Old 07-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #16
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Paul Williams vs. Floyd Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Are people picking Floyd because it is Floyd?
Yes... I'm picking Floyd... because he is Floyd. Who else would he be?

Floyd outslicks the young Williams and wins on the cards, possibly knocking Williams down with a counter over the course of the way.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #17
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff

Floyd outslicks the young Williams and wins on the cards, possibly knocking Williams down with a counter over the course of the way.
now you know not to take this guy seriously
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #18
guillermojm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

this is probably the first and last time you see these two names together like this

pbf will not lower his standards and fight this guy he would have to get through hattan,cotto, or even cintron and that my freinds will not happen
guillermojm is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thai-hardhitter972
Floyd is better skilled , better talent indeed , but if the fight was made I'd would pick Williams by UD , I agree with Jack his volume punches/reach would give Floyd lots of trouble and I don't think Floyd would be the one to KO him , because thats the only way I can see him losing.
You cannot see Floyd winning a decision?
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:34 PM   #20
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
It's impossible to believe Floyd could land a solid left hook counter when Williams is pumping out 1200 punches in a fight? I don't.

I never said he'd knock him out, but I can see a counterpunch knockdown. Flash, if you will. Corrales was big and tall and got hit all night long.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #21
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
Still bitter over Margarito losing (again), right?
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #22
Floyd #1

It's simply amazing how the hate people have for Floyd clouds their judgement.

Williams would win 3 rounds max.
Floyd #1 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #23
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Floyd can't KO Williams and won't throw enough punches to win a decision

Paul Williams UD
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #24
Floyd #1

23 - 21 to Williams now ?

LOL
Floyd #1 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #25
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

talent alone isn't everything.....the whole floyds too talented arguements aren't enough to dismiss a guy who has so many physical and stylistic advantages.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #26
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
You can't take someone like that seriously. He could get out-pointed and outboxed by someone like Floyd or beaten on the inside by someone like Cotto. The guy is far from unbeatable, and it doesn't require a KO to beat him either.
certainly not. Floyd could use counter punching and movement to control the pace of the fight.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #27
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
How do you figure he will land, "without a doubt", more than Floyd? He'll throw more and miss more, but I doubt he LANDS more.
So you don't think Williams would land more punches? People who Williams is throwing twice as many punches than, have come close to outlanding Floyd. Maybe if you want to be pedantic Floyd would want to land the cleaner shots, but considering Williams throws 3 times as many punches, say Mayweather would land more is absurd.

Quote:
Secondly, why does Margarito being hit have anything to do with Floyd? He is bigger, as you put it, but what does that have to do with it? I don't follow your logic in any of this really.
My point was that williams could land on an opponent who has a longer reach than Mayweather fromt he outside. Thus, Williams would just stay away popping long range punches, meaning Floyd would throw even less. As a counter puncher who uses the Philly Shell, Mayweather requires people to come close to him, for him to land his effective punches.

Read up on the Philly Shell for more reasons about this
Quote:
Serious question - Are you stupid? Do you not even see what point I was making there?
Quote:
Oh OK, so the technical analysis we have so far is that Floyd "outslicks" Williams.

Great stuff.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #28
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

PBF has met his match at the slap game Williams has more volume 100 slaps a round is 6/2 and long with stamina, I say he outslaps the slapper dont say Will is a better fighter or anything, only that in a slap fest of little commitment a PBF playing defense all night plays right into Williams' stock and trade. PBF for once will not be able to sit on a lead and run. Mark my words PBF will never fight Williams too big a risk not enough gain, and as the fans respect and proving he can clean out the best is not on his damn agenda the sorry cunt. But fighting little stubby Ricky Hatton is, while no mention of Mosely or Williams, how about a Winky? What bullshit and you idiots eat it up!!!!!
RafaelGonzal is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #29
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermojm
this is probably the first and last time you see these two names together like this

pbf will not lower his standards and fight this guy he would have to get through hattan,cotto, or even cintron and that my freinds will not happen
I wouldn't call it a lowering of his standard because williams gives anyone at 147 a good go. I would more say that williams inherits margo's position as biggest risk lowest reward fight for floyd.....so yes he will have to do some serious campaining to get pbf's attention.

Personally I think he posses the biggest risk to floyd....over and above all the fighters you mentioned.

I think by the time PW is in a position to get a fight with floyd he will be too old and want no part of him. too bad because i'd favour him over floyd right now.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #30
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Name the stylistic advantages. I think this is a stylistic nightmare for Williams personally. Wiliams is a tall, lanky guy who stays in close to be hit, and against a quick counter-puncher like Floyd he's getting pot-shotted and out-pointed all night long. He'll lose a comfortable UD to Floyd. Too much movement to get in and bang, too good a defense to catch him and hurt him, and too bad a defense to stay out of Floyd's counter-punching and pot-shotting. Also, as I said, he doesn't really use his height and reach to his advantage, and wouldn't be able to against Floyd anyway.
As you can see by my other posts I also feel that this could happen. But I disagree with the notion that he can't use his hieght. He can. And stylisticly I'm just going with the volume puncher gives the boxer a tough fight addage.

I think we just disagree with how hard it would be for him to impose his advantages on floyd. Personally, i saw the DLH fight and saw a guy that is beatable and is more interested in just doing enough to win a fight while not getting hurt then a guy that goes out there and imposes himself on the other guy. Also he got owned by the jab and if PW could make this work for him it would be a long night for floyd.
o_money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum