy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
New thread me thinks for people scoring of the fight round by round!
Pointless. The sheep will just copy whoever has the balls to go first.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #47
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Even Enzo Calzaghe conceeded that he thought Joe needed a KO in the last roungd to win. Mind you what does he know?
Enzo says a lot of things. Could you say for sure that isn't a motivational tactic?

Means **** all.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #48
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
I don't believe its my own method, but if you are right perhaps I should patent it

When a guy is doing **** all except sit on the ropes and the other guy is throwing combinations I will score that part of the round for him. One guy is fighting, and deserves credit for it. Boxing is already dwindling, and its demise will be fairly quick if people start getting credit for doing nothing

Besides, it wasn't quite to that extreme anyway, because Joe did land, even if they weren't powerful
OK so the TFFP Icelandic State Atheltic Commision may not score for Ring Generalship but I do and the judges are meant to as well, I KNOW that Hopkins won this fight regardless of the bizarre scoring. Nothing will convince me i'm wrong.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #49
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Enzo says a lot of things.
Tell me about it!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #50
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
I'm a little confused by the tone you're taking with this
I won't accept i'm wrong and because I like discussing other boxing issues with you I don't want to argue with you needlessly about this fight.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #51
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
OK so the TFFP Icelandic State Atheltic Commision may not score for Ring Generalship but I do and the judges are meant to as well, I KNOW that Hopkins won this fight regardless of the bizarre scoring. Nothing will convince me i'm wrong.
Wow, you really are a smarmy little smart arse prick with those personal jibes aren't you? There was me thinking you were one of the better posters in here...
Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #52
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Wow, you really are a smarmy little smart arse prick with those personal jibes aren't you? There was me thinking you were one of the better posters in here...
Personal jibes? How was that personal! It was a tongue in cheek comment based on you creating your own method for scoring. Grow up.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #53
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Fair enough, my man.
So that Avatar? Quite looking forward to what you've got for me?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #54
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Personal jibes? How was that personal! It was a tongue in cheek comment based on you creating your own method for scoring. Grow up.
Can you explain to me the ring generalship on display from Hopkins?

I honestly must have missed something. I saw a guy running back onto the ropes, looking for a chance to fire single shot counters before holding. Repeat ad nauseum

From my point of view, the only general in there was Joe Calzaghe. He held the middle of the ring, made all the play and even adjusted after a ropey start, whereas Hopkins' gameplan never changed
Old 04-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #55
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Don't worry, TFFP just doesn't like anyone who has the audacity to disagree with him.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #56
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Can you explain to me the ring generalship on display from Hopkins?

I honestly must have missed something. I saw a guy running back onto the ropes, looking for a chance to fire single shot counters before holding. Repeat ad nauseum

From my point of view, the only general in there was Joe Calzaghe. He held the middle of the ring, made all the play and even adjusted after a ropey start, whereas Hopkins' gameplan never changed
You've just called me a smart arse liitle prick so aside from making me want to punch your face in I really have little desire to have a adult conversation with you. Go and find someone else to insult.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #57
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sill making it... just need to get the right photo.
lol!!! How long did we agree on? When the scores were read out I thought I would be happy irrespective of the winner due to my win-win situation but the first thing that went through my mind was my new avatar followed by my Vcash on Box Picks now reading zero after a small time as world #1. I hate the internet.... Just want to go back to my own little bubble
Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #58
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Don't worry, TFFP just doesn't like anyone who has the audacity to disagree with him.
New Avatar lol ??
Old 04-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #59
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
You've just called me a smart arse liitle prick so aside from making me want to punch your face in I really have little desire to have a adult conversation with you. Go and find someone else to insult.
I was actually making an honest attempt to understand how you scored it, and get this thing back on track. After you were the first one to get personal, making a snide comment about my location, as if its somehow relevant

Overall, I guess you really are a prick, and one that can dish it out but not take any
Old 04-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #60
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
I was actually making an honest attempt to understand how you scored it, and get this thing back on track. After you were the first one to get personal, making a snide comment about my location, as if its somehow relevant

Overall, I guess you really are a prick, and one that can dish it out but not take any
You're the one who always starts swearing & sounding genuinely angry. Reality check, it's only the internet.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum