Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 AM   #1
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132
Default Now can we stop with the Khan vs Katsidis talk.

no offense but i just finished watching the some highlights of the fight. Willie fought very well and exsposed Khan's chin. of course there have been alot of fans in here saying that Khan always had a weak chin.

but this doesnt go out to them, this thread is for the fans that thought Khan would be way to good for someone like Katsidis.
and after watching a small lightweight puncher like Limond nearly make Khan see queer street.

Well all i could think was those who thought Khan would out box Katsidis well as soon as Katsidis hit Khan in the head the fight would be over.

man Katsidis would put Khan away in about 3 rounds and im willing to bet a year avatar bet on that if it ever happens.

but i doubt Frank will even put Khan near anyone with a power after this.

Amsterdam and Dunky you were right about this fraud called Khan i guess we can now expect to see Khan fight 20 more bums before they even think about a Katsidis or a Daiz.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Now can we stop with the Khan vs Katsidis talk.

Katsidis could put him to sleep, this was true before the Limond fight. This is true for most fighters out there though. Katsidis looks like he can hit some.

Khan would need to fight a cautious fight, very defensive, pot shotting etc Maybe come up with something late.

Still, Katsidis at the moment is on the world stage, Khan is not. I wonder if people would consider Khan world class if he beat the same man Katsidis did!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

no way Khan beats Katsidis now (michael has 6 years and , but what has Katsidis done except put away (and get knocked down by) a shot Graham Earl and Mosquera

I think Limond takes Earl out NOW (let alone Khan)
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member

Thats what I dont get, Katsidis beats graham Earl and now considered World Classs?? IF Kid Khan beat Earl nobody wud be saying the same thing and rightly so.
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stake501
no way Khan beats Katsidis now (michael has 6 years and , but what has Katsidis done except put away (and get knocked down by) a shot Graham Earl and Mosquera

I think Limond takes Earl out NOW (let alone Khan)
this post is well shocking.
Stake if you truely believ Graham Earl was a shot fighter before the Katsidis fight why did Ring have ranked the 10th best Lightweight in the world.

so what your telling me is that Khan would put Katsidis away. i thought but i guess i should have known that someone would still think Khan is to good for Katsidis.
i know Khan age but Limond i Light puncher at Lightweight nearly put Khan away. imagine what i heavy hitter like Katsidis would do to that chin. Earl got up off the canvas 4 times against Katsidis and showed great heart.
Khan would struggle to get up being hit by Katsidis.

i was clearly trying to point out that you Khan fans wont want him going near anyone that has power after seeing this.
Yes he got up and showed heart came back and won. but were talking about a natural Light Fisted Super Featherweight here.

i think John Murray or Graham Earl would beat Khan right now. and thats no joke.
and wouldnt give Khan a chance against Thaxton,Katsidisor any other hard hitting lightweight.

Frank ****** will now put Khan in the Ring against featherfisted guys now for at least 20 more fights. you wont see Khan fight anyone inside the top ten at 135 for at least 2 years if not more.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
dwilson

vCash:

Katsidis would only have to fart in Khans general direction to ko him.
I know Katsidis is still raw and not great in all th departments needed to be considered a genuine great boxer but he has got respectable tools and a huge punch.

Earl is a good boxer, maybe Euopean level at best but would still give Khan the run around at present time.

Limond did a good job against Khan but did not have the power to finish him off when he had the chance.

Thaxton is decent but crude with a punch. Very dangerous for Khan because i do not think Khan has the brain skills to out box him which he would need to do.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
chewy 22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Katsidas is chinny also. He's got good recovery levels. I dont think he's that great either, but he is exciting. Would be a hell of a fight with Khan, but if happens in the next two years, Katsidas wins. btw Thaxton beats Katsidas

Last edited by geppy; 03-10-2006 at 03:35 AM.
chewy 22 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #8
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy 22
Katsidas is chinny also. He's got good recovery levels. I dont think he's that great either, but he is exciting. Would be a hell of a fight with Khan, but if happens in the next two years, Katsidas wins. btw Thaxton beats Katsidas
Katsidis has a solid chin. he took some big punch's from Earl. he was at one point hurt but i wouldnt say badly i mean he came back straight away to knock Earl down again.

all i will say could you honestly see Khan taking the shots both Earl and Katsidis took in that fight and still be standing. both fighters in that fight took some big shots and kept going it was only when Earl retired they stopped.

Khan in that fight wouldnt have lasted 1 round if he was either Earl or Katsidis in that fight.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
SevenSamurai
3 year ESB vet.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

This is the LAST opponent on earth that ****** would feed his cash cow to.

Katsides hits like a mule, he lacks skills but we all know ****** thus far has avoided fighters even with average power, so a match against a fighter with well above average power is a no no.
SevenSamurai is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #10
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
this post is well shocking.
Stake if you truely believ Graham Earl was a shot fighter before the Katsidis fight why did Ring have ranked the 10th best Lightweight in the world.

so what your telling me is that Khan would put Katsidis away. i thought but i guess i should have known that someone would still think Khan is to good for Katsidis.
i know Khan age but Limond i Light puncher at Lightweight nearly put Khan away. imagine what i heavy hitter like Katsidis would do to that chin. Earl got up off the canvas 4 times against Katsidis and showed great heart.
Khan would struggle to get up being hit by Katsidis.

i was clearly trying to point out that you Khan fans wont want him going near anyone that has power after seeing this.
Yes he got up and showed heart came back and won. but were talking about a natural Light Fisted Super Featherweight here.

i think John Murray or Graham Earl would beat Khan right now. and thats no joke.
and wouldnt give Khan a chance against Thaxton,Katsidisor any other hard hitting lightweight.

Frank ****** will now put Khan in the Ring against featherfisted guys now for at least 20 more fights. you wont see Khan fight anyone inside the top ten at 135 for at least 2 years if not more.
Blah blah blah...Dude....did u read my post ...I said no way Khan beats Katsidis now.

So Ring had Manfredo in the top 10 SMW, what does it mean,,,,nothing.

Earl is shot....even more so from the pasting he took from Katsidis. he cannot even talk properly anymore, its called being punch drunk
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

It is yet to be seen if Katsidis is REAL World class, bashing up (and getting decked in the process) Graham Earl doesnt prove world class ability.

But I agree that Kat KOs Khan, style wise its all wrong for him aswel as too early for him...

****** says Khan could be weight drained, if Rees beats Mbaye expect Khan to make the plunge into the 140 division.
jc is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It has to be said, Katsidis is hardly proven fully yet, but it also has to be said, he would put Khan to sleep if they fight in the next couple of years.
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #13
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the real question now is though who and what do you do with Khan.

i mean who does he fight in the next year.

Dave Stewart
Scott Lawton
Lee McAlister
Afif Hamdani
Ramazan Palyani

does he have all those fights before taking on say Thaxton,Murray or Ray Narh.
i just thought that Frank will tee up 5 fights like that then go after Thaxton or even a Narh type fighter.
and i think all those fights i named would be ok for Khan to get through in say the next year.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 01:05 AM   #14
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

I have been saying for some time now that Thaxton would beat Khan and I think now a lot of people will come over to that point of view .

British-Thaxton
European-Romanov
WBO interim-Katsidis

Basically what I'm saying is , Frank which African import is next ?
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2007, 05:15 AM   #15
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I still want to see Khan defend against Earl, fight Thaxton, get two gimmes in then go for Romanov then who knows from there. That would take him the next two years or so anyway.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum