Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #31
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300
Default Re: boxers who fought with one hand

Danny Williams against Mark Potter..

Tyrell Biggs against Jeff Simms..

Danny had a dislocated shoulder and Tyrell had a broken Collarbone...
Bigcat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #32
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysouthpaw
Hello All,
I am new to this site and love what I am getting into!
I am working on a documentary film that has been a project of passion for me for some time. It is about Jews and there part in the great sport of boxing.
Mainly this film will cover between the First and the Second World Wars, but will also include some boxers after this time as well as before this time.

Here is a link to the Trailer I have put together so far, if you have time, please take a look and let me know what you think:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Since making this trailer, I have interviewed a few other people, which is one of the reasons I am here. One of those interviews was Herbie Kronowitz. Here is a link to a segment I put together from his interview:

As you can also see, I have interviewed Budd Schulberg. I have gotten a "Yes" from Dmitriy Salita and Yuri Foreman as well as Bert Sugar and even Dana Rosenblatt. I have spoken to Saul Mamby and a few other people I am excited to interview and put in this amazing project.

The footage in the Kronowitz segment other then the obvious ones, is not Herbie. I am sorry to the person looking for footage. I am also on the hunt for any footage of Jews who were boxers. I am hping some one here may have a lead for me to find that as well as other visuals I can use. I am also looking for any help or input any of you very passionate members may have, and want to share.

I am hoping this documentary while all about Jews, will serve all American Immigrants who fought, and shared this sport.

Please feel free to contact me with any help on any of this!

Thanks so much.

Nysouthpaw
Welcome! I think more people would be interested in seeing that footage, perhaps you want to make a new thread about it?
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #33
El Matador
Your Boxing Authority
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Wladmir Klitschko (vs. Calvin Brock, and vs. Sultan Ibragimov), all he used was his left hand for twelve rounds, very rarely throwing ocassional left hooks and even few right hands.

Strange performances, considering Klitschko has a very good right hand, but in both cases, he ignored it completely, opting to simply jab and jab again.
El Matador is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #34
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Hello All,
I am working on a documentary film that has been a project of passion for me for some time. It is about Jews and there part in the great sport of boxing.
Mainly this film will cover between the First and the Second World Wars, but will also include some boxers after this time as well as before this time.

Here is a link to the Trailer I have put together so far, if you have time, please take a look and let me know what you think:

Since making this trailer, I have interviewed a few other people, which is one of the reasons I am here. One of those interviews was Herbie Kronowitz. Here is a link to a segment I put together from his interview:

As you can also see, I have interviewed Budd Schulberg. I have gotten a "Yes" from Dmitriy Salita and Yuri Foreman as well as Bert Sugar and even Dana Rosenblatt. I have spoken to Saul Mamby and a few other people I am excited to interview and put in this amazing project.

The footage in the Kronowitz segment other then the obvious ones, is not Herbie. I am sorry to the person looking for footage. I am also on the hunt for any footage of Jews who were boxers. I am hping some one here may have a lead for me to find that as well as other visuals I can use. I am also looking for any help or input any of you very passionate members may have, and want to share.

I am hoping this documentary while all about Jews, will serve all American Immigrants who fought, and shared this sport.

Thanks so much.

Nysouthpaw
Great project! Congratulations! I watched your interview with Kronowitz and hung on every word as my father Charley Zivic pictured in my avatar, fought Herbie in Madison Square Garden, on February 13, 1948. And so for me, listening to Herbie, seeing the pained grin, the still hungry twinkling of the eye, put some flesh on the lore. Thanks.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #35
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks so much.

Nysouthpaw
Good to have you on board.

This is a project that is long everdue and I will look at it with interest.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #36
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

John Conteh as others have said.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #37
radianttwilight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hopkins did it. I think it was after Echols bodyslammed him.
radianttwilight is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #38
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Winky
DLH
Cooney
Polymath is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #39
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomy
Can anybody name boxers who fought primarily with the right hand out of an orthodox position?
Mayweather, in more negative mode, seemed to rely heavily on the right counter. A little like Toney.
Polymath is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #40
Nobudius
Journeyman

Ismael Laguna-lol.

Perhaps unfair to him, but his jab could win fights.
Nobudius is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #41
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49
tommy loughran
You beat me to it! Loughran had bad hands ,he couldnt aford to take a chance with his right.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #42
Nysouthpaw

Thanks to all who have welcomed me to this great site!
I hope to stay in contact and have as much input as possible from all your great minds!
I am glad some of you have looked at my work, as of yet. More will follow.
If anyone has any good leads to any kind of helpful items that i can borrow or use or see in electronic form, that would be great.
I will start a thread about this project, thanks for that great idea.

Cheers,

Nysouthpaw
Nysouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #43
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

here are a couple of one armed classics for you;

Matthew Barney Vs anyone, most notably Oakey and Francis, during the Barney-Francis fight, Dean actually hurt his own arm and both were fighting with one arm, one out of habit and the other out of necesity.
jc is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #44
Nysouthpaw

Hey there John,

Did you ever watch Herbie Kronowitz fight?
Did you ever see Morris Rief, Danny Kapilow or recall seeing any Jewish fighters at St.Nicks?

I am filming fans who have seen some of the boxers I am going to talk about, and can give "us" a feeling of how it was.

Thanks,

Nysouthpaw
Nysouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #45
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

Quote:
Thanks to all who have welcomed me to this great site!
I hope to stay in contact and have as much input as possible from all your great minds!
I am glad some of you have looked at my work, as of yet. More will follow.
If anyone has any good leads to any kind of helpful items that i can borrow or use or see in electronic form, that would be great.
I will start a thread about this project, thanks for that great idea.

Cheers,

Nysouthpaw
Welcome to the site, Nysouthpaw!
Russell is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum