Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default You build guys up, you break 'em down.

The current subject is Paul Williams. Hail the new 'Mayweather-murderer' until he loses a fight and is 'exposed.'

Just appreciate fighters for what they are, not for what you delude yourself into thinking they could be. Margarito was a fine champion, and now he's relieved by what will undoubtedly be a champ in the same vein.

For all the jubilation fighters get while they're winning, there sure are few 'through-thick-and-thin' supporters on these forums. Seems like every single Margarito-fan died overnight and has been replaced with a Paul Williams one.

It's not their responsibility to beat Mayweather or anyone else. It might very well be their ambition, but that's theirs, and if you want to root 'em on, fine. Just have the class to not abandon them overnight after a loss or underwhelming performance.

'You're as good as your last fight.'

To the contrary of what one might expect, this irings especially true on this forum of boxing afficionados.
Shake is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197
Default Re: You build guys up, you break 'em down.

No doubt.....preach on.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
guillermojm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Amen!
guillermojm is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake
The current subject is Paul Williams. Hail the new 'Mayweather-murderer' until he loses a fight and is 'exposed.'

Just appreciate fighters for what they are, not for what you delude yourself into thinking they could be. Margarito was a fine champion, and now he's relieved by what will undoubtedly be a champ in the same vein.

For all the jubilation fighters get while they're winning, there sure are few 'through-thick-and-thin' supporters on these forums. Seems like every single Margarito-fan died overnight and has been replaced with a Paul Williams one.

It's not their responsibility to beat Mayweather or anyone else. It might very well be their ambition, but that's theirs, and if you want to root 'em on, fine. Just have the class to not abandon them overnight after a loss or underwhelming performance.

To the contrary of what one might expect, this irings especially true on this forum of boxing afficionados.
Nice to see some sense on the board.

Sadly, there are more newbies who love to talk shit rather then discuss boxing. They are more then likely fans of a boxer or two, not the sport.

Last edited by Midge; 03-09-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake

Shake, that's a darn good post. Well said.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceration
Sounds a little hypocritical lance, seeing as how you're a margo***ual
Wrong asshole. I am a fan of boxing and many boxers. You're just a faggot Mayweather nuthugger.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Boxing has always been like this - the internet has only made the pendulum swings between overrated and underrated come and go that much faster. All this really is is an intensification of something that has been a facet of the sport throughout its history.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i feel u...i'm the exact opposite, i'm ride or die from the jump
JMonster is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #9
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
What are you talking about there's many boxers I like as much or more than Mayweather. What makes you think I'm a Mayweather nuthugger? Just because I can't stand Margo that instantly puts me in the other camp? Is it that black and white to idiots like you who can't think in anything but absolutes?

I don't know man, you seem to be a one track mind yourself Just from reading your posts of course.
Mind Reader is online now  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 11:03 PM   #10
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
What are you talking about there's many boxers I like as much or more than Mayweather. What makes you think I'm a Mayweather nuthugger? Just because I can't stand Margo that instantly puts me in the other camp? Is it that black and white to idiots like you who can't think in anything but absolutes?

So he likes Margo??? big deal, does that mean he loves Margo more than the sport??? He instantly goes to that camp?? Is it black and white to you where you can't think anything but absolutes?

Sounds hypocritical to me bud!
Mind Reader is online now  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 AM   #11
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Nice to see some sense on the board.

Sadly, there are more newbies who love to talk shit rather then discuss boxing. They are more then likely fans of a boxer or two, not the sport.
shhh please
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #12
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
shhh please
bitch please...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #13
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Very productive discussion.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 06:41 AM   #14
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

And this observation is based on what?

I can tell you now that Mayweather has yet to face a legitimate welterweight. Now you may feel differently but to be honest I could give a shit.

I have stated on numerous occassions that Mayweather wants nothing to do with legitimate welterweights. Even now he is trying to get a jr.welter to move up in weight to fight him. He's a joke, seriously just drop his name already.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 08:44 AM   #15
korey

I like the idea of this thread. It always amazes me how much fighters are labled underated/overated, has been/ neverhas been. What do we expect from fighters on this site? the best names in our sports have faced defeat, its a part of sport, ups and downs. I can't wait to see what the people on here do to a honest performer like cotto when/if he faces a defeat! All the people who claimed he was underated coming out and saying he was overhyped!
korey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum