Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I understand Hatton fans now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
A lot of posters are just anti-Hatton
He's brought that on himself with his whingeing after the PBF fight and his stubborn refusal to consider fighting Witter. I haven't been posting on here long so I don't know what's been said before, but my guess is a lot of the anti-Hatton feeling is a recent thing.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #32
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realspitts
its boxing fans vs boxer fans.

meaning 'hatton' fans will tune in and support him no matter what.

boxing fans wanna see hatton fight witter more than anyone else.

obviously witter cant sell like hatton, but together with all the hype from 5years ago on a hbo countdown special, will definetly be a blockbuster hit.

witter by split decision.
I know you're a newb, but how can you predict a fight by split decision when you don't even know the judges?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #33
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
He's brought that on himself with his whingeing after the PBF fight and his stubborn refusal to consider fighting Witter. I haven't been posting on here long so I don't know what's been said before, but my guess is a lot of the anti-Hatton feeling is a recent thing.
Not really Joe, it was pretty anti-Hatton here before he fought Zoo but they had to shut up when he stopped Zoo, went over to the USA and beat Maussa, Collazo, JLC etc and then fought Mayweather. They've just started crawling out of the woodwork again at the first opportunity because Lazcano is a weak opponent.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #34
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

I used to post at boxingtalk around the Tszyu/Maussa fights, I don't remember any hate for Hatton.

I've been here since after the Mayweather fight and the level of hate is just stupid.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #35
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Not really Joe, it was pretty anti-Hatton here before he fought Zoo but they had to shut up when he stopped Zoo, went over to the USA and beat Maussa, Collazo, JLC etc and then fought Mayweather. They've just started crawling out of the woodwork again at the first opportunity because Lazcano is a weak opponent.
Well I was just speaking for myself then. As I've said before while not a massive fan I wanted him to beat Mayweather, I'm more disappointed with his attitude since.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #36
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
Castillo was ranked above Witter at 140 when Hatton fought him.
YOu sure about that?

Plus Castillo was only carrying a ranking from Lightweight, Castillo had achieved nothing 140.
Mikey is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #37
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
YOu sure about that?

Plus Castillo was only carrying a ranking from Lightweight, Castillo had achieved nothing 140.
Castillo was 140 pound Ring #1, Witter was #2.

This the thing about Witter, he is geniunely nobody in America. Even a Castillo with two fights at the weight, one a sd, was ranked above him. Sad maybe, but very true.

Last edited by SleazeNation; 05-06-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #38
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thats the big thing for me. A lot of posters are just anti-Hatton and Witter is just the tool they use to have pop at him. If it wasn't for Hatton Witter wouldn't even get a look in around here.
zzzz zzzz,

when will you stop talking bollocks Gaz? you sound as patronising and deluded as Wicky himself.
Witter has carved out a good career for himself with some good wins and good titles. I don't understand this claim Hatton sackswingers and Hatton himself make about Witter making a careeer for himself off Hatton's back. It's total nonsense, a lie.
watch for Hatton to big up Paulie ahead of their fight, when in reality Witter's record is far more impressive. But you won't hear any of that from Wicky's mouth.
**** knows how Jack thinks Malignaggi is better or higher renked than Witter. I sometimes wonder if you Hatton drones actually think before writing your posts.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #39
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

TRUE BOXNG FANS want to see this fight, and make no excuses for anyone or anything that tries to stop the fight from being made!

I AM A TRUE BOXING FAN!

So far Hatton has done everything he can to deprive TRUE BOXING FANS of this fight, and until he steps up and faces Witter anyone who makes excuses for him is full of shit!

Any boxing fan worth a toss should be against Hatton over the way he has flat out avoided Witter.

If Hatton ever takes the fight he should be praised by all, but until then as fans of this great sport we should be on his arse!

Remember, it's BOXING NOT BOXERS!
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2008, 01:20 AM   #40
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thats the big thing for me. A lot of posters are just anti-Hatton and Witter is just the tool they use to have pop at him. If it wasn't for Hatton Witter wouldn't even get a look in around here.
Why are they just "anti Hatton"?

What exactly has Hatton got or done that makes people hate him or become jealous of him?

I think youll find that most people dont hate Hatton for anything other than the fact that he's blatantly ducked Witter l for so many years.

I mean with me, you are talking to someone who is'nt even jealous of the likes of David Haye, De La Hoya, Mayweather, Chuck Liddell, Fedor Emelianenko, GSP etc so why would i be jealous of Ricky Hatton?

I don't hate Ricky and neither am i jealous of him, but as a boxign fan i am truely mother ****ing pissed right off about the fact that he's still ducking Junior Witter after all these years, even though Witter is ranked No'2 and holds the Green belt.

Stop looking for thing's that are'nt there and just accept that most people are just pissed at Ricky for depriving them of this fight!

Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2008, 04:33 AM   #41
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

TRUE BOXING FANS want to see the biggest fights.

Hatton-Tszyu was that 3 years ago, Hatton-Mayweather was that 5 months ago. Hatton-Witter will never be the biggest fight out there.

Hatton fought the #1 contender at 140 less than a year ago. And he's going to fight the #2 in his next fight. Witter is the 1# contender now and if that fight happens - great. But don't make out it's the only fight in the whole world for Hatton and he needs to take it.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:40 AM   #42
mrbassie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

ppl who want a witter fight just hate hatton? bollocks. I want the fight, don't particularly care for hatton but certainly don't hate him, just don't like the fact he's been so safety first through his career (mayweather being the one inarguable exception), I quite liked Witter before I'd even seen Hatton, remember enjoying his fight with Steve Conway, that was about when I started routing for him.

Ok disclaimer aside, Hatton should fight Witter, should have done years ago-it's long over due. The principle reason it should happen is that it would be a good fight, better than HattonvMalinaggi will be because Malinaggi doesn't have the punch to stop Hatton in his tracks, a lot of us believe Witter does and can beat even stop him.
mrbassie is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #43
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbassie
I want the fight, don't particularly care for hatton but certainly don't hate him, just don't like the fact he's been so safety first through his career (mayweather being the one inarguable exception), I quite liked Witter before I'd even seen Hatton, remember enjoying his fight with Steve Conway, that was about when I started routing for him.
Is that a joke? Hatton's been "so safety first"!!!

Junior Witter is 34 years old and has fought nowhere near the level of competition that Hatton has.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #44
Marvellous1

It might not be the biggest fight in the world, or the biggest fight ever for Hatton. A fight against Witter is the biggest in the division in which Hatton prfesses to be number 1. It is the biggest Hatton could have at this moment in time. People's problem is the reason it isn't happening. It's not due to injuries, collapsed negociations or anything. It's merely because one fighter "doesn't want to" and the reasons have changed with the weather. If there was a legitimate reason boxing fans could accept, there wouldn't bea problem.

Also, Castillo was as much the number 1 light-welterweight when Hatton fought him, as Hatton was the number one welterweight when mayweather fought him. Both coming up from a number 1 status at a lower weight, both not particularly convincing in their previous outings at the higher weight and both leapfrogging what inside fans know to be sterner tests.
Marvellous1 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #45
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i fully understand the frustrations of the fellow posters.

but my dislike for witter had always clouded my judgement on this issue.

enjoy ya 2nd on the bill at nottingham arena junior.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum