Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 04-30-2008, 05:52 AM   #16
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: First More Fat, Less Carbs, Than More Carbs?

So is it possible for me to see clear results in two month if I want to reduce my body fat?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #17
MrSmall
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Easy, guy.
Depends on diet and training!
You can see in 1 month.

Run every day, every other day being sprint sessions.
Do some other circuits, like bodyweight stuff altogether.

Carbs only after a workout session.

Just do that, and you will see a diff!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Marcum

Scurlaruntings: The reason for their distended stomachs isn't due to high carbs, it's due to HGH. Many of the internal organs have HGH receptors, which leads to them growing, which in turn, causes the stomach to protrude. Also, the reason for not gaining weight is simply because you didn't eat enough. Granted you were 100% correct when you said there is no healthy reason to go to a no carb diet. It's usually entirely for aesthetics.
Not to be pedantic but this is a very common misperception. HGH does make the internal organs grow aswell as your bone structure and does contribute to the distended stomachs you see in builders. BUT this is MOSTLY attributed to the high carb diets that most builders are on and not the result of abusing growth hormones. The process can be reversed abuse via human growth can not.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #19
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Not to be pedantic but this is a very common misperception. HGH does make the internal organs grow aswell as your bone structure and does contribute to the distended stomachs you see in builders. BUT this is MOSTLY attributed to the high carb diets that most builders are on and not the result of abusing growth hormones. The process can be reversed abuse via human growth can not.
Why do high Carb Deits make destended stomaches..?

"I know Carbs need Water to be stored"

But i don't know why it can contribute to destended stomachs..
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Its because of the Insulin response the high carb intake creates. Look at recent pictures of Dorian Yates. He was known for his massive dense and sculptured back aswell as his very large and distended stomach. These days his stomach is non existent.

Any changes by Human Growth is a one way ticket espcially changes in bone structure. These changes cant be reversed but the socalled "HGH gut" can. Its basically a myth.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #21
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Its because of the Insulin response the high carb intake creates. Look at recent pictures of Dorian Yates. He was known for his massive dense and sculptured back aswell as his very large and distended stomach. These days his stomach is non existent.

Any changes by Human Growth is a one way ticket espcially changes in bone structure. These changes cant be reversed but the socalled "HGH gut" can. Its basically a myth.
Insulin response just causes increased blood flow....
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #22
Marvelous Marcum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

So you believe that someone who is not on HGH can cause an extremely distended stomach strictly with to high carbs?
Marvelous Marcum is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #23
MrSmall
Journeyman

Oh yes.
My dad has a distended stomach from too many carbs, now he's on a low carb diet it's shrinking. But that's a different story.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #24
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall
Easy, guy.
Depends on diet and training!
You can see in 1 month.

Run every day, every other day being sprint sessions.
Do some other circuits, like bodyweight stuff altogether.

Carbs only after a workout session.

Just do that, and you will see a diff!

Great Avatar.

I am trying to get back in shape and looking good for my holiday in the summer. I had a knee injury so I added abit of weight and can not do too much running. I am still in pretty decent shape and good fitness, just done what ever I can to keep ticking over while I got better. Doing mainly gym work now and swimming as much as possible, 4/5 times a week.

I am just not sure which path to follow in terms of diet. High carb or low carb, I eat a varied diet of good stuff, plenty of greens. Like I say, I just want to get my ab's back for my holiday.

Thanks anyone for the help.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #25
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
So you believe that someone who is not on HGH can cause an extremely distended stomach strictly with to high carbs?
King Kimali admitted it himself and his well known in bodybuilding circles for his swollen stomach. GH can certainly contribute but not to the scales that we see with builders. Bearing in mind the effects can be reversed as opposed to GH which is permanent.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #26
MrSmall
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Great Avatar.

I am trying to get back in shape and looking good for my holiday in the summer. I had a knee injury so I added abit of weight and can not do too much running. I am still in pretty decent shape and good fitness, just done what ever I can to keep ticking over while I got better. Doing mainly gym work now and swimming as much as possible, 4/5 times a week.

I am just not sure which path to follow in terms of diet. High carb or low carb, I eat a varied diet of good stuff, plenty of greens. Like I say, I just want to get my ab's back for my holiday.

Thanks anyone for the help.
Right back at ya!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall
Oh yes.
My dad has a distended stomach from too many carbs, now he's on a low carb diet it's shrinking. But that's a different story.
Its no diffrent from the big bloated bellys you see in Alcoholics. All the bad carbs in the alcohol and the insulin response is what makes there stomachs grow to huge proportions. As soon as they stop the alcohol abuse invariably the abdomen shrinks back to normal within months.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #28
speero

Quote:
I'll be damned. There are 5 (maybe 6) people ANY of you should take advice from on this forum when it comes to training; Mr. Small, Virus, the guy whose avatar is him doing the lat spread, Relentless, myself, and possibly El Puma. Most everyone else is talking completely out of their ass.

Now, on to corrections and comments:

Speero: A Paleo diet is not a "no carb diet." A paleo diet allows for both fruits and dairy (both containing carbs.)

Scurlaruntings: The reason for their distended stomachs isn't due to high carbs, it's due to HGH. Many of the internal organs have HGH receptors, which leads to them growing, which in turn, causes the stomach to protrude. Also, the reason for not gaining weight is simply because you didn't eat enough. Granted you were 100% correct when you said there is no healthy reason to go to a no carb diet. It's usually entirely for aesthetics.

Mr. Kool: I do agree, 0 carbs is a terrible idea. However, 20-50 a day is a safe number to stick around, since most anyone can stay in ketosis while still bringing in said amount of carbs. Also, as long as you stay above your maintenance amount of calories for the day, you won't be catabolic.

Mr. Small: The only complaint I have is with the 2 day carb up. I believe it should be much smaller than that, limited to a few meals in a single day at most. This is however my own opinion. When you consume a massive amount of carbs with no restrictions (much like what the AD calls for), you will undoubtedly be set back when returning to ketosis (as in it will take a few days to return.)

oops no grains, scuse me
speero is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #29
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

So is this Paleo diet bullshit?

What about a vegan diet, like the Thrive Diet?
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #30
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

I know this is an old thread but anyway. Whoever told you that threadstarter they don't know what they're talking about. And no wonder Mr Small is still afraid of carbs, it's been a long ingrained misconception for him.
Yes you need carbs for energy, if you do any sort of intense aerobic work you use carbs for fuel. Primmadonna Kools first post was the only accurate one in the whole thread.
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing