Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #16
Marvelous Marcum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 158
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWater
What do you mean by "If you are clever about it" ?
Correct me if I'm wrong Jazzo, but I believe he means if you fully understand training economy.
Marvelous Marcum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #17
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
Here is my plan.

Training no more than 5 times a week, but will probably use the gym Mon-Fri.

My main exercise will be bag work (though I could do with a decent 150lb bag), rowing and using the "cross trainer/ski machine type thing".

When I hit 252 I will start running again but not before.

My diet is protein rich with carbs that are low GI + moderate fat intake.

I am starting with 1700 calories a day and will work down to 1500 a day and stay there for a while.
But that is below the RDA....
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Marcum
Correct me if I'm wrong Jazzo, but I believe he means if you fully understand training economy.
You would have to ask him what he means.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #19
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KOOL
But that is below the RDA....
Yes.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #20
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Stank Louis, Illinois
Posts: 794
vCash: 2092
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

I understand that your muscle don't have to tire for you to gain strength/mass. I guess the question I'm asking is if there is some secret I have yet to discover. I like to fancy the idea that I know a good deal about training/lifting since I have done a great deal of research. Obviously, there is always more to learn so I'm curious if you harbor information unknown to me.
BlackWater is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #21
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWater
I understand that your muscle don't have to tire for you to gain strength/mass. I guess the question I'm asking is if there is some secret I have yet to discover. I like to fancy the idea that I know a good deal about training/lifting since I have done a great deal of research. Obviously, there is always more to learn so I'm curious if you harbor information unknown to me.
I don't know what information you have.

In theory, I would have to go through that and then check.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #22
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
Yes.
How long are you going to keep that up...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
I don't know what information you have.

In theory, I would have to go through that and then check.
Some PoweR Lifters lift for 1 - 2 reps and walk out of the gym.

"Train your Nervous System aswell"
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #24
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KOOL
How long are you going to keep that up...
Perhaps not long.

Minor adjustments will likely have to be made.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #25
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

jazzo vs mr kool, the battle of the machines.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #26
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Stank Louis, Illinois
Posts: 794
vCash: 2092
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
I don't know what information you have.

In theory, I would have to go through that and then check.
Lol, well alright.

When training for strength you want do less than 8 reps per set (I do 3x5).

You should warm-up and stretch prior to and after lifting.

Eat prior to lifting and consume protein and other essential nutrients afterwards for maximum benefit.

Consuming something close to 100g of protein or more is best for lifting.

Muscles require more than 24 hours to heal

8 hours of sleep a night

Squat, Deadlift, Bench and powerlifts are compound lifts and among the best lifts to do.


All off the top of my head. What'd I miss?
BlackWater is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #27
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWater
Lol, well alright.

When training for strength you want do less than 8 reps per set (I do 3x5).

You should warm-up and stretch prior to and after lifting.

Eat prior to lifting and consume protein and other essential nutrients afterwards for maximum benefit.

Consuming something close to 100g of protein or more is best for lifting.

Muscles require more than 24 hours to heal

8 hours of sleep a night

Squat, Deadlift, Bench and powerlifts are compound lifts and among the best lifts to do.


All off the top of my head. What'd I miss?
I will post when my head is less sore.

There are 100's of things I could list.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #28
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Stank Louis, Illinois
Posts: 794
vCash: 2092
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
I will post when my head is less sore.

There are 100's of things I could list.
You could PM me if you want, unless others want to know as well. I'm curious to say the least lol.
BlackWater is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #29
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWater
You could PM me if you want, unless others want to know as well. I'm curious to say the least lol.
I will certainly PM you.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #30
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jazzo's training thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
jazzo vs mr kool, the battle of the machines.
I want the winner as i feel i can compete with anyone here in a p4p sense.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013