boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Which punch was more devastating?
Tyson's straight right on Frans Botha 24 39.34%
Lewis' overhand right on Hasim Rahman 30 49.18%
Equally devastating 3 4.92%
Not sure but both would have felled a tree 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #16
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lewis' right on Rahman or Tyson's right on Botha: Which was more devastating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Exactly, I think the dumbest logic from Lewis boosters is that he's the #1 HW on a H2H basis and would smoke Liston, Frazier, Tyson, Foreman, Holyfield and several others all in their primes.

While Zakman's logic of "JEEZ, if a 2nd rater like Rahman can do it, then I don't see why "insert name" can't do it either" is not totally correct, it's MUCH closer than Lewis being the #1 HW on a H2H comparison, because that's about as goddamn far from the truth as it gets.

Both are just opinons. Personally I think he'd do well if he never got caught but who knows? The ring magazine picked him over a Foreman in a mythical match up so it's certainly possible he could do well against many ATG's.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #17
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: Lewis' right on Rahman or Tyson's right on Botha: Which was more devastating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan
Both are just opinons. Personally I think he'd do well if he never got caught but who knows? The ring magazine picked him over a Foreman in a mythical match up so it's certainly possible he could do well against many ATG's.
Hiya Van! Here goes......

Well, if McCall and Lewis could turn the trick.......
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #18
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Legend
Lewis had phenomenal defense and clinched all the time. Still had a glass jaw though.
You want to see clinching try watching some of Ali's fights. He was the king of clinching.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #19
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Hiya Van! Here goes......

Well, if McCall and Lewis could turn the trick.......
Ah..Zak you're good for a laugh I'll give ya that. I guess we all just shout out the second part of your sentence in unison
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #20
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Legend
I'd rather watch him get knocked out cold by tyson.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #21
Stewbear
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Glass or not - one thing's for sure. When that guy hit the canvas, the fight was OVER. IMO, that's says a lot.
lol that is hilarious considering he went down twice
do you not even care how stupid you sound nowadays zakman so bitter and twisted I love it.
Think I might just rewatch Lewis beating the **** out of Evan Fields oh I mean holyfield again :]
Stewbear is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 08:56 AM   #22
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 137

I voted for the Tyson right, but it's not an easy call.

What impressed me with the Botha knockout is that Tyson's punch travelled just a few inches (from behind it seems he barely punched at all) but it took out a fairly tough man instantly. It reminded me of a Joe Lous right hand. That fight proved beyond doubt for me that Tyson, in addition to having speed and snap, had very heavy hands.

The Rahman KO was maybe more spectacular, but Rahman (although unconscious) was able to kind of get up. When Botha tried getting up he kept falling over.

But talking of the Rahman KO, wasn't his gameplan to stick his arms out in an attempt to keep Lewis at bay the most re****ed thing EVER? Lewis had a longer reach. What was Rahman thinking?
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #23
quintonjacksonfan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Shavers-Holmes 2 was a great fight
quintonjacksonfan is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
quintonjacksonfan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ali not overated. He dominated two different eras. Your boy Tyson dominated

3 years .
quintonjacksonfan is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #25
Stewbear
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury
I voted for the Tyson right, but it's not an easy call.

What impressed me with the Botha knockout is that Tyson's punch travelled just a few inches (from behind it seems he barely punched at all) but it took out a fairly tough man instantly. It reminded me of a Joe Lous right hand. That fight proved beyond doubt for me that Tyson, in addition to having speed and snap, had very heavy hands.

The Rahman KO was maybe more spectacular, but Rahman (although unconscious) was able to kind of get up. When Botha tried getting up he kept falling over.

But talking of the Rahman KO, wasn't his gameplan to stick his arms out in an attempt to keep Lewis at bay the most re****ed thing EVER? Lewis had a longer reach. What was Rahman thinking?
Does it not say more about their chins?
Stewbear is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #26
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
Watch Larry Holmes get up from Earnie Shavers right hand, and you'll see the best recorvery of a knockdown in your entire life.
Holmes was out of it when he got up, worse than lewis versus mccall, the difference is that it was a different referee that gave him the benifit of the doubt.
barneyrub is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #27
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan
You want to see clinching try watching some of Ali's fights. He was the king of clinching.
Heres some clinching and grabbing,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
barneyrub is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #28
MoneyPunch

Tyson on Botha.
Rahman was hurt, but up again relatively quickly.
Botha was wiped out, down for ages, and incoherant when up, and pretty non responsive.

That was a 1 punch demolition, whereas Lewis has softened Rahman up.

Tysons punch was short, bang on the chin and with his whole body weight behind it.
MoneyPunch is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #29
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyPunch
Tyson on Botha.
Rahman was hurt, but up again relatively quickly.
Botha was wiped out, down for ages, and incoherant when up, and pretty non responsive.

That was a 1 punch demolition, whereas Lewis has softened Rahman up.

Tysons punch was short, bang on the chin and with his whole body weight behind it.
Agreed.

Not to mention Botha was more likely the more durable of the two and to see him collapse like that completely finished I tend to lean towards Mike's punch.
ironchamp is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #30
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

I'll go with Tyson's, because he was getting outboxed and looked clueless, whereas Lewis was well on his way to victory.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum