Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #16
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideOfWales
Biggest by what criteria?
Interest in America/Britain
PPV buys
What was at stake (P4P#1)
Purses.

And one for debate, if it had been here, it would have been the biggest attendance for a fight that we've ever seen.
onourway is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #17
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport Essex innit
Posts: 5,845
vCash: 75
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
Interest in America/Britain
PPV buys
What was at stake (P4P#1)
Purses.

And one for debate, if it had been here, it would have been the biggest attendance for a fight that we've ever seen.
Easily. The SkySports News brigade would have been out in force.

For me personally, Benn/Eubank I & II was far more interesting as a big event.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #18
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Never ducked anyone?!

The reason the fight isn't at 2 in the morning is that neither Showtime nor HBO was interested. Hatton spins this into a positive by saying it's not at 2am as a present to his fans. What a ****.
mike464 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #19
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 224
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway

He's brought a lot of people to boxing, got it a lot of mainstream coverage and if he can get Mayweather over here for a fight in Wembley it will one of, if not the greatest sporting occasion Britain has seen.


yes it will get a lot of unwarranted press attention if it were to ever happen but it will be another mismatch of epic proportions that makes a mockery of the sport. hatton has no right to a rematch.

it won't even be the greatest sporting event involving a british team or sportsman/woman this decade.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #20
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies


yes it will get a lot of unwarranted press attention if it were to ever happen but it will be another mismatch of epic proportions that makes a mockery of the sport. hatton has no right to a rematch.

it won't even be the greatest sporting event involving a british team or sportsman/woman this decade.
As it stands Hatton has no right to a re-match but "another mismatch of epic proportions" and "makes a mockery of the sport"?? Are you chief headline writer for the Daily Mail?
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #21
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 224
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
As it stands Hatton has no right to a re-match but "another mismatch of epic proportions" and "makes a mockery of the sport"?? Are you chief headline writer for the Daily Mail?
truth hurts.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #22
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
truth hurts.
Sometimes, but that aint the truth its just cliched phrases and way OTT.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #23
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

**** him
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #24
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 224
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Sometimes, but that aint the truth its just cliched phrases and way OTT.
so you don't believe hatton-mayweather is a mismatch despite last december's fight?

you don't think it would make a mockery of the sport when the so called P4P king chooses to fight the guys who make him the most money despite him being loaded as it is and not taking on guys who genuinely deserve it such as cotto and margo?
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #25
jc
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,536
vCash: 419
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
Never ducked anyone?!

The reason the fight isn't at 2 in the morning is that neither Showtime nor HBO was interested. Hatton spins this into a positive by saying it's not at 2am as a present to his fans. What a ****.
HBO are televising the fight as far as I can tell. Its only a ppv fight in the UK and you can guarentee Ricky can makw most of what he lost by not fighting at 2am, by the percentage of ppv buys he;ll generate from a UK prime time fight.

He's joking if he beleives he isnt ducking anyone though.
jc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #26
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
so you don't believe hatton-mayweather is a mismatch despite last december's fight?

you don't think it would make a mockery of the sport when the so called P4P king chooses to fight the guys who make him the most money despite him being loaded as it is and not taking on guys who genuinely deserve it such as cotto and margo?
I don't believe Hatton-Mayweather 1 was a "mismatch of epic proportions" which is what you claimed when saying a re-match would be another one.

Boxers fight for money esp. Mayweather, it you want to hate on his undeserving opponents then you might be better off concentrating on ODL, he has a rematch with Mayweather coming up after losing to him in one of the dullest big fights in a long time. We'd all like to see the Cotto and Margo fights but them not happening is disappointing not "making a mockery of the sport".
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #27
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 224
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
I don't believe Hatton-Mayweather 1 was a "mismatch of epic proportions" which is what you claimed when saying a re-match would be another one.

Boxers fight for money esp. Mayweather, it you want to hate on his undeserving opponents then you might be better off concentrating on ODL, he has a rematch with Mayweather coming up after losing to him in one of the dullest big fights in a long time. We'd all like to see the Cotto and Margo fights but them not happening is disappointing not "making a mockery of the sport".
holding the welterweight crown and P4P title hostage whilst defending against unworthy opponents and ignoring those who do deserve a shot is pretty much sticking two fingers up at the sport.

you are correct about DLH-mayweather II.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #28
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

General sports fans buy and fund 'big' fights, no sports fan will criticize Mayweather for fighting DLH instead of Cotto because Oscar is the guy that they've heard of, seen fight and seen in magazines. It's only the boxing fans who know Cotto, Margo etc would be better, tougher fights and we don't pay enough to have much of a say.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #29
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bolton
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileys_tunes
i think malignaggi could beat him
Dont be ridiculous
pne buz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #30
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bolton
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton winding down his career

When i first came on this site i said it appeared to have a lot of knowledgable people posting and was warned that wasnt always the case.Well this thread proves his point.Why you are giving Hatton so much shit is beyond me.He has been one if not the best British fighter in my life.He has got in amongst the American money market which our boxers seldom do.He has been in with some of the best fighters on the planet and given us Brits something to be proud of.And yet bitter twisted pricks on here are giving him pelters.Your pathetic.
pne buz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013