Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #61
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563
Default Re: Willie Pep - would his fans please justify his placement in their top all time lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpWithEvil
You couldn't beat 100 Mexican cab drivers.
In my prime 150-200 at least (Pep victims)
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #62
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Willie Pep - would his fans please justify his placement in their top all time li

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist
I actually have him # 10 all time p4p. Perhaps a tad high, I can live with that criticism, but the guy was awesome. Not necessarily that great outside the featherweight division, but at 126, with the strength, reach and height advantage he had, he would be HELL for any feather ever born and yet to be born.

I have him # 3 all-time at feather behind Armstrong and Pep, but I wouldn't argue too much with anyone that has him 1 or 2.
Yeah, 10 is a little high IMO but nothing silly. There is def a serious case for him being in the top 20. I see him as #3 at feather too (though that's as far as my list goes!).

It's an extraordinary series those guys fought really. Some incredible work in those fights - and some old school trips for sure.

Basiclaly Pep got the better, in a dramatic series, of one of the best fighters who ever lived. Mayweather, on the other hand,is a very, very, very talented fighter.

Any comparison is trite at best.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #63
joe33

vCash:
Default Re: Willie Pep - would his fans please justify his placement in their top all time lists

This guy should be banned,hes full of shit,why dont the mods do us all a favour,he offers nothing but bullshit.
If you really think pep is rubbish,then you should go over to the WWF forums,as that is probaly more your style arsehole.
229 ****ING WINS YOU DUMB CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,IN A SHIT HOT ERA TO,GO GET A DAMN LIFE KNOB JOCKEY.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #64
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
This guy should be banned,hes full of shit,why dont the mods do us all a favour,he offers nothing but bullshit.
If you really think pep is rubbish,then you should go over to the WWF forums,as that is probaly more your style arsehole.
229 ****ING WINS YOU DUMB CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,IN A SHIT HOT ERA TO,GO GET A DAMN LIFE KNOB JOCKEY.

AND

Although i'd have to say, you'd be out of line if he'd offered up one shred for consideration.

And you can't ban him, they love him elsewhere.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #65
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Calm down dude. I agree with you that Pep was one of the best, but it's not worth raging up a storm of profanity like that..
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #66
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

Quote:
In what way do you think I consider a top 30 ATG rubbish -questionmark- I am only suggesting he should not be touching the top 10 -fullstop- You don't think I have respect for one of the 30 greatest boxers of all time -questionmark-
Old 07-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #67
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
Calm down dude. I agree with you that Pep was one of the best, but it's not worth raging up a storm of profanity like that..

Yes your right i know,but come on guys,how in gods green earth can anyone say hes not a all time great,its silly,insulting and hes obviously here just to get a kick out of guys like me who see red,so he got what he wanted i guess,im sorry for that outburst to everyone (except him) on here.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #68
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
In what way do you think I consider a top 30 ATG rubbish -questionmark- I am only suggesting he should not be touching the top 10 -fullstop-

Then you dont know anything about boxing,so please just stop it now.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #69
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
In fairness, i've been shouting similair things at my computer, just not typing them.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #70
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Then you dont know anything about boxing,so please just stop it now.
Don't make me play the Calzaghe card mate, I said I wouldn't, but I am getting very close now
Old 07-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #71
dmt
Hardest hitting hw ever
ESB Senior Member

dmt is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #72
UpWithEvil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Mexican Cab Drivers > China_hand_Joe
UpWithEvil is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #73
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Don't make me play the Calzaghe card mate, I said I wouldn't, but I am getting very close now

Oh no not the fat welshman card,oh no what shall i do.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #74
Sonny's jab

vCash:

I'd probably rate Sandy Saddler ahead of Willie Pep at featherweight.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #75
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oh no not the fat welshman card,oh no what shall i do.
He did beat Lacey.
McGrain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum