Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
BJL
07' Joe Mesi Express lool
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Internet boxing website takes a hit...

Ok now. The west coast boxing paysite that we all know and read/watch to the MAX.... they were completely over the top in their praise and nuthugging of Margarito. They basically idolized Maragarito before the fight. " Oh the gym wars!! Oh no one can stand up to that heat!! He was injured in 2 places for the Clottey fight..and STILL won!! I am betting a huge sum of money on antonio with Freddie Roach. Sparring partners get chewed up and spit out by MArgo. The P-Will sparring story is completely blown out of proportion... " etc etc etc. I just think its pretty funny that Margarito was so badly beaten to the punch and outboxed (allbeit the scores were close and he was ocming on late). When you read their writeup of the fight there are even several parenthesis like that with disclaimers. I love when big mouths lose credibility. blah blah blah the west coast is the greatest!!! if you fight on the east coast you obviously have no chance. In your faces bitches.

P-Will is going to be very tough for anybody @ 147 to beat.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BJL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197
Default Re: Internet boxing website takes a hit...

West Side Bitch....uuHHHHHHH.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

I like Maxboxing. But I never took there nuthugging of Margarito serious. They are still a great website. And the west coast is the greatest.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #4
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Williams will be tough to beat for anybody and Max Boxing is losing credibility
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
BJL
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_what
I like Maxboxing. But I never took there nuthugging of Margarito serious. They are still a great website. And the west coast is the greatest.
I liek the site to but... I was blown away by the lengths they went to promote and hype margarito for this fight. It almost made me think... wow i must not know as much about the sport as i think...these guys are "experts" and so convinced as to MArgos warrior spirit and almost invincibility. I guess they hate PBF so much they tried willing MArgo into somehting hes not... so they can lampoon PBF for his supposed ducking of their boyfriend Antonio.
BJL is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
Doc BNB

While they definintely rode Margarito hard, the article by DF was pretty accurate in terms of the flow of the fight, and pointing out that Margarito/Arum's reactions were over-the-top, even for them.
They could've played up the "robbery" angle, and they didn't. In any case, people have fans, and they have to point it out even when they overdo it. I don't see why that's considered a sin for them, but it's perfectly fine to have biases in the title of a website and that's perfectly okay.

I'm of course saying this as both a huge Paul Williams fan, and a lifetime resident of the East Coat US, specifically NJ.
Doc BNB is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #7
BJL
ESB Jr Member

Lets see what the MArgo cheerleaders ahev to say this week. I bet they try to mimimize the vicotry an d say Tony jsut started too slow was an off night hes still unstoppable.
BJL is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Max is a good site, with some good posters and coverage.Yet, there is an elitist(lteenage girl like) subculture within It does them no favors.

Kim and Fischer scoring the fight for Marg is just an OBVIOUS CASE OF BIAS OBSCURING OBJECTIVITY. There is no way in heaven or hell, or on earth that Marg won 115-113, its and just plain wrong.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 AM   #9
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Max is a good site, with some good posters and coverage.Yet, there is an elitist(lteenage girl like) subculture within It does them no favors.

Kim and Fischer scoring the fight for Marg is just an OBVIOUS CASE OF BIAS OBSCURING OBJECTIVITY. There is no way in heaven or hell, or on earth that Marg won 115-113, its and just plain wrong.
Doug is a joke. I heard him in the Hopkins/Wright countdown claiming that no both fighters have never been beaten decisively.
Immediatly, I thought of Roy Jones and Julio Cesar Vasquez (those who beat them decisively).

Doug Fisher or how to hype a mismatch...

But I am rather interested to see who will take this fight though.
jyuza is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 02:38 AM   #10
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuza
Doug is a joke. I heard him in the Hopkins/Wright countdown claiming that no both fighters have never been beaten decisively.
Immediatly, I thought of Roy Jones and Julio Cesar Vasquez (those who beat them decisively).

Doug Fisher or how to hype a mismatch...

But I am rather interested to see who will take this fight though.
You took the words right out of mouth! I was like, uhh...didnt Vazquez knock down wright 5 times...
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 AM   #11
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
You took the words right out of mouth! I was like, uhh...didnt Vazquez knock down wright 5 times...
I just saw that, I was thinking what a dumbfuk. Harry Simon also beat Wink clean.

If not for the connection with ESPN that crap site would be up in smoke already
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 05:14 AM   #12
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
Well, Winky said there were all slips and not knock downs...
jyuza is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 05:49 AM   #13
jaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuza
Well, Winky said there were all slips and not knock downs...
What reason did Winky give for being that disoriented at the conclusion of the 12th that he walked to the wrong corner?
jaf is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #14
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Well as a Margarito fan and supporter I can tell you the guy who showed up saturday night was not the guy who throws 100 punches a round. True that may have had something to do with Williams but if you ask me it was a tactical error on Margarito's part. That has absolutely nothing to do with Maxboxing.

It is like I told someone the other day. You have a vision in your head, from everything you know about both guys and you go with that. Nobody knew what Margarito was gonna do in the ring until he actually got in there and did it. Throwing only 40-50 punches a round was suicide on his part. He tried to play the power puncher and lost.

Had Margarito just matched Williams punch for punch he would have won some of those early rounds and the decision would have been even closer than it was.

Again, you can't blame Maxboxing for that. You can't blame anyone but the man who performed. He ultimately decides what he'll do. It's like when Brewster switched from brawler to boxer. That one fight between Kransiqi and Lyakhovich. None of us called that except the LUCKY people, and even those people don't know why they were right.

This is boxing and boxers do not always do what you expect of them. Thats how it goes.

Last edited by K-DOGG; 03-09-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #15
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaf
What reason did Winky give for being that disoriented at the conclusion of the 12th that he walked to the wrong corner?
I dunno... probably that he was so euphorical about his "win" that he got to the wrong corner wobbling and dancing...
jyuza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum