Old 04-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #31
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Holmes v Prime Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Larry Holmes was obviously better than any of those fighters, Tyson beat him. As was Spinks. Were they past their prime? Perhaps, but Holmes beat Mercer many years later. So how is the Mercer who lost to an older Holmes better than the Holmes who lost to Tyson? Answer that.

This should be good.
Not perhaps, but definitley.
Robbi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #32
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I've seen the entire fight you clown, I consider it one of Tyson's best performances, and one that completely disproves fools like you who consider a prime Tyson vulnerable to a jab, height, reach, and movement. Biggs was a very skilled boxer who utilized all of these things and Tyson gave him a beating.
Jabs and movement was Tyson's nightmare and i pointed it out in that video. He was being hit by consistant jabs and was being completely controlled by Biggs when Biggs would not trade with Tyson. It was Biggs fight to lose. Biggs was a very skilled boxer, yes. Although he was never a major in the division and became nothing more than a stepping stone after the fight. His claim to fame is winning the gold medal and having great amatuer success and thats it. If you tell me( like the other Tyson huggers) that Tyson broke Biggs, then i will seriously laugh at you(like i have been doing with your love of Tyson and pathetic logics)
slicksouthpaw16 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #33
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wealthy Elite
Ownage.

Well played sweet pea.
lol at this guy. He doesn't even respond to my post but is so quick to jump on somone's balls when they disagree with me What a tool
Old 04-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #34
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16
You show your lack of ability to judge fighters and respect legends in this post. Holmes was clearly past his prime and had been out for two years. How is there any significance for Tyson? He beat a great fighter that was only a shell of his old self and rusty as well. Peak Holmes would have beaten Tyson handidly and Tyson himself even admitted it after the fight.
Yes, Holmes was past his prime, I admitted that in the last post, if you knew how to read beyond 3rd grade level you'd have seen that. My point was, how was the Mercer who a much older Holmes beat better than the younger Holmes Tyson beat? That makes no sense at all.

As for prime vs prime, I've stated it's maybe 50/50, and as for that last statement, that is complete and total bullshit. You really are quite ridiculous.

Quote:
Everyone with a brain knows Holmes beat Spinks and was robbed, both times.
How often must you prove your stupidity? He was robbed in the rematch, he lost the first fight, fair and square.

Quote:
According your pathetic logic, Riddock Bowe punches harder and is a better fighter than Tyson because he was able to stop Fuergeson easy in 2 rounds and beat PEAK Evander Holyfield, something that Tyson never did and even lost to old Evander.
According to my logic? When did I say that? You just made up something right now and passed it off as my logic.

Quote:
Holmes beat Mercer because he has tune ups. Ring Rust can be and was a major factor. I can go through an entire list of names that have looked horrible in their first fight in their comeback. He was actually prepared for Mercer and trained properly.
So the 43 year old who beat Mercer was better than the version 4 years prior that Tyson beat? Watch the film and tell me that.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #35
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Jabs and movement was Tyson's nightmare and i pointed it out in that video. He was being hit by consistant jabs and was being completely controlled by Biggs when Biggs would not trade with Tyson. It was Biggs fight to lose.
Stop ****ing posting! I agree with Legend, you may in fact be legally retarded unless you're trolling.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #36
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wealthy Elite
Honestly, i think you might be legally retarded. Then again, thats what i expect from people from alabama.
Legally retarded? Yeah, people that are legally retarted gets straight A's and is on their way to college. Not to brag or anything.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #37
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Legally retarded? Yeah, people that are legally retarted gets straight A's and is on their way to college. Not to brag or anything.
Wow, for someone who gets straight A's and is on their way to college, your spelling and grammar sure do suck.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #38
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, Holmes was past his prime, I admitted that in the last post, if you knew how to read beyond 3rd grade level you'd have seen that. My point was, how was the Mercer who a much older Holmes beat better than the younger Holmes Tyson beat? That makes no sense at all.
Well son, if you would read my post then you would have seen how i said that Holmes didn't have any tune ups. He was ring rusty and past his prime at the same time. If you really believe that Tyson beating a man who is in his 40 and had been out for 2 years is inpressive, then there is something seriously wrong with you and is just desperately trying to make Tyson's resume seem credible(which is not working and why i am still laughing histerically)
Quote:
As for prime vs prime, I've stated it's maybe 50/50, and as for that last statement, that is complete and total bullshit. You really are quite ridiculous.
How is that ridiclous when Tyson himself stated that he would have lost? He is simply stating the truth and no, this is not a 50/50 fight by no means. Holmes delt with guys that were more dangerous than Tyson had a ot more heart and punching power.
Quote:
How often must you prove your stupidity? He was robbed in the rematch, he lost the first fight, fair and square.
Its debatable. The first fight was iffy and i thought that he won that too, but you can make a case for Spinks winning that one.
Quote:
According to my logic? When did I say that? You just made up something right now and passed it off as my logic.
No, you said that Mercer lost to an older Holmes and Holmes lost to Spinks, as if to say Tyson beat Spinks easily and Holmes beat him. I said that styles makes fights and according to that pathetic logic, Bowe punches harder than Tyson and is a better fighter than Tyson because he stopped Jesse Fuergeson easily in 2 rounds and beat PEAK Holyfeild, something that Tyson didn't do and lost to an even older and past his prime version of Evander.
Quote:
So the 43 year old who beat Mercer was better than the version 4 years prior that Tyson beat? Watch the film and tell me that.
Or you even listening to what i am saying or you just going by what you want to? Let me write this big so you can see it. Holmes was active for Mercer and had tune ups. The Holmes that fought Tyson didn't have any tune ups and was out for 2 years.Now do you understand?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #39
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Wow, for someone who gets straight A's and is on their way to college, your spelling and grammar sure do suck.
I miss spell one word over the internet and my grammar sucks now? lol, this is the internet son. I don't need to be a perfectionist like you are, or at least attempting to be.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #40
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well son, if you would read my post then you would have seen how i said that Holmes didn't have any tune ups. He was ring rusty and past his prime at the same time. If you really believe that Tyson beating a man who is in his 40 and had been out for 2 years is inpressive, then there is something eriously wrong with you and is just desperately trying to make Tyson's resume seem credible(which is not working and why i am style laughing histerically)
He was 39, so how are you going to say Mercer was better than that version of Holmes when he was 4 years older? I understand tune ups can make a difference, but that doesn't mean a 43 year old is better than a 39 version of the same fighter, regardless of tune ups. I thought Holmes looked quite good early on vs Tyson, he just couldn't last. How would Mercer have beaten that version?

Quote:
How is that ridiclous when Tyson himself stated that he would have lost? He is simply stating the truth and no, this is not a 50/50 fight by no means. Holmes delt with guys that were more dangerous than Tyson had a ot more heart and punching power.
When did Tyson state this first of all? Second of all, even if he did, it doesn't mean a goddamn thing, he was flattering an old, faded fighter, as many do. And again, when did he say this.

Also, name the fighters.

Quote:
No, you said that Mercer lost to an older Holmes and Holmes lost to Spinks, as if to say Tyson beat Spinks easily and Holmes beat him. I said that styles makes fights and according to that pathetic logic, Bowe punches harder than Tyson and is a better fighter than Tyson because he stopped Jesse Fuergeson easily in 2 rounds and beat PEAK Holyfeild, something that Tyson didn't do and lost to an even older and past his prime version of Evander.
You're the one who said it, not me. You made up an irrelevant point to try to prove something, and it didn't work out at all, because it simply wasn't true. This all leads back to you claiming Mercer was better than anyone Tyson had faced, which is ridiculous.

Quote:
Holmes was active for Mercer and had tune ups. The Holmes that fought Tyson didn't have any tune ups and was out for 2 years.Now do you understand?
He was still 4 years older, and even if(though it's a bullshit "if") that version of Holmes was better than the one who faced Tyson, the Mercer he beat was still not better. Mercer had absolutely nothing to give Tyson any trouble. Nor Holmes.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #41
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote]
Quote:
He was 39, so how are you going to say Mercer was better than that version of Holmes when he was 4 years older? I understand tune ups can make a difference, but that doesn't mean a 43 year old is better than a 39 version of the same fighter, regardless of tune ups. I thought Holmes looked quite good early on vs Tyson, he just couldn't last. How would Mercer have beaten that version?
Wow, you need to work on you comprehension skills. Holmes had tune ups when he fought Mercer and he looked sharper when he fought him as well. He had 5 tune ups before the Mercer fight and that can really be a big difference. Do you really think that the Holmes that was easily dispatched by Tyson would beat Mercer the same way he did? Please, he would get knocked out as well. Like i have said before, we can go through a whole list of fighters that didn't look good on their come back after being out for 2 years. He fought peak Tyson in his prime, was ring rusty with no tune ups and didn't train right. All the recieps for disaster.

Quote:
When did Tyson state this first of all? Second of all, even if he did, it doesn't mean a goddamn thing, he was flattering an old, faded fighter, as many do. And again, when did he say this.

Also, name the fighters.
BORKED

He states it in this video. He knows (as well as anyone with sense) that peak Holmes would have beaten him.
Quote:
You're the one who said it, not me. You made up an irrelevant point to try to prove something, and it didn't work out at all, because it simply wasn't true. This all leads back to you claiming Mercer was better than anyone Tyson had faced, which is ridiculous.
You are the one that came up with that silly logic, completely ignoring the fact that styles makes fights and tune ups indeed matter, especially when you are 39 and has not had a fight in 2 years.

Quote:
He was still 4 years older, and even if(though it's a bullshit "if") that version of Holmes was better than the one who faced Tyson, the Mercer he beat was still not better. Mercer had absolutely nothing to give Tyson any trouble.
Mercer had two four things that would give Tyson hell. Heart, chin, durability and punching power. He had a shot at out lasting Tyson. Mercer can take a hell of a shot and if Tyson wouldn't get rid of him early( which he wouldn't) then he would have a close fight or could be knocked him himself. Tyson's pace slowed down, usually by the 4th rounds and he also grew weaker. Joe Rabalita was really putting it on Tyson and i remember Kevin Rooney having to snap on Tyson and tell him to get back to it. Imagine if that was Ray Mercer?
Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #42
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
He was being hit by consistant jabs and was being completely controlled by Biggs when Biggs would not trade with Tyson. It was Biggs fight to lose.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #43
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Its good to see that JohnThomas has been posting. You know, i like how the ignore list works on this site. When the person that you added to ignore is posting, you can barely even see that they posted because their name is so small. Its like they don't even exist. Great
Old 04-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #44
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Its good to see that JohnThomas has been posting. You know, i like how the ignore list works on this site. When the person that you added to ignore is posting, you can barely even see that they posted because their name is so small. Its like they don't even exist. Great
I could never ignore ya Swicky, whenever i am lacking for humour i simply find one of your atrocities and near piss myself.

Biggs fight to win or lose

JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #45
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917

In their real match up Tyson had some trubble with Holmes and his jab, but when he was able to get past it he was able to stop Holmes in quick fashion. I think if they meet prime for prime the fight would last longer but the result would be the same. Tyson ko 9.
ripcity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum