Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #16
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye beats Mormeck, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Wlad, Peter and Vitali are worries. If he gets past a few contenders I'd say he could beat em all. Wlad and Vitali are going to have all the belts soon. Peter looks like the general number 1 threat to both, though I think both beat him.

Haye has everything. I just want to find out that he can take the shots and know how to ride the waves against elite fighters.
I'm willing to accept that the TKO loss was a fluke incident, perhaps even by way of weight draining or other factors, which is why I wish he could make CW effectively, because against the better opposition he HAS shown better punch resistance than the initial doubts would come from the TKO loss to that journeyman.

But HW is a different story. However, I'd say he'd be okay if he has something like a Calvin Brock chin at HW(which is glass in my opinion, but not "china"), it can hold up with a proper defence, giving enough time for Haye to brutalise the adversity before getting sparked out.

Obviously he's not going to have the kind of jaw that we'd like, I hope he does very well, Haye is a fighter that is good for boxing from a variety of factors.

The best part about Haye/Mormeck is that we will get a good price on Haye for betting, Mormeck will be the favourite without a doubt.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Chagaevs not 5'9 is he? I thought he was 6footish!
Chagaev has a very fast, well timed straight left that could put Haye in a world of trouble though.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #18
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

I think he will win the Cruiser title aswel and I also feel he has as good a chance as any to wina version of the heavyweight title - the division really is that bad. If he has the size, power or chin to unify and dominate is yet to be seen...
jc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #19
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Chagaev is no Ali, but is one tough cookie, has good stamina and packs a hell of a punch. I can see him weathering the early storm and wear Haye down for a late round KO.

Klitschko will decimate him I think, his defence is not that good to withstand Wlad's offensive arsenal.

Ibragimov/Haye would be interesting.

I am not convinced by Peter, I think he is too crude to beat Haye.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #20
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
lol..i meant his reach. according to boxrec he only a 74" one
Haye has an impressive reach, as did Ali. Hayes speed and reach will allow him to outbox Chagaev and Valuev.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #21
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Chagaev has a very fast, well timed straight left that could put Haye in a world of trouble though.
For every punch a fighter has, Haye has a punch just as devastating. Dare I say it, that includes the likes of Peter and Wlad.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 PM   #22
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I'm willing to accept that the TKO loss was a fluke incident, perhaps even by way of weight draining or other factors, which is why I wish he could make CW effectively, because against the better opposition he HAS shown better punch resistance than the initial doubts would come from the TKO loss to that journeyman.

But HW is a different story. However, I'd say he'd be okay if he has something like a Calvin Brock chin at HW(which is glass in my opinion, but not "china"), it can hold up with a proper defence, giving enough time for Haye to brutalise the adversity before getting sparked out.

Obviously he's not going to have the kind of jaw that we'd like, I hope he does very well, Haye is a fighter that is good for boxing from a variety of factors.

The best part about Haye/Mormeck is that we will get a good price on Haye for betting, Mormeck will be the favourite without a doubt.
??? Carl Thompson a journeyman? Your classification of a journeyman is awful.

Haye pre Thompson was a different animal. EVERYONE who supported said he was talented but he would shoot his load in abou 2 or 3 rounds and give EVERYONE a chance to ko him after that. Plus he was wide open and thus gave everyone a punchers chance. Mock and Thompson exposed this in him. He worked ALOT on pacing himself, maintaining a good workrate and his defence has come on light years. Thus he eradicated these two things.

Haye blitzed Thompson, about three rounds later he was DONE!

Haye at CW isn't happy with his reflexes. He said so after the Fragomeni fight. At HW he says he is stronger, fitter and sharper. From the way he looks, I agree. He fought a bigger version of Fragomeni and blitzed him.

Calvin Brock does not have a glass chin. He has taken good shots from guys like McCline, Wlad, Etienne etc It is breakable but not glass. Brock has some tools too. He was making Wlad look real bad.

Haye is GREAT for boxing. He has it all. A shame he doesn't get more coverage. People need to remember he has only TWENTY fights!

I want to attend the Haye fight and maybe put a bet on him depending on the odds. HAye-Mormeck has me HYPED!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #23
Duffy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam View Post
I can't see him having any serious success at HW, save for a few impressive wins over guys like Calvin Brock, Rahman and perhaps Arreola/Chambers level opponents.

For sure he'll be the best British HW, but for some to predict that he's going to be a top 5 HW in the division is a bit far fetched to me considering that I could never see him defeating the majority of the top 10, save for Oleg Maskaev, who's soon to drop out of the top 10.

Even a guy like Tony Thompson is going to give Haye severe problems as a 250 pound man with the natural punching power that comes along with that kind of size.

It's too bad that he has to drain to make CW, because I feel aside from strength issue's from draining, that it would be his best division as he has a good size, speed and power over the division.

For sure he beats Mormeck, that guy is ripe for the picking and can't handle Haye's power.

I like David Haye, this is just what I feel his chances are at HW and I'd feel the same even if he had a cast iron jaw, the size issue for even some the moderate HW's advantage is just too great and the Bonin win is decieving in the fact that Bonin was tailor made for any quick guy to destroy, even though Fraudley Harrison had issue's in removing him, but that's no surprise because Fraudley was garbage.

Maybe Haye could smoke Mormeck and Bell both, then if it's at all possible, get Enzo in there with him for an easy fight and then move to HW under the right fight projection plan.

This Amsterdam guy certainly didn't know boxing.
Duffy is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
This Amsterdam guy certainly didn't know boxing.
But this achilles guy seems to be some sort of boxing prophet. i look forward to reading more of his stuff
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

great stuff lol
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

I can remember this prick.

Hey..

He was apart of the smug elite cunt of a click when i first started to post in this forum.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #28
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
But this achilles guy seems to be some sort of boxing prophet. i look forward to reading more of his stuff
****ing hell dude... very impressive. Almost called it spot on
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #29
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam View Post
I can't see him having any serious success at HW, save for a few impressive wins over guys like Calvin Brock, Rahman and perhaps Arreola/Chambers level opponents.
Haye beat Valuev and Chisora, a washed-up Ruiz, and Audley Harrison.

I's probably be more impressed if he'd beat Arreola and Chambers.
Legend X is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum