Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Do you agree with them?
I agree with them 6 16.22%
I disagree with them 31 83.78%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #31
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Spinks was actually the Linear heavyweight champ. Agreed he was blown up, but he did woin the linear title.
Yeah, but he wasn't in his prime when Tyson beat him. He was clearly at his best at light-heavyweight. And he wasn't a big heavyweight either, although his skills and ring generalship made up for his weight disadvantage.
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #32
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16
Exposing you is not the reason why i made this thread, i made this thread so you could realize what you were saying and so experts that know their stuff can show you that a two year lay off can be harmful, especially when you are 39 years of age and fighting past your prime. You were completely ignoring the fact that Holmes had 5 tune ups for Mercer and continued to say the version that fought Tyson was better, only to support your pathetic logics and make Tyson seem more credible(which didn't work).
We're no longer talking about that, you made a thread on a completely different topic and somehow are tying these two things together, and you straight up lied. **** you dude, **** you. I'm going to have you banned, count on it. This bullshit you pull is intolerable, and you're now crossing the line. ****ing lying fraud sack of shit.

And by the way, notice how noone else agrees with anything you say, even though you delude yourself into thinking so with posts like these. Read the other posts. You're a pathetic, delusional moron.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #33
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Holmes was in his prime in the late 70s and early 80s.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #34
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere gone off dat lean!
Posts: 945
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
We're no longer talking about that, you made a thread on a completely different topic and somehow are tying these two things together, and you straight up lied. **** you dude, **** you. I'm going to have you banned, count on it. This bullshit you pull is intolerable, and you're now crossing the line. ****ing lying fraud sack of shit.

And by the way, notice how noone else agrees with anything you say, even though you delude yourself into thinking so with posts like these. Read the other posts. You're a pathetic, delusional moron.
How old are we here? You are mad because you said something foolish and nobody is agreeing with you? Look at the poll. A lot of people in this thread is telling how a 2 year lay off can be harmful. I am not exposing you, you are exposing yourself and showing how immature you are with your talk of 3 year old ban lists and name calling.

Also, you can't have another poster banned because you disagree with them. Thats like me trying to get somone banned because they think that Ali would lose to Marciano. Its not happening.
slicksouthpaw16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #35
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer
Holmes was in his prime in the late 70s and early 80s.

I tend to agree. Between 1978 and 1982. His schedule was busy the following year, 1983, and he began to slow down in the process. He took Rodriguez lightly as he came in around 220lbs, his career highest at the time I believe. He sat down on his jab through the entire fight, using it to control the fight. Holmes' reflexes, mobility, and co-ordination evaporated when he was in against the younger Witherspoon, who was 15-0 at the time. Holmes' heart wasn't to be questioned when he was just about outta there during the 9th round. I believe those fights showed the first significant signs that Holmes was spiralling downward from his prime.
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #36
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16
How old are we here? You are mad because you said something foolish and nobody is agreeing with you? Look at the poll. A lot of people in this thread is telling how a 2 year lay off can be harmful. I am not exposing you, you are exposing yourself and showing how immature you are with your talk of 3 year old ban lists and name calling.

Also, you can't have another poster banned because you disagree with them. These like me trying to get somone banned because they think that Ali would lose to Marciano. Its not happening.
I didn't say what you accused me of saying. You started a poll about me and a few other posters based on something we didn't say and got everyone to chime in on it, attempting to lose us credibility based on something we didn't even say. That's why you'll be banned, because you're slandering other posters with shit you've made up, because otherwise noone agrees with your bullshit opinions. I never said Tyson beat a prime Holmes as you accused me of. You outright lied. And you then played the further sympathy card by talking of disrespect to legends(once again, when I did nothing of the sort) to get others on your side, and rigged the poll on something I once again didn't say, to try to get people against me.

If that's not the lowest, most insecure, scumbag move I've ever seen pulled on this forum I don't know what is.

I even said in that very thread that a fight between the two prime for prime was 50/50, anyone can look that up. You're an insecure, lying fraud. **** you.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #37
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 1040
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

1. Holmes was not in his prime when he faced Tyson
2. Holmes is under ratted
3. Holmes is under apricatied by a lot of people
4. A prime Holmes would have given a prime Tyson problems.
5. Tyson would still have won if they meet in their primes.
ripcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #38
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere gone off dat lean!
Posts: 945
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
I didn't say what you accused me of saying. You started a poll about me and a few other posters based on something we didn't say and got everyone to chime in on it, attempting to lose us credibility based on something we didn't even say. That's why you'll be banned, because you're slandering other posters with shit you've made up, because otherwise noone agrees with your bullshit opinions. I never said Tyson beat a prime Holmes as you accused me of. You outright lied. And you then played the further sympathy card by talking of disrespect to legends(once again, when I did nothing of the sort) to get others on your side, and rigged the poll on something I once again didn't say, to try to get people against me.

If that's not the lowest, most insecure, scumbag move I've ever seen pulled on this forum I don't know what is.

I even said in that very thread that a fight between the two prime for prime was 50/50, anyone can look that up. You're an insecure, lying fraud. **** you.
Yeah, people are insercure online with people that they will never see. What is there to be insercure about? Do i not have a life offline? You have to be either feeling fooligh/exposed, or just have no life in order to take this heart. You said what you said and you see how foolish you sound.
slicksouthpaw16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #39
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16
You said what you said and you see how foolish you sound.
What did I say? You accused me of saying that Tyson beat a prime Holmes at the start of this thread. Point me to where I said that in the thread.

I clearly said in that thread and this one that a fight between the two prime for prime is 50/50 for me. Again, point me to where I said it. I'll wait.

edit: You're now conveniently offline. Figures. What a loser.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #40
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16
Exposing you is not the reason why i made this thread, (which didn't work).
Well gents, there is the jist of this sorry thread.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #41
OBCboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

I think it's pathetic to go out of your way to "expose another poster", when clearly you are wrong.

(This is where he inserts a dirty *** joke involving my mother) Like all trolls do.
OBCboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #42
Rebel-INS
Mighty Healthy
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Holmes was no where near prime when they fought, but I can't remember reading anyone say that.

Keep this sort of thread in the general forum, it ruins the classic for everyone else.
Rebel-INS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:42 PM   #43
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
Yeah, but he wasn't in his prime when Tyson beat him. He was clearly at his best at light-heavyweight. And he wasn't a big heavyweight either, although his skills and ring generalship made up for his weight disadvantage.
But he still got more fanfare and support vs Tyson than near all the others. Hindsight is great but Tyson flogged a guy many thought would be a live opponent. It's a quite decent win even if not earth shattering.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 PM   #44
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
I'm going to have you banned, count on it.






JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:05 AM   #45
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Holmes was in his prime when Tyson beat him(Read the post first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
But he still got more fanfare and support vs Tyson than near all the others. Hindsight is great but Tyson flogged a guy many thought would be a live opponent. It's a quite decent win even if not earth shattering.
Do you think Spinks may have doubted his own ability a little vs Tyson?

Last edited by Vantage_West; 06-07-2007 at 11:09 PM.
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013