Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #16
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tiger on the prowl! Beware Wladimir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin
I would put him a notch above Austin, but who else is out there and available for Wlad to fight next as he waits for a possible unification fight ???

Rahman ?
Please no Rahman!!! PLEASE!
JMotrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

some fighters will have a chance of a ko of wladimir, but outbox wladimir? no one does that.

the only way to beat wladimir by points is a brawler who could slip the jab all night long and do a paul williams on his ass. the only thing is there is no brawler, volume puncher in the heavies that can sustain that level of stamina for 12 rounds. they'd have to do a ike vs. tua or frazier's volume punching verses ali type fight, and even then im not sure that would be enough punching to stop wladimir from punching.

cause if you let wladimir start punching, the effect is noticable. the opponent usually gets really cautious even if they have an iron chin. and that in turn makes them fight wladimir's fight, which is a slower paced methodical fight at a comfortable distance for the steelhammer.

no one is outboxing wlad
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #18
Vincent Gottschalk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The Tiger has the best winning record among big men I think he's don't lost in last 7 years un like guys like Rahman, Liakhovich and Valuev. Thompson is the best guy Wlad could fight outside of the champs right now. Also Thompson is Chagaev vs Sultan mandatory so if Wlad fights him it clears the way for Wlad to fight the Chageav vs Sultan winner
Vincent Gottschalk is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #19
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Gottschalk
But the Tiger has never been stopped and he's big and a southpaw shades of Corrie Sanders, Wlad beware! Wlad Beware!
Vince - you just LOVE to hype these shitty heavyweights, but don't let Thompson's recent success fool you. As soon as he faces a top contender that's even near their prime, he loses.

I will make a bet right here, right now, Wlad knocks this guy out if they fight anytime soon.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:58 PM   #20
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

wlad ko rd 2, again wlad wont even use his right hand at all this fight
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 11:02 PM   #21
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Vince - you just LOVE to hype these shitty heavyweights, but don't let Thompson's recent success fool you. As soon as he faces a top contender that's even near their prime, he loses.

I will make a bet right here, right now, Wlad knocks this guy out if they fight anytime soon.
I gotta disagree. Thompson is much better than Ray Austin, and he isn't a shitty heavyweight. He blasted out Luan more impressively than Brewster did, and given him size and style, it makes for a compelling matchup against Klitschko, even though Klitschko beats him
JMotrain is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 AM   #22
tortik

didnt he lost a 4 rounder(1 million dollar turnament) fight to Jeremy Willyams who lost by ko to Samuel Piter ? Klitschko by 5th rd KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
tortik is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 AM   #23
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMotrain
I gotta disagree. Thompson is much better than Ray Austin, and he isn't a shitty heavyweight. He blasted out Luan more impressively than Brewster did, and given him size and style, it makes for a compelling matchup against Klitschko, even though Klitschko beats him
He may be better than Austin, but that doesn`t make him a dangerous contender. I put him somewhere between 8 and 15 because of lack of alternatives.
Against Klitschko he'd be out-jabbed all night. His reach advantage wouldn't help him as he hardly uses his jab.
Comparing the fights Brewster-Krasniqi and Thompson-Krasniqi doesn't make any sense. Brewster knocked the shit out of Krasniqi's brain. Now, Krasniqi is shot as Gatti.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:00 AM   #24
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Seeing as how Wlad can't get a unfication fight next, I just bet we'll see him fight either Sanders, Virchis (not likely) or Thompson, who seems to be the star of this thread.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:13 AM   #25
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he dpoesn't have nearly enough snap in his punches
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 06:46 AM   #26
Vincent Gottschalk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman

Shitty heavyweights! How dare you sir! How Dare You!:( This from a man how does not appreciate the artistry of John Ruiz the modern day Jack Johnson
Sure Wlad might knock out the iron chinned Tiger but that is only because Wlad is best puncher sence Joe Louis
Vincent Gottschalk is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #27
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

I give props to Thompson for building himself up into a top 10-ish contender and doing it relatively under the radar....but Wlad would murder him. Yes, he's a southpaw and tall, but he also punches like he's neck deep in molasses. OK, maybe a little exaggeration on my part, but his handspeed just isn't there. Not saying I don't like the guy, but it is what it is.

Thompson vs Lyakhovic makes alot of sense to me at this point.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #28
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No, I don't think he'd be a match for Wlad. Wlad's biggest problems are with pressure fighters. Thompson is a methodical boxer. He has sound technique and some talent, but not on Klitschko's level. I think he'd be pretty swiftly taken apart in a match with Wlad.
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #29
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 850

thompson seemed like a really nice guy. but to think he can beat klitschko you have to be out of your mind. honestly, i don't even see him beat any other beltholder let alone peter who would knock him out in a blink.
chliJs is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 AM   #30
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Even if Wlad destroys Thompson early they'll just say he beat a nobody.........................
RUSKULL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum