Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Lets Not Forget That It Was A Great Fight !!!!

nobody got exposed yesterday, NOBODY...paul williams said it himself that the 12th round is what sealed the deal, and really...the fight was hella close...alot of punches were thrown by him but surprisingly, not many landed....margo impressed me with his defense a bit, he was slipping punches and blocking alot of them.....

and dont forget that they had 2 ****en weak ass judges who hadn't scored any notable fights, so my guess is that they got all ****en wet when they seen paul williams throw alot....

much props to williams for hanging in there for the last half of the fight, he really looked hurt and winded in some rounds....that body attack was brutal and not many people would of been able to take all that body punishment.....

but really fellaz, nobody got exposed, it was a close ass fight that really could've gone either way....nobody lost, both of their stocks will go up but again, i think they both will get avoided alot.....people dont fear margo's skill, they fear his heart, balls, and relentless non stop pressure....if he can make a 6'1 fighter run for his life, imagine what he can do to the rest of the welterweight champs......

CINTRON, WOW...really impressed with him and i would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to see him in there with williams......

and gomez, well we'll see how he will do with B level fighters...i would like to see him fight prospects like julio or berto.....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Default Re: Lets Not Forget That It Was A Great Fight !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
Make Chavez Jr. - Gomez now!
that'll be sick too....
Old 07-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
KillerInstinct
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
nobody got exposed yesterday, NOBODY...paul williams said it himself that the 12th round is what sealed the deal, and really...the fight was hella close...alot of punches were thrown by him but surprisingly, not many landed....margo impressed me with his defense a bit, he was slipping punches and blocking alot of them.....

and dont forget that they had 2 ****en weak ass judges who hadn't scored any notable fights, so my guess is that they got all ****en wet when they seen paul williams throw alot....

much props to williams for hanging in there for the last half of the fight, he really looked hurt and winded in some rounds....that body attack was brutal and not many people would of been able to take all that body punishment.....

but really fellaz, nobody got exposed, it was a close ass fight that really could've gone either way....nobody lost, both of their stocks will go up but again, i think they both will get avoided alot.....people dont fear margo's skill, they fear his heart, balls, and relentless non stop pressure....if he can make a 6'1 fighter run for his life, imagine what he can do to the rest of the welterweight champs......

CINTRON, WOW...really impressed with him and i would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to see him in there with williams......

and gomez, well we'll see how he will do with B level fighters...i would like to see him fight prospects like julio or berto.....
You think Gomez could take your boy JCC Jr. out?

I think Cintron is going to be a big threat in the 147 division, Emmanuel Steward is doing a great job with him and after demolishing Mallthyse in 2, the sky is the limit for this kid.

PW vs AM was a great fight as well, 12 rounds of great action and a lot of heart. I was really suprised that PW took all that punishment, especially in the 11th round when AM was beating him up. It's evident that Williams is going to be a bitch to fight for anyone in the future. Can take punishment, great stamina, killer workrate..and being 6'1" helps a tadddd bit. Only guy I see that can beat him is Cotto. Margarito is a tough fighter and I think he should pursue a rematch with Cintron. Cintron may want to avenge his only loss and it gives Marg a chance to get a title and get back in the picture as the "most avoided fighter" in boxing
KillerInstinct is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

It was a great fight and one I would really like to see a rematch. If Margarito can get started a bit earlier, he has a chance to get his title back.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I don't like the way the word "exposed" is used. Williams is a ****ing quality fighter, whose only fault was that he was unproven. Last night he proved he can compete with the best. Margarito wasn't "exposed" - he was beaten.

Someone like Litzau getting knocked the **** out is being exposed. Margarito losing a close, tough fought battle against a great boxer is not "exposed".

Outclassed, probably, but Margarito is still a good fighter.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818

Quote:

"Nobody lost" ??? wtf

so they are both the WBO Welterweight champion?

Last edited by META5; 06-07-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
Cerberus
Kérberos, Hound of Hades
ESB Senior Member

Did anyone catch Arum flipping out after the Williams decision was announced? It was on split-screen so you couldn't tell who he was yellin at but I thought it was funny
Cerberus is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
I don't like the way the word "exposed" is used. Williams is a ****ing quality fighter, whose only fault was that he was unproven. Last night he proved he can compete with the best. Margarito wasn't "exposed" - he was beaten.

Someone like Litzau getting knocked the **** out is being exposed. Margarito losing a close, tough fought battle against a great boxer is not "exposed".

Outclassed, probably, but Margarito is still a good fighter.
Agreed.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
Make Chavez Jr. - Gomez now!
first thing that popped into my mind

even before gatti got Ko'd
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #10
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

margo wasnt exposed???

so you knew he was a sore ass loser all these years???
unitas is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #11
northend
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 0

Quote:

I agree with pretty much what you said here,But I'll stick with my opinion from awhile ago that PBF still boxes circles around Margo.
northend is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #12
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by northend
I agree with pretty much what you said here,But I'll stick with my opinion from awhile ago that PBF still boxes circles around Margo.
i'm not saying he wont, this was strictly only about last night....i for one never thought margo would blow floyd out, just give him alot of problems....

Last edited by janitor; 03-09-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #13
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Master
"Nobody lost" ??? wtf

so they are both the WBO Welterweight champion?
you know what i mean dickbreath, take your head out of floyds ass......it's easy to act like a boxing fan and only back up one fighter...especially one like floyd....
Old 07-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #14
Mundo
****s the wives of every
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2658

i thought the fight was great. i completely agree with you freddy. mad props to willimas for taking that punishment in the fight and actually fighting his hear out and sucking it up in the 12th. he knew it was time to close the deal and put a good show.
Mundo is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #15
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

i'll tell you what though, paul makes floyds balls look like skittles....

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum