Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Haye beats Mormeck, but...

I can't see him having any serious success at HW, save for a few impressive wins over guys like Calvin Brock, Rahman and perhaps Arreola/Chambers level opponents.

For sure he'll be the best British HW, but for some to predict that he's going to be a top 5 HW in the division is a bit far fetched to me considering that I could never see him defeating the majority of the top 10, save for Oleg Maskaev, who's soon to drop out of the top 10.

Even a guy like Tony Thompson is going to give Haye severe problems as a 250 pound man with the natural punching power that comes along with that kind of size.

It's too bad that he has to drain to make CW, because I feel aside from strength issue's from draining, that it would be his best division as he has a good size, speed and power over the division.

For sure he beats Mormeck, that guy is ripe for the picking and can't handle Haye's power.

I like David Haye, this is just what I feel his chances are at HW and I'd feel the same even if he had a cast iron jaw, the size issue for even some the moderate HW's advantage is just too great and the Bonin win is decieving in the fact that Bonin was tailor made for any quick guy to destroy, even though Fraudley Harrison had issue's in removing him, but that's no surprise because Fraudley was garbage.

Maybe Haye could smoke Mormeck and Bell both, then if it's at all possible, get Enzo in there with him for an easy fight and then move to HW under the right fight projection plan.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Default Re: Haye beats Mormeck, but...

I'd say someone beating Brock, Rahman, Arreola and Chambers is having quite impressive success. That makes him a top5 contender who would get a shot at the world title.

Haye can handle big men. Watch him v Johnasson and Gurov. Watch his sparring on youtube as he is facing what looks like a 6'5 250 pound man.

Once/ if he sparks Mormeck he needs to go north, he has been struggling with the weight for too long. I think he can be a top ten player. Besting the Wlads, Vitalis etc of this world is a tall order but I think he has a chance.

Believe it or not he is STILL improving his game via skill, experience etc
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

Bollocks, he'll unify the Heavies.

Me, im not blinkered, im a physchic, trust me
Smith is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
I'd say someone beating Brock, Rahman, Arreola and Chambers is having quite impressive success. That makes him a top5 contender who would get a shot at the world title.

Haye can handle big men. Watch him v Johnasson and Gurov. Watch his sparring on youtube as he is facing what looks like a 6'5 250 pound man.

Once/ if he sparks Mormeck he needs to go north, he has been struggling with the weight for too long. I think he can be a top ten player. Besting the Wlads, Vitalis etc of this world is a tall order but I think he has a chance.

Good post, good to see some rational fans on this board.
I too like Haye, I think he will be a top 5 heavy, but to see him beating the top guys in the division is a bit of a stretch. It is hard to imagine seeing him handle Vlad's power and I think Chagaev would be too tough and durable for him. But it will be good to see him in the HW division, he will definitelly bring some excitement to it, save for the delusional fanbase that has already formed.

Last edited by madpup; 07-16-2007 at 06:44 PM.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:

That's success, but it's not title level success because none of those guys will be holding a belt at anytime in the future due to their flaws, and that's what I mean by "major success". Winning a title and having the oppurtunity to get the serious big money fights with other HW belt holders, spots on HBO etc. that come with it.

Brock's kind of dropped off and he doesn't take a great shot, which is why Haye KO's him.

Rahman is cooked it seems... easy pickings at this point.

Arreola is tailor made for Haye, very easy.

Chambers hasn't any size to do anything at HW in my opinion, Haye KO's him.

For example, I can't see Haye beating Chagaev, Ibragimov and as much as I don't like Valuev, I think the size there gives Valuev an easy victory...

And I consider all 3 of those guys to be under Peter and both Klit's, so there is 5 guys already that he can't beat in my opinion.

Mormeck will be an easy fight, but he can spark out Bell too while he's at it and take out the top 2 ranked guys before jumping back up...
Old 07-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haye vs Povetkin would be a FOTY candidate if it came off.
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #7
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
Haye vs Povetkin would be a FOTY candidate if it came off.
You know, I'd have to think on that one.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #8
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
That's success, but it's not title level success because none of those guys will be holding a belt at anytime in the future due to their flaws, and that's what I mean by "major success". Winning a title and having the oppurtunity to get the serious big money fights with other HW belt holders, spots on HBO etc. that come with it.

Brock's kind of dropped off and he doesn't take a great shot, which is why Haye KO's him.

Rahman is cooked it seems... easy pickings at this point.

Arreola is tailor made for Haye, very easy.

Chambers hasn't any size to do anything at HW in my opinion, Haye KO's him.

For example, I can't see Haye beating Chagaev, Ibragimov and as much as I don't like Valuev, I think the size there gives Valuev an easy victory...

And I consider all 3 of those guys to be under Peter and both Klit's, so there is 5 guys already that he can't beat in my opinion.

Mormeck will be an easy fight, but he can spark out Bell too while he's at it and take out the top 2 ranked guys before jumping back up...
Well, it would get him the title shot and Haye is one punch away from all four belts!

Whether he conquers is a whole other ball game but he does have the ability.

I don't believe any one has a sure bet on Haye. Chagaev and Ibrag aren't that good. Valuev is slow and Haye can outbox him while butchering his body.

Peter, Klits and maybe one or two others are the real worry.

Mormeck will be a good fight but I think Haye can take it.

I don't want to see Haye stick around. He says max he'll stay for one defence but he should risk it no further. He has nothing left to achieve after Mormeck. He has been struggling to make weight for too long.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

I'm not even concerned about Mormeck, he's ripe for the picking at age 34 with stamina problems and despite most considering him a murderous hitter, I find his power to be very average and his KO ratio and comparable opposition reflects this.

I don't think Mormeck can put Haye away, but Haye can definitley put Mormeck away with little issue, considering that Mormeck is vulnerable after he loses stamina.

Bell's another dodgy jawed fighter who couldn't handle Haye's best.

But while Chag and Ibrag aren't anything really impressive, they are much bigger and therefore pack a much bigger punch and they could put Haye away where Mormeck cannot...

Maybe Chag more so than Ibrag.

Valuev's just too big, and while I've never considered him anything more than a novelty sell, the size would come into play here.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #10
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well, it would get him the title shot and Haye is one punch away from all four belts!

Whether he conquers is a whole other ball game but he does have the ability.

I don't believe any one has a sure bet on Haye. Chagaev and Ibrag aren't that good. Valuev is slow and Haye can outbox him while butchering his body.

Peter, Klits and maybe one or two others are the real worry.

Mormeck will be a good fight but I think Haye can take it.

I don't want to see Haye stick around. He says max he'll stay for one defence but he should risk it no further. He has nothing left to achieve after Mormeck. He has been struggling to make weight for too long.
i can see haye having success against chagaev although he is one of the better hw boxers out there. i'd worry about seeing him in with wlad and peters, but haye will want to face the best - i don't see him ducking anyone even if he gets ktfo. and i guess none of the hw's out there have an invincible chin.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #11
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I'm not even concerned about Mormeck, he's ripe for the picking at age 34 with stamina problems and despite most considering him a murderous hitter, I find his power to be very average and his KO ratio and comparable opposition reflects this.

I don't think Mormeck can put Haye away, but Haye can definitley put Mormeck away with little issue, considering that Mormeck is vulnerable after he loses stamina.

Bell's another dodgy jawed fighter who couldn't handle Haye's best.

But while Chag and Ibrag aren't anything really impressive, they are much bigger and therefore pack a much bigger punch and they could put Haye away where Mormeck cannot...

Maybe Chag more so than Ibrag.

Valuev's just too big, and while I've never considered him anything more than a novelty sell, the size would come into play here.
I agree with what you say on Mormeck.

Chag and Ibrag aren't that big. Haye is 6'3, 81" reach and looking mean at 215 pounds. Thats Muhammad Alis body for you right there!

You can't watch what Valuev v Chagaev and Ruiz and not think Haye could just pick him the **** apart.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #12
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree with what you say on Mormeck.

Chag and Ibrag aren't that big. Haye is 6'3, 81" reach and looking mean at 215 pounds. Thats Muhammad Alis body for you right there!

You can't watch what Valuev v Chagaev and Ruiz and not think Haye could just pick him the **** apart.
according to boxrec hayes is 6" bigger than chags. ah hem.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #13
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
i can see haye having success against chagaev although he is one of the better hw boxers out there. i'd worry about seeing him in with wlad and peters, but haye will want to face the best - i don't see him ducking anyone even if he gets ktfo. and i guess none of the hw's out there have an invincible chin.
Wlad, Peter and Vitali are worries. If he gets past a few contenders I'd say he could beat em all. Wlad and Vitali are going to have all the belts soon. Peter looks like the general number 1 threat to both, though I think both beat him.

Haye has everything. I just want to find out that he can take the shots and know how to ride the waves against elite fighters.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #14
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
according to boxrec hayes is 6" bigger than chags. ah hem.
Chagaevs not 5'9 is he? I thought he was 6footish!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #15
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Chagaevs not 5'9 is he? I thought he was 6footish!
lol..i meant his reach. according to boxrec he only a 74" one
rooq is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum